E Collar and Skunk Smell
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach

Thread: E Collar and Skunk Smell

Default E Collar and Skunk Smell

My dog was skunked last week during training. Unfortunately she swam before I could get the peroxide/baking soda/soap mixture on her so I am still battling the smell. I've bathed her twice with the concoction but the faint odor remains even when dry. I know it'll last a while after getting wet....we've been down this road before but I got her doctored up before she got wet. Does anyone have any super tips besides rinse and repeat

Another problem I have is her ecollar. It's pretty smelly. Can I dunk it in the same mixture without ruining the reciever? It's a Garmin Pro 550. Thoughts?

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

The receiver should be easy to clean replacement collars don’t cost much
    "I'm thankful someone stood up to him, even if it was a woman." Franco 10/18/19

Quote Originally Posted by weims4me View Post
    My dog was skunked last week during training. Unfortunately she swam before I could get the peroxide/baking soda/soap mixture on her so I am still battling the smell. I've bathed her twice with the concoction but the faint odor remains even when dry. I know it'll last a while after getting wet....we've been down this road before but I got her doctored up before she got wet. Does anyone have any super tips besides rinse and repeat

Another problem I have is her ecollar. It's pretty smelly. Can I dunk it in the same mixture without ruining the reciever? It's a Garmin Pro 550. Thoughts?

Thanks.
    Go to Amazon for Skunk Off. Enzyme product. Best thing I have ever used. Dogs or clothes. Constant companion in my ruckk and dog bag.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Came across this video yesterday. Very interesting, easy to carry some of it with you.
    https://youtu.be/VkK4NR-NAEY
    Nate Baxter, DVM
    Clarksville, OH

Skunk Off x2. I've had to use way too much
    I used to be M&Ks Retrievers but for some reason I could no longer post. Ya think the mods trying to tell me something?

I buried my strap collar in kitty litter for a few days and it took the odor away.
    Wayne Nutt
    Go Nutts with dog training

HRCH Patton's Parker Co. Shadow "Shadow" RIP (9/12/05-11/23/19)
    HRCH Clineline Hijacker "Jack" RIP
    HRCH Marks a Lot Midnight Hudson, SH "Hudson" RIP (5/26/01-6/18/15)
    Castile Creeks Rawhide, MH "Rowdy"