RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Dumped dog. Is this a Lab? GDG

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Dirty Doug 
#1 ·
Buddy of mine had this dog dumped in his front yard...rural area...he saw it happen....couldn’t get a plate number.

Anyway...it looks like he’s going to adopt it him. Took him to the vet, paid for vaccinations etc. Vet thinks pup is 3-4 months old.

My buddy thinks it’s a lab...I’m wondering who dumps a lab but I guess anything is possible.

Judging from these pics the best you can, do you think this is a mix or a purebred?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Unfortunately, this does happen.

8 years ago, we found a black Lab pup, about 4 months old, that had been dumped. Call animal control, put up signs, local paper ads....no response. Because of a case of parvo at the animal control facilities, I was asked if I would hold on to the pup for the time being. Took him to the vet where we learned this pup had round worms, hook worms, Lyme Disease, and was cryptorchid. The pup probably got dumped after the "owner" found out the cost of medical treatment. :( We took him to the vet and got him the needed medical attention. AND...We ended up adopting him.

I eventually had dna testing done out of curiosity. Definitely a Labrador Retriever pup! He is one of the sweetest, loving big boys!! He's definitely attached to me and I can't imagine not having him with us.

So, tell your friend to enjoy his new buddy. Good things can come out of bad actions on other's part.

As to whether the photos show a purebred or mix....can't really say.

#4 ·
Awesome story. Pics please Vicky

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.