Introducing our new Tucker puppy!!!
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Introducing our new Tucker puppy!!!

Default Introducing our new Tucker puppy!!!

I’ve been out of the Retriever games since May 2010 and have decided to get back in and play again. After deciding that I was going to retire after a 35 yr career as a High School teacher-coach, I was back at it, looking at litters and pedigrees galore (Mostly in secret-LOL.)
    I looked at tons of litters by the few “flavor of the month” sires. My daily research started June of 2018. I was like a junkie with an addiction. I made the final decision that a new pup would be in our near future. Only issue was the fact that once my wife found out that I was serious, I (had to) promised I’d keep it to a limited max on the purchase price.

There was a litter that I just kept going back to every day. The intrigue was killing me. I really wanted one of these pups!!! The dam is QAA with three QAA littermate sisters and another that was titled AFC and scheduled to run in the ‘19 NARC. The sire of the litter is Alex Abraham’s FC/AFC-Tucker (161.5 AA pts), and Tucker is line-bred Cosmo, and having bred two successful Cosmo litters, I was in!!! It didn’t help any that a buddy of mine just ranted and raved about Tucker. Well, I contacted the breeder and my excitement was quickly thwarted. The puppy was out of my price range.

So, I moved on, and a month later decided on a nice breeding sired by FC/AFC-Trek (Cosmo son) out a nicely bred bitch. April 29, I started a text to the breeder with intent of setting up the payment and start the shipping process. While in the middle of my text, the breeder of the Tucker litter text in asking me if I would still be interested if a pup were in my price range? There was my answer...it was meant to be. Unfortunately I had the 3rd pick female and the litter ended up with only one female pup. So, back to the drawing board.
    Again, I was back to a couple of very nice litters that I had in consideration. Later that day, phone rings. The Tucker breeder offered me his only female. Still disappointed, I really wanted to pick from more than the 1 pup. One of my dear friends said that I needed to look back and evaluate this “pick” thing. He said, “looks like someone has already picked for you...it’s meant to be”

Well, I’d like to introduce our new family member Running Through The Shadows-“Stevie”.
    This pup may be the most socialized, intelligent, courageous puppy I’ve ever seen. She’s all business. Every morning she sits by the door waiting to head out to the field. Little girl is quite inspiring!!!
    FDC3FF82-C565-4153-8ADC-1EF2E2939ABD.jpg
    Last edited by David Maddox; 07-15-2019 at 01:08 PM.
    We are only as good as those that surround us.

Birthplace to:
    •'09 National Finalist FC-BAYOU TECHE TEX
    •FC-BUTCH's DREAM CODE of TCR
    •FC-DREAM DANCIN'
    Gettin' Jiggy Widdit-MH
    Dancin' Dreamer Kate-MH (dam to FC-"FINN", several QAAs, 2-MNHs)

RIP My girls Jiggy, and sweet mamas Dancy and Tip. We love and miss you all!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Just Awesome...I can't wait to hear more stories of "It was meant to be..." Enjoy your pup and enjoy the ride! She looks beautiful!!

I assume that’s Tucker and Gemma? Looks good on paper! Good luck with your pup!

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Good luck with your puppy.
    Wayne Nutt
    Go Nutts with dog training

HRCH Patton's Parker Co. Shadow "Shadow"
    HRCH Clineline Hijacker "Jack" RIP
    HRCH Marks a Lot Midnight Hudson, SH "Hudson" RIP (5/26/01-6/18/15)
    Castile Creeks Rawhide, MH "Rowdy"

Hi Stevie! Hope you take your dad for the ride of a lifetime.

Sounds like you got the pup meant for you, David. Look forward to hearing updates on how she is doing.

Many great dogs have been last pick pups... I realize 'great' is a very subjective term... but I have had a few last pics and not been disappointed with any of them.
    The way I look at it, every dog is an opportunity to be a better trainer, and every day is a new day to be a better trainer to the same dog we trained yesterday.

Thanks Tobias,
    We’re pretty excited about our new addition!!! She is very smart and focused.

Birthplace to:
    •FC-DREAM DANCIN'
    Gettin' Jiggy Widdit-MH

I’m a Tucker fan. Seen Tucker run and have seen several off springs running in Derby and qual. Good luck.
    Gentle in what you do. Firm in how you do it.

CH SILVERCREEK MURRAY SAMUEL (MURRAY) WDQ CGC MH, QAA2 2/16/00 - 12/26/12
    WESTWIND WHISPERING COVE (LARRY son of Murray) WDQ MH, QAA2 8/5/05-3/20/18
    LPK DELAWARE RIVER WHISPERING COVE, WDQ, QAA2, MH (SAVAGE SAM son of FC Chester MH)
    WESTWIND WHISPERING COVE JAY QAA, MH (Larry's son and Murray's grandson)

Huge fan of the last pup in the litter. My first retriever was just that. And he was the most amazing/stylish/talented retriever I have ever put my eyes on to this day. You wont be disappointed . After all....it was meant to be.

Congratulations on the new puppy! There's nothing like it. I got back in last year after 6 or so years out. I'm so glad I did and I bet you will be too. Good luck and hang on.
    Docheno's Recon Warrior "Gunny"
    Bad Motor Scooter SH "Scooter"

He that tooteth not his own horn...The same shall not be tooted.

There could be 5 or 6 ninjas in this room right now.

Thanks guys!!
    I’m excited about getting “back to the line”.
    From ‘92-‘10 I just found ways to train and run tests. I even turned down varsity position jobs in our football program so I could run HTs. Our video coordinator doesn’t work of Sundays, so I remained our video guy from ‘93-‘09.
    If we had a Friday or Saturday night game, I’d copy and breakdown video until 1 or 2 am or later. There were times I’d finish marking video, go home and pick up my dogs, and off to a HT site. I’d sleep in the truck when I got there. Back then most of the judges let me run in the middle or at the end of the running order.
    By the late ‘90s I had former players, that were in college, get involved and they’d pick up my dogs and take them to our training grounds. I leave practice and train till dark. The fall of ‘09 our office rules changed and all coaches checked in early on Saturday games and work on Sunday. Unfortunately, I have a brilliant bitch that is 9 years old that is a fantastic gun dog, but has never run a test.

I’M RETIRED NOW and our girl Stevie (after singer Stevie Nicks) will get all of my attention.
    Sorry for the ramble!!!
    Last edited by David Maddox; 07-15-2019 at 12:55 PM.

Birthplace to:
    •FC-DREAM DANCIN'
    Gettin' Jiggy Widdit-MH