2019 College Football (GDG.) - Page 40
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 College Football (GDG.)

Blaming others for our perceived bad breaks in life sure seems to be a problem in CFB and society these days. The refs suck, the grass/turf sucks, replay sucks, Corny Dabo sucks, yadayada…..might wanna also look for the man card you've misplaced.

Clemson could not have played worse for the opening 25 minutes....yet we clawed back to 14-16 by halftime and were leading after 35 minutes. Shame on you for not knocking out the Champ when you had him on the ropes. That is all...

We're on to LSU!
    Clemson Tigers 2018 Football National Champions

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jgsanders View Post
    Blaming others for our perceived bad breaks in life sure seems to be a problem in CFB and society these days. The refs suck, the grass/turf sucks, replay sucks, Corny Dabo sucks, yadayada…..might wanna also look for the man card you've misplaced.

Clemson could not have played worse for the opening 25 minutes....yet we clawed back to 14-16 by halftime and were leading after 35 minutes. Shame on you for not knocking out the Champ when you had him on the ropes. That is all...

We're on to LSU!

My man card is right where I left it , pal. I clearly stated in my post that we beat ourselves. The penalty definitely hurt as well as the roughing the kicker . It was a boneheaded play . To Clemson's credit they went right after Wade's replacement when he got ejected and cashed in.
    Dobbins dropping 2 td passes killed us. The kid played his heart out though.

I can tell you who didn't stop Ohio State, Brent Venables. He was out coached from the first play of the game. He ought to buy Trevor a big steak dinner for bailing his *ss out.
    Unless they really step it up on defense Joe and company are gonna filet them on the 13th.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Mc View Post
    I can tell you who didn't stop Ohio State, Brent Venables. He was out coached from the first play of the game. He ought to buy Trevor a big steak dinner for bailing his *ss out.
    Unless they really step it up on defense Joe and company are gonna filet them on the 13th.
    HUH? Your team kicked 3 FG. AND scored once in the 2nd half. How many points per game were the Buckeyes scoring up to that bowl game?

FWIW, the targeting call, regardless of player stature, was definitely the correct call. I have to agree with Dr. Ed no doubt.

I think LSU wins the next game.
    ROCK CHALK

What is Faith? It is the confident assurance that something we want is going to happen. It is the certainty that what we hope for is waiting for us, even though we cannot see it up ahead. ​HEBREWS 11:1

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Dear OSU fans and apologists,

In times like these it is important to focus on your accomplishments. Like beating Michigan. Big10 champs! Nice accomplishment there! 2020 will be awesome I'm sure!

Don't focus on the negatives, it'll just drive you crazy:

Like how a blue blood school like THE OSU has never.....ever never ever never...1 time beaten Clempson in its long and storied history. ACC Clemps? How is that possible? And you guys are always the better team too....you say??? hmmm....Sounds like Coaching!!! We sure seem to get awful lucky against you guys....
    Or, how you let a 6'6" lilly white goldilocks QB run for a 100+ yards on the ground, breakin' your secondaries ankles like he was Dabo's gift to speed burning elusive athletes everywhere.
    Or how your hate for all things Dabo….no no no....that's Coach Swinney to you....makes it even funnier!
    Or how Clempson was pre-ordering tickets and making arrangements for NO 2 weeks ago.

Dear OSU fans and apologists,

In times like these it is important to focus on your accomplishments. Like beating Michigan. Big10 champs! Nice accomplishment there! 2020 will be awesome I'm sure!

Don't focus on the negatives, it'll just drive you crazy:

Like how a blue blood school like THE OSU has never.....ever never ever never...1 time beaten Clempson in its long and storied history. ACC Clemps? How is that possible? And you guys are always the better team too....you say??? hmmm....Sounds like Coaching!!! We sure seem to get awful lucky against you guys....
    Or, how you let a 6'6" lilly white goldilocks QB run for a 100+ yards on the ground, breakin' your secondaries ankles like he was Dabo's gift to speed burning elusive athletes everywhere.
    Or how your hate for all things Dabo….no no no....that's Coach Swinney to you....makes it even funnier!
    Or how Clempson was pre-ordering tickets and making arrangements for NO 2 weeks ago.
    That post is in very poor taste. Not to disparage Clemson's team, because they are very good, but, You should really take your Orange tinted glasses off, Clemson got lucky with with that win Saturday night. And, Tell me again how many top 10 teams Clemson beat this year? See you in the Dome!
    Last edited by rboudet; 12-30-2019 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rboudet View Post
    That post is in very poor taste. Not to disparage Clemson's team, because they are very good but, You should really take your Orange tinted glasses off, Clemson got lucky with with that win Saturday night. And, Tell me again how many top 10 teams Clemson beat this year? See you in the Dome!
    C'mon, man! jg's just basking in the "nouveau-ness of bein' All-Bran With a Lake and, whaddya know, a winnin' record since the 'Bama Boys taked over the pro'grum" - starting with Charlie Pell, Danny Ford and now "Carmesí Diablo" (Crimson Dabo) of Pelham, Ala. He's also pretty hopeful that Charlie Bauman ain't crossin' paths with one Arthur Cantrelle, honorary Alabamian, before the big Jan. 13 "natty" showdown.

MG

Cracker,

What would you say if I told you Ol Clemps gave

Woody Hayes his last loss.....Urban Meyer his worst loss....and Ryan Day his first loss? Too soon?????

Brett McMurphy told me that one....

Last edited by jgsanders; 12-30-2019 at 04:34 PM.

Cracker,

Woody Hayes his last loss.....Urban Meyer his worst loss....and Ryan Day his first loss? Too soon?????
    I would say enjoy your success but it takes a hard core to dig up those stats. Life goes on as do the fortunes of college football programs, just ask Miami and Florida State fans and don’t forget Nebraska, USC, and Notre Dame.
    Last edited by EdA; 12-30-2019 at 07:46 PM.

Cracker,

Brett McMurphy told me that one....

I am probably one of the few posting here who was old enough to vote when that happened.
    Those were different times, people didn't sell themselves to the highest bidder. & sports were
    sports. They were something you did before you became useful.

I'm sure you have the history of the incident that happened at that game. I, even at that point
    in time, thought it very disrespectful on the part of the player. I'll ask you, was the player in any
    manner, disciplined for his actions?

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Skills can be taught. Character is either there or it's not!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    I am probably one of the few posting here who was old enough to vote when that happened.
    Those were different times, people didn't sell themselves to the highest bidder. & sports were
    sports. They were something you did before you became useful.

I'm sure you have the history of the incident that happened at that game. I, even at that point
    in time, thought it very disrespectful on the part of the player. I'll ask you, was the player in any
    manner, disciplined for his actions?

Whoa, whoa, whoa, Marv!
    It's true that our jg's just a young sandersnapper, but Charlie Bauman of Clemps did no wrong when The Old Three Yards & a Cloud of Duster, a/k/a Woody Hayes came off the tOSU sideline to dust him after an interception return. I recall being in the, er, familiar company of one of our former college cheerleaders when Woody threw the punch that ended his career (nothing like watching a bowl game in which you have no rooting interest in a reclining position with a suth'n belle, especially one who knows the finer points of the game), and it was like we had achieved some kind of simultaneous, er, "moment" as the glee emanated from the both of us at the sight captured on the video above and shown again and again. Clemps' coach at the time was one Charley Pell, probably the most fearsome player pound for pound Bear Bryant ever had at Alabama, a 190-pound defensive tackle so downright mean on the field that Bear banned him from 'Bama practice out of apprehension that Pell would hurt his own teammates. One mighty mean and hardnosed individual, Charley Pell - who, for our sandersnapper's edification, just happened - in his first full season as a major college head coach (if you could call Clemps "major college" back then) - to lead li'lo nouveau Clemps to that Gator Bowl game in '77 for their first postseason appearance in almost 20 years.

MG