"Maybe we'll just confiscate them" - Page 2
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Maybe we'll just confiscate them"

All very interesting...some of which is hard toverify 'in context'!

Regardless, someone tell me who in the plethora of Democratic candidates would be better for those of us that Treasure the 2nd Amendment and the Constitution in general? You can even include Michelle Obama, as she may be a late 'dark horse' candidate, no pun intended!

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    All very interesting...some of which is hard toverify 'in context'!

Regardless, someone tell me who in the plethora of Democratic candidates would be better for those of us that Treasure the 2nd Amendment and the Constitution in general? You can even include Michelle Obama, as she may be a late 'dark horse' candidate, no pun intended!
    Don't forget The Oprah.
    Bill Maher has endorsed her!
    Stan b & Elvis

So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory, the MOMENT." ~ Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by tigerfan View Post
    With your ability to make a long winded responce the completely ignores the issues and not at all address the issue You ought to be a politician.(Again starting with a personal attack, this lead in does nothing to help me hear your point)

I find it disingenuous that You claim you can't find this quote from the president it is something he ACTUALLY said and the link I gave you gives the date time authors everything of it. if you can't find it with that then try just Googling "President Trump says let's take the guns before due process" I'm fairly certain you will get plenty of sources to choose from (You missed MY point. I didn't say that I couldn't find it. I actually said that I would need to see the ENTIRE conversation, not some quote mined by USA Today)

You also talk about bullies with power who would Trump on are constitutionally protected rights. Do you proof read before you hit "submit"?

Do you somehow feel a threat or think this Illinois STATE Senator has anywhere close to the same power as the POTUS has?????? Again, this WAS NOT a discussion about what DJT says or does.

Do you have a crystal ball or a Ouija board that allows you to know what the "true goal" is? If not then we kind of have to judge the legislation by what it actually says, wouldn't you agree. Again, you miss my point, this was NOT a discussion about PROPOSED legislation, but the actual statement of ONE liberal legislator dropping her guard for a moment and, perhaps, showing her true colors. Sorry if you can't see the importance of such statements.

Just like we have to judge Trump statement know what he actually said
    I don't like either one of them but I find Trump's statements to be much more troubling, both in light of the huge difference in the ignoring of constitutionally guaranteed due process due process rights as well as the enormous difference in their power to affect us. I also find it rather hypocritical that you're sounding the alarm as to the Illinois State Senators words but completely silent about what the POTUS said. Sooo... I can't post a link to something a STATE legislator said RECENTLY about an issue in which some of us are interested without first referencing something something equally egregious said by the president a year and a half ago? Seems like a strange requirement to me. When was that rule instated? I don't remember it being voted on.
    You claim that I didn't read your post very carefully I beg to disagree it was only 16 words that have now read it twice

Then you stated that ....."I didn't claim she said anything"
    Really? Then why is the title to your thread
    ...."Maybe we'll just confiscate them"
    in quotations and if it's not from that senator who is that quote from? I didn't "claim" she said anything. I posted a link to a video, with audio intact, where she did, IN FACT say it. Your use of the term "claim" implies that there is some reason to doubt that she did, in fact say it. There isn't.

Lashley you claim that I'm too confrontational. Again, do you proof before hitting "submit"? You're slurring your words.

Do you understand this is a political discussion forum where disagreements are the nature of the Beast? I am not sure if you are someone who has been here under another moniker for years or if you actually just joined, but I have been here for about 9yrs, I think, so I am aware that this is a forum for discussing politics. I am also aware that there are some people here who are only here to attack others, not have a civil conversation about topics of concern. Thoughtful people can disagree without stooping to personal attacks. It is possible, indeed I would say more useful, to make one's case without the level of invective I have been seeing here over the last few years. Most of the folks who can write a polite, reasoned, cogent argument have left. I don't comment that much any more as the tenor of the conversation almost always devolves into childish name calling.
    You sounded the alarm that this Illinois state senator is a great grave danger to our constitutional rights

I countered that by stating that Trump had said something quite similar, but only even more offensives to our constitutionally guaranteed rights and that that was a much greater threat than this Illinois state senators proposed legislation. Your statement was a non sequitur. My post had NOTHING to do with DJT.

I've been made
    my arguments in support of my position. Again, don't you proof read?

You on the other hand up here to have just chosen to deflect and not defend your position. I didn't take a position. I posted an article that I thought some might find interesting.

I guess when the hard facts confront you and reality strikes you in the face the options are to either accept the hard reality......... or to ignore that reality and the hard reality it says about your sacred cow DJT, and resort to deflection Again with the personal attacks. I will say this one more time: the original post had NOTHING to do with DJT. It was not a comment on what HIS position is on ANY issue. It was about what ONE DEMOCRAT politician had to say on one specific issue.
    So what do you think about Donald Trump and whether or not he is living up to his oath of office?
    Clearly you have NEVER read my previous posts about President Trump. When I voted in the primary, I didn't vote for DJT. When I voted in the last general election, I was not voting FOR our current president, I was voting AGAINST his opponent. Were there other candidates for whom I would rather have had the opportunity to vote, absolutely. Am I happy with everything or even most of what he does, no. Would I rather have him in office or Hillary? DJT on his worst day is preferable to me over HRC on her best.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Don't forget The Oprah.
    Bill Maher has endorsed her!
    Good point Sam! I would hate to see either of them 'jump in'! Regardless, I think President Trump can beat any of them based on his record on key issues...no one has accomplished so much so fast...especially when you realize that for his complete term so far he had continual resistance from Dem's and many Republicans....yet he still got a lot done! It would be an American tragedy if he does not get elected...!

Timely thread, as I am watching a 60 minute segment on the AR 15. While the reporting is pretty non emotional and factual, the responses from victims and first responders is pretty emotional. For the record I do not believe these guns should be available to the public, actually never have.
    " Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, (red) wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Mikegillam View Post
    Timely thread, as I am watching a 60 minute segment on the AR 15. While the reporting is pretty non emotional and factual, the responses from victims and first responders is pretty emotional. For the record I do not believe these guns should be available to the public, actually never have.
    I caught the last half or so, maybe a bit more, of that segment. As I believe in the insurrectionist reading of the 2nd, the various semi-autos in the .223 to .30 cal ranges seem completely appropriate for law abiding citizens to own. I don't own any, too expensive for my blood, but as long a the owners behave themselves, I see no reason for those who wish to own them to do so.

One thing about the segment that seems somewhat hyperbolic was the statement that these "mass shootings" have become so common that we all need to fear them. This, of course, is not true. We are all much more likely to die of heart disease, cancer, or a car accident than in a mass shooting. As to kids being afraid to go to school, school is still the safest place for children. The last time I looked up the stats, bathtubs and swimming pools were much more dangerous.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mikegillam View Post
    Timely thread, For the record I do not believe these guns should be available to the public, actually never have.
    You will, eventually. Roseberry creek, lake guntersville, tennessee river, you're welcome to "come hang" with me when the time comes.
    john mccallie

cornbread and ice tea 's took the place of pills and 90 proof

In the mid 70's I ran for the WA state legislature. The NRA sent a questionnaire to all candidates at the state level.
    Myself & a candidate for Gov were the only 100%'ers. At the time I was not an NRA member, I just went with my
    personal beliefs. Some so called R Conservative scored in the 30's.

In turn I was interviewed by someone from social services. You got 1 point each for answering the 20 questions, I
    scored a 34, 30 points below the most conservative R.

My views are not new but as the DSHS gal said "you have some interesting views".

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Skills can be taught. Character is either there or it's not!

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    I caught the last half or so, maybe a bit more, of that segment. As I believe in the insurrectionist reading of the 2nd, the various semi-autos in the .223 to .30 cal ranges seem completely appropriate for law abiding citizens to own. I don't own any, too expensive for my blood, but as long a the owners behave themselves, I see no reason for those who wish to own them to do so.

One thing about the segment that seems somewhat hyperbolic was the statement that these "mass shootings" have become so common that we all need to fear them. This, of course, is not true. We are all much more likely to die of heart disease, cancer, or a car accident than in a mass shooting. As to kids being afraid to go to school, school is still the safest place for children. The last time I looked up the stats, bathtubs and swimming pools were much more dangerous.

I do agree with you about the hyperbole, and most certainly, schools are the safest place for kids.
    " Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, (red) wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    You will, eventually. Roseberry creek, lake guntersville, tennessee river, you're welcome to "come hang" with me when the time comes.
    Thanks for the offer, hopefully will never have the need. Although, I hardly think any home weapons will be able to match our military..Now,maybe some Alabama duck hunting...