"Maybe we'll just confiscate them"
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: "Maybe we'll just confiscate them"

  1. #1
    Senior Member HPL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Coastal Bend of Texas
    Posts
    5,059

    Default "Maybe we'll just confiscate them"

    Here is a little story I got from the NRA. Be sure to watch the video.

    https://www.nraila.org/articles/2019...fiscating-guns

    HPL
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

    Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

    Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

    www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

  2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    SW Minnesota
    Posts
    4,702

    Default

    It's really ashamed what these politicians get away with, look no further than Trump's bump stock ban.

  4. #3
    Senior Member sick lids's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    mukwonago, wi
    Posts
    854

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    Here is a little story I got from the NRA. Be sure to watch the video.

    https://www.nraila.org/articles/2019...fiscating-guns

    HPL
    https://reason.com/2018/11/16/rep-er...n-confiscatio/

  5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    531

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    Here is a little story I got from the NRA. Be sure to watch the video.

    https://www.nraila.org/articles/2019...fiscating-guns

    HPL
    Oh my God. Your vigilance is greatly appreciated
    Johnny Bar the Door.
    All we hold dear is soon to be taken away by this Evil Woman
    Forewarned is forearmed

    Here's another scary statements from some slimy politician who wants to ignore constitutional rights.

    Trump says take guns first and worry about 'due process second' in White House gun meeting
    DAVID JACKSON AND DEIRDRE SHESGREEN AND NICOLE GAUDIANO | USA TODAY | 5:49 pm EST February 28, 2018

    Now let's compare and contrast those two statements
    The first statement was made by an Illinois state senator.
    As such, she has zero Authority regarding the United States Constitution.

    The second statement was made by the president of the United States. Is the commander and chief in the head of the executive department which is head of much of government including the justice department, which enforces and interprets laws dealing with the Constitution.
    The appoints judges and has the right to sign into law or veto any proposed legislation
    What he does can have a profound effect on everyone in the United States

    What the Illinois state senator said was in reference to PROPOSED legislation.
    More significantly what you said she said is a bit of FAKE NEWS. Your article is obviously being intentionally misleading. You should read more carefully You were duped
    What she said in your headline was not in reference to the actual proposed legislation it was in response to a question at town hall meeting about paperwork and fees in the actual proposed legislation. She tongue in cheek responded and facetiously responded by saying if you don't like the registration and $25 fee in the PROPOSED law maybe we can just confiscate the guns and you won't have to worry about the registration and fees.

    What the president said was not in response to a question but was his actual thoughts on confiscating guns: WITHOUT REGARD TO CONSTITUTIONALLY GUARANTEED DUE PROCESS PROTECTIONS.!!!

    The president of the United States takes an oath of office before he becomes President.
    The wording of the Oath is specified in Article 2 Section 1 Clause 8 of The Constitution of the United States.:

    he shall take the following Oath or Affirmation:—"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

    The female state senator from Illinois takes no such oath.

    What President Trump said in his statement violates his oath of office to " preserve protect and defend the Constitution of the United States"
    As opposed to doing what his oath says he would do preserving protecting and defending the Constitution, He is in fact actually doing the exact opposite of his oath and is in fact attacking the Constitution United States. specifically
    in regards to not only the Second Amendment, but also the Fourth Amendment the Fifth Amendment the Seventh Amendment and the Fourteenth Amendment.

    So my obvious question to you is why are you sounding the alarm about some Illinois state senator proposed legislation that affects no one and has no constitutional Authority but you remained silent about what the president statement said which was similar to but actually much worse than what even your twisted FAKE FACTS misconstrued version of what she said?

  7. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    531

    Default

    Oh my God Chicken Little the sky is falling let's all get into a bomb shelters

    You may need to read a little bit more carefully. Just focus on the sixth word in your cited article.

    Trump's comment on taking our guns WITHOUT DUE PROCESS were not sarcasm.
    What are your thoughts on that?

  8. #6
    Senior Member HPL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Coastal Bend of Texas
    Posts
    5,059

    Default

    This was NOT about what the USA today reported the president said, but rather what a politician ACTUALLY condescendingly said on camera to someone whom she ostensibly serves. It was NOT tongue in cheek, but clearly a threat, the kind that we have all heard from bullies with power. You didn't read my post very carefully. I didn't claim she said anything. Rather, I posted a link to a video that allowed anyone who wished to hear the COMPLETE exchange between the Senator and the constituent questioning her. We were able to hear his question (which, although a challenge, was asked respectfully) and her (dismissive) reply. Of course it was proposed legislation. Better hearing it now rather than when it was a fait accompli. Just very surprising that a Democrat would actually come clean on what the true goal is. If you don't think that is her actual long term intent, I think you are amazingly naive or gullible.

    Give me a link to the entire conversation from which the USA today quote was harvested, and then we'll make the comparison.

    On an aside, you are too confrontational. Pretty much all I see you do is attempt to pick fights. I don't think this is the sky falling, but it is important to know that there are absolutely folks out there who won't be happy until the government is all encompassing. Then, there are those of us who think that the government is already meddling in our lives too much. We should be vigilant in protecting ourselves from those in power who wish to "help" us. They mostly aren't very good at it. AS to the fact that the person in this particular video is a STATE politician, don't forget, as the great Democrat politician Tip O'Neill often said, "all politics is local".
    Last edited by HPL; 06-23-2019 at 02:33 AM.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

    Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

    Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

    www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

  9. #7
    Senior Member sick lids's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    mukwonago, wi
    Posts
    854

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tigerfan View Post
    Oh my God Chicken Little the sky is falling let's all get into a bomb shelters

    You may need to read a little bit more carefully. Just focus on the sixth word in your cited article.

    Trump's comment on taking our guns WITHOUT DUE PROCESS were not sarcasm.
    What are your thoughts on that?
    https://www.c-span.org/video/?c46807...set-forfeiture

    More than aware of Trumps stand on due process, here Trump gets duped by law enforcement officers with with zero respect for the constitution and a love for abusing the citizenry with their authority they are entrusted with. Trump even giggles about it, absolutely disgusting. Seeing Trump get manipulated/owned by the local constables, also makes me question what happens on the world stand. Trump also walked back his comment a bit regarding the gun grabbing, after the NRA jumped on it... True rights supporters do not need the NRA to explain anything to them! Trump can certainly be a rube.

    I do believe we are better off with Trump than Clinton. What a shit show gov has become.

  10. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    531

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    This was NOT about what the USA today reported the president said, but rather what a politician ACTUALLY condescendingly said on camera to someone whom she ostensibly serves. It was NOT tongue in cheek, but clearly a threat, the kind that we have all heard from bullies with power. You didn't read my post very carefully. I didn't claim she said anything. Rather, I posted a link to a video that allowed anyone who wished to hear the COMPLETE exchange between the Senator and the constituent questioning her. We were able to hear his question (which, although a challenge, was asked respectfully) and her (dismissive) reply. Of course it was proposed legislation. Better hearing it now rather than when it was a fait accompli. Just very surprising that a Democrat would actually come clean on what the true goal is. If you don't think that is her actual long term intent, I think you are amazingly naive or gullible.

    Give me a link to the entire conversation from which the USA today quote was harvested, and then we'll make the comparison.

    On an aside, you are too confrontational. Pretty much all I see you do is attempt to pick fights. I don't think this is the sky falling, but it is important to know that there are absolutely folks out there who won't be happy until the government is all encompassing. Then, there are those of us who think that the government is already meddling in our lives too much. We should be vigilant in protecting ourselves from those in power who wish to "help" us. They mostly aren't very good at it. AS to the fact that the person in this particular video is a STATE politician, don't forget, as the great Democrat politician Tip O'Neill often said, "all politics is local".
    With your ability to make a long winded responce the completely ignores the issues and not at all address the issue You ought to be a politician.
    I find it disingenuous that You claim you can't find this quote from the president it is something he ACTUALLY said and the link I gave you gives the date time authors everything of it.
    if you can't find it with that then try just Googling "President Trump says let's take the guns before due process" I'm fairly certain you will get plenty of sources to choose from
    You also talk about bullies with power who would Trump on are constitutionally protected rights.
    Do you somehow feel a threat or think this Illinois STATE Senator has anywhere close to the same power as the POTUS has??????
    Do you have a crystal ball or a Ouija board that allows you to know what the "true goal" is? If not then we kind of have to judge the legislation by what it actually says, wouldn't you agree.
    Just like we have to judge Trump statement know what he actually said
    I don't like either one of them but I find Trump's statements to be much more troubling, both in light of the huge difference in the ignoring of constitutionally guaranteed due process due process rights as well as the enormous difference in their power to affect us. I also find it rather hypocritical that you're sounding the alarm as to the Illinois State Senators words but completely silent about what the POTUS said.
    You claim that I didn't read your post very carefully I beg to disagree it was only 16 words that have now read it twice

    Then you stated that ....."I didn't claim she said anything"
    Really? Then why is the title to your thread
    ...."Maybe we'll just confiscate them"
    in quotations and if it's not from that senator who is that quote from?

    Lashley you claim that I'm too confrontational.
    Do you understand this is a political discussion forum where disagreements are the nature of the Beast?
    You sounded the alarm that this Illinois state senator is a great grave danger to our constitutional rights
    I countered that by stating that Trump had said something quite similar, but only even more offensives to our constitutionally guaranteed rights and that that was a much greater threat than this Illinois state senators proposed legislation.
    I've been made my arguments in support of my position.
    You on the other hand up here to have just chosen to deflect and not defend your position.
    I guess when the hard facts confront you and reality strikes you in the face the options are to either accept the hard reality......... or to ignore that reality and the hard reality it says about your sacred cow DJT, and resort to deflection

    So what do you think about Donald Trump and whether or not he is living up to his oath of office?

  11. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    531

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sick lids View Post
    https://www.c-span.org/video/?c46807...set-forfeiture

    More than aware of Trumps stand on due process, here Trump gets duped by law enforcement officers with with zero respect for the constitution and a love for abusing the citizenry with their authority they are entrusted with. Trump even giggles about it, absolutely disgusting. Seeing Trump get manipulated/owned by the local constables, also makes me question what happens on the world stand. Trump also walked back his comment a bit regarding the gun grabbing, after the NRA jumped on it... True rights supporters do not need the NRA to explain anything to them! Trump can certainly be a rube.

    I do believe we are better off with Trump than Clinton. What a shit show gov has become.
    Your link didn't work for me.
    I agree with your thoughts on due process and constitutional rights being abused not just by Trump's but by many different govt officials.
    There was a very prescient quote by one of our founding fathers Jefferson or Franklin or someone along the lines of ...those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither
    As to your last paragraph the first sentence my comment is can you believe that was the choice we were left with in a country of 330 million people?
    As to your closing sentence I couldn't agree more

  12. #10
    Senior Member sick lids's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    mukwonago, wi
    Posts
    854

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tigerfan View Post
    Your link didn't work for me.
    I agree with your thoughts on due process and constitutional rights being abused not just by Trump's but by many different govt officials.
    There was a very prescient quote by one of our founding fathers Jefferson or Franklin or someone along the lines of ...those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither
    As to your last paragraph the first sentence my comment is can you believe that was the choice we were left with in a country of 330 million people?
    As to your closing sentence I couldn't agree more
    https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings...unty-sheriffs/

    Transcripts of Trumps round table with some sheriffs, the video is better, you can see and hear the lack of respect or ignorance of American citizens constitutional rights.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •