Another Conspiracy Theory Bites The Dust - Page 6
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 90

Thread: Another Conspiracy Theory Bites The Dust

  1. #51
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    DuLarge-Dulac-Cocodrie Metroplex, La.
    Posts
    15,699

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    Mn, are you saying New York, Cincinnati and Detroit are not "crime infested places" a young idealistic politician couldn't help fix?
    According to Forbes, Detroit is 1st in crime. Cincinnati and New York didn't make the top 10. Birmingham and Atlanta were #5 and #6. Having recently spent some time in NYC, it is one of the safer cities in the USA.

    As to Trump's overtly racist comments, all of the major fact checking sites are calling BS to Trump's claims.

    His cult must love being BS all the time because they just eat it up. Evident by his feeding the beast at last night's campaign rally. No need of reality or the truth with that crowd!
    Warning; taking a shot of whiskey every time Trump lies in a speech will result in death!







  2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #52
    Senior Member swampcollielover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    3,585

    Default

    Franky,

    Can you expand on your "Forbes" article...were they talking about all violent crimes or just murders? Regardless, just because they are not highly rated in this article doesn't really mean much....we all know damn well that NYC and Cincinnati and most any of the large costal cities are high in crime! Just because you didn't get mugged, does not mean the crime is low...these comments you made simply defy all LOGIC!

    You always fall back on your so called 'fact checking' sources they all are well documented as being totally bias media hit jobs! They exist to feed people who think like you think!

    Glad you saw all the thousands of as you call them "Cult people"...just know you are looking at a small gathering of the American People who will vote President Trump back in office in 2020....we prefer to be called Deplorables....but regardless, name your poison!

  4. #53
    Senior Member swampcollielover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    3,585

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    I agree to some extent, but I also feel that the President is contributing to the poisonous atmosphere. I wish he could be a bit more...uh... diplomatic. One can learn to say "screw you" without actually saying "screw you". I have found that often, staying calm and superficially polite, discombobulates one's adversaries more than attacking them directly.
    HPL....I agree with some of what you say! But, since the majority of the media will not report anything honestly (ONLY FAKE NEWS) about what the President says or does, he has to go around them. He does this using two techniques.....1. Use Twitter and frequent Political Rally's....2. Say something that will shock people to read/ listen to his comments.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements
     

  6. #54
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pac NW
    Posts
    8,236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    According to Forbes, Detroit is 1st in crime. Cincinnati and New York didn't make the top 10. Birmingham and Atlanta were #5 and #6. Having recently spent some time in NYC, it is one of the safer cities in the USA.

    As to Trump's overtly racist comments, all of the major fact checking sites are calling BS to Trump's claims.

    His cult must love being BS all the time because they just eat it up. Evident by his feeding the beast at last night's campaign rally. No need of reality or the truth with that crowd!
    You are aware that these departments report their own stats so you get what they want you to see?

    How many other cities in the USA have you visited to make your NYC claim?
    __________________________

    Marvin S

    Everyone's friend is No One's friend

    Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

    Skills can be taught. Character is either there or it's not!

  7. #55
    Senior Member Matt McKenzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    According to Forbes, Detroit is 1st in crime. Cincinnati and New York didn't make the top 10. Birmingham and Atlanta were #5 and #6. Having recently spent some time in NYC, it is one of the safer cities in the USA.

    As to Trump's overtly racist comments, all of the major fact checking sites are calling BS to Trump's claims.

    His cult must love being BS all the time because they just eat it up. Evident by his feeding the beast at last night's campaign rally. No need of reality or the truth with that crowd!
    Please quote the "overtly racist" comments so we know which ones you are referring to.
    Thanks,
    Matt McKenzie

    "Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Henry Ford

  8. #56
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    DuLarge-Dulac-Cocodrie Metroplex, La.
    Posts
    15,699

    Default

    The Lyin' King just can't help himself.







    Trump was asked what he thought about the "send her back" chant that started at his rally, after he lied about and attacked Rep. Ilhan Omar. His response was that he didn't like the chant and that he tried to put an end to the chant by resuming his speech very quickly. That's a blatant lie. It's on video. He stood there and listened to the chant for a full 11 seconds, only resuming his speech after the chant had died out on its own.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oiJKO9vrf0
    Warning; taking a shot of whiskey every time Trump lies in a speech will result in death!







  9. #57
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    DuLarge-Dulac-Cocodrie Metroplex, La.
    Posts
    15,699

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt McKenzie View Post
    Please quote the "overtly racist" comments so we know which ones you are referring to.
    Thanks,
    :Go back to where you came from" has to be the oldest racist comment in the American lexicon. Its origins go back to the psot Civil War era and shouted at newly freed slaves. Google the phrase and you'll find dozens of times that it was used as a racial slur!

    Just more lies, the man can not help himself.

    Donald Trump twists Ilhan Omar’s comments about al-Qaida

    President Donald Trump drew wide criticism July 14 for a tweet that told " ‘progressive’ Democrat congresswomen" to "go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came."
    Some commentators said Trump’s tweet was racist. It was also based on a false premise. Three of the members of Congress he apparently targeted — Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of New York, Rashida Tlaib of Michigan, and Ayanna Pressley of Massachusetts — were born in the United States. The fourth, Rep. Ilhan Omar of Minnesota, is a naturalized citizen who came to the United States as a refugee from Somalia.
    The following day, Trump fought back against the criticism at a White House event, going on offense against the four lawmakers, especially Omar.
    "I hear the way she talks about al-Qaida," Trump said. "Al-Qaida has killed many Americans. She said you could hold your chest out. ‘When I think of America, ehh. When I think of al-Qaida, I can hold my chest out."
    Trump continued, "When I hear people speaking about how wonderful al-Qaida is, when I hear people talking about ‘some people,’ with the World Trade Center — some people? No, not some people. Much more than some people."
    The Trump re-election campaign referred PolitiFact to the following remarks Omar has made in the past. However, Trump was misportraying the substance of what she said.
    The 2013 interview
    Pro-Trump circules have given substantial attention to an interview Omar gave in October 2013 for a local PBS show, "Belahdan," which covers Middle Eastern community issues and perspectives. Fox News commentators mentioned the interview this year in February, April and July.
    On the show, Omar was asked by interviewer Ahmed Tharwat about backlash faced by Somalis following the bombing of a Kenyan shopping mall. Al-Shabab, a terrorist group with ties to al-Qaida, claimed responsibility for the bombing that left 67 people dead.
    Omar criticized Al-Shabab for terrorizing communities, but she questioned why Somalis are expected to condemn an attack that they were not a part of.
    The CAIR comments
    The other potentially relevant remarks Omar has made in the past came during a March 23, 2019, address to the Council of American-Islamic Relations of Greater Los Angeles' fourth annual Valley Banquet in Woodland Hills, Calif.
    Omar’s remarks drew criticism from some quarters that she had soft-pedaled the 9/11 attacks carried out by al-Qaida.
    At one point in her remarks, Omar said that "CAIR was founded after 9/11 because they recognized that some people did something and that all of us were starting to lose access to our civil liberties," according to the YouTube video of the event.
    She was wrong about CAIR’s founding — the group was actually established in 1994— but her critics focused on her use of the phrase "some people did something," which they suggested was a way for her to protect al-Qaida.
    Others believed Omar was using verbal shorthand and that her meaning was clear from the full speech.
    Some have been offended by Omar’s remarks in the 2013 interview and portions of her speech to CAIR. But in neither case did she enthuse about "how wonderful" the terrorist group is, or anything close.
    We rate the statement False.
    Warning; taking a shot of whiskey every time Trump lies in a speech will result in death!







  10. #58
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    DuLarge-Dulac-Cocodrie Metroplex, La.
    Posts
    15,699

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post

    Thanks Pete, I knew I could count on you. Are you storming Area 51???? They can't stop you all.
    That is the funniest thing I've read today.
    Warning; taking a shot of whiskey every time Trump lies in a speech will result in death!







  11. #59
    Senior Member roseberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Alabama
    Posts
    4,248

    Default

    OK, I'm convinced Franco. Omar Is a great American! Trump's a liar and a racist!

    But can someone help me understand why a verbal chant of send her back, send her back, send her back is covered so much more actively and characterized as a more racist act by our media than another group beating the head of an Asian, queer, journalist into a brain hemorrhage.
    john mccallie

    cornbread and ice tea 's took the place of pills and 90 proof

  12. #60
    Senior Member Matt McKenzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,305

    Default

    So according to Franco, “go back to where you came from” is “overtly racist”. He either doesn’t understand the meaning of “overtly” or the meaning of “racist”.
    Or maybe he’s a liar like his hero Donald Trump.
    Matt McKenzie

    "Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Henry Ford

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •