Hunt test rules question - Page 2
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hunt test rules question

Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You can apprentice any level at any time and they do not have to be in order. You can apprentice Master before JR or SR. Also, you can apprentice JR and SR on the same weekend (I did it last year). Additionally, the rules have been changed and you now only have to judge one time at a lower level prior to judging the next level.

Documentation please. No published notice of this has crossed my e-mail nor is it on the AKC site.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Golddogs View Post
    Documentation please. No published notice of this has crossed my e-mail nor is it on the AKC site.
    Agree source please, as last I heard you still have to do 2 judging assignments at the lower level, prior to moving up to the next. It's pretty much the reason we are seeing the same judge in the same stake each day of a test. Otherwise we'd just move them up.
    "They's Just DAWGS"; "I train dogs, Not papers"
    "Hunting is a skill to be learned; early or late it still needs to be learned"

GMHR HRCH Lakota MH (Upland/Duck Enthusiast)
    MHR HRCH Storm MH (Upland/ Waterfowl Enthusiast)
    HR Banshi (problem child #3) - HR Trap (male-chocolate he's "special")

That news came via MNRC update a couple of weeks ago so it will not show up on AKC site for at least 2 years if all holds true to history. Last retriever rules booklet is date 2017. I just downloaded it last week.
    John Cottenham aka jacduck in many circles before the internet

"Duck hunter's minds are like concrete. All mixed up and permanently set."

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by crackerd View Post
    Sue, I'll answer for Eric, so I can see his AKC HT rules question, and call him on a second question with regard to HT breed eligibility: Are Airedale Terriers now allowed in AKC retriever hunt tests? If so, where can documentation be found or is it too new a development to have reached the AKC rulebook?

MG
    Yes, effective 8/1/2019

https://www.airedale.org/news/aireda...ver-hunt-test/
    Kim Pfister, Rainmaker Labs
    Rainmaker's Bella Luna, MH/QAA
    Rainmaker's Southern Gamble, MH/QA2
    Port Bay's TNT Dynamite, MH/QA2
    Rainmaker's Working Class Payday, MH/QAA
    Rainmaker's Redhead, MH
    Rainmaker's Early Bird Special, MH
    Rainmaker's Pink Is The New Red, MH

MG-
    Entry Express defaults to “Airedale” when the dog breed information is not supplied.

Betty

This raises a point I've tried to bring to the attention of AKC for years.

The AKC wrote and distributed a letter to clubs stating this change. Why on earth do they not send out via email the same letter to all the judges. It would take about a day to build a MS Outlook email address file of all the judges and about 10 minutes weekly to keep it current. Then, for the expense of writing the text in both letter and email formats they could send the email version to every single judge in less than 5 seconds. Some judges don't have email but the vast majority do and getting a rules change to those that do is better than not getting the change to anyone.

This was one part of a larger idea I proposed to Bill Speck and then to the Rules Advisory Committee. The main point was that the "reports" of incidents and happenings at tests could be combined in a 1-2 page "newsletter" and that could be emailed out quarterly. Again, no cost except to write the letter summarizing the reports. Emailing it would take 5 seconds. Look at the variances in judging described on this board and think about the advantage of having all thousand or so judges read an official take by AKC on an issue that was cropping up.

One of the issues in judging tests is that there are variances across the country. By providing such emails and newsletter, the AKC would be able to work against these variances. The AKC would bring positive steps to improve and standardize judging across the country.

Typically, the ideas fell on the deaf ears . . .
    Eric

WRC HR Lennoxlove's Run with Wolves JH, WCX ("Cheyenne") ... still so fondly remembered
    HRCh Struan's Devil's in De Tails SH, WCX ("Lucy") ... as is her daughter
    SR CH Struan's Flight of Fancy JH WC ("Muse") ... gone now also
    Struan's Master of the Hunt JH, WC ("Charlie") ... also gone
    Struan's Just Plain Perfect ("Jane")
    NSDTR/CH Struan's Driving Us Crazy JH WCI ("Daisy") ... the baby in charge
    Honeyrun's Duchess of Argyll ("Socks")
    Dixie ... the "spare parts" dog

Here is the AKC link concerning Judges Eligibility

https://s3.amazonaws.com/cdn-origin-..._Critieria.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by jacduck View Post
    That news came via MNRC update a couple of weeks ago so it will not show up on AKC site for at least 2 years if all holds true to history. Last retriever rules booklet is date 2017. I just downloaded it last week.

I am our MNRC rep and have not seen any update from the MNRC. Please give a date the e-mail was sent to you, and are you sure this isn't just a recommendation being sent to the HTRC to be forwarded to the AKC ?

No one I have spoken with at performance events is aware of any change.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

As shown on my post above, it is on the AKC website. Click on the link above.