RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

2019 College Football (GDG.)

66K views 548 replies 34 participants last post by  BonMallari 
#1 ·
Since it’s talking season now, chirp away.

#109 ·
rose, their lameness in the power rankings brings CFB retribution - both ACC network viewers will now import test patterns onto their screen when Tech (Ga. or Va.) and BC games are televised. Methinks Fuentes will be an analyst/intern next year, albeit scheduling St. Nick's barber appointments and Little Debbie deliveries instead of breaking down ACC offenses (esp. given how broken down VaTech's O has been under his stewardship...)

MG

#113 ·
Oh yeah.......nice games all day tomorrow......

And tonight......utes(with rifles;)) beat trojans.
-wolverine vs badger.....subterranean critters battle and it's won on top of the ground by wisconsin and taylor.
-gators and vols.....used to be a big one. My funny feeling is tennessee upsets. But chiggers give me a funny feeling too?
-cal and mississippi..... a fine cal d will out shark the sharks.
-huskies vs mormons......byu wins in the upset!
-ducks and cardinal.....ducks flog them.
-cowboys and horns.....this is not a truely big game, Texas wins.
-boogs vs aggies......boogs got a running back but mond will play better against this tiger d. At the end gus will find a way.......to lose!
-dawgs and fighters......it's hyped as a biggun and dawgs got a good running back too. This year's irish are, well, the irish. Dawgs win.

#114 ·
Oh yeah.......nice games all day tomorrow......

And tonight......utes(with rifles;)) beat trojans.
-wolverine vs badger.....subterranean critters battle and it's won on top of the ground by wisconsin and taylor.
-gators and vols.....used to be a big one. My funny feeling is tennessee upsets. But chiggers give me a funny feeling too?
-cal and mississippi..... a fine cal d will out shark the sharks.
-huskies vs mormons......byu wins in the upset!
-ducks and cardinal.....ducks flog them.
-cowboys and horns.....this is not a truely big game, Texas wins.
-boogs vs aggies......boogs got a running back but mond will play better against this tiger d. At the end gus will find a way.......to lose!
-dawgs and fighters......it's hyped as a biggun and dawgs got a good running back too. This year's irish are, well, the irish. Dawgs win.
rose, how'd you manage to leave this 'un off - or did you send it only by PM to Our Jacob as pregame intel?

-rosyfinchboyzllcwho and anchoreddowncommies......yaw-yaw foobaw is secretly recorded throughout the game, and his "words" set to the nashville sound of tammy wynette's "stand by your man" - enriches the rosyfinchboyz, llc when blackbird studio releases it and soars to No. 1 with a bullet. 'Who takes a bullet, or torpedo, in this one. Vandy in the upset.
MG

#115 ·
Mg, maybe Georgia is that good.....but I can't seem to get old ouij, cristobal, the tea leaves, tarot cards or chicken bones to give me the dores.

But I'll be getting a fortune cookie in an hour.....I will let you know what's crackin there?

#117 ·
Anybody going to give ND Irish credit for a tough/good loss the way every one does Georgia when they lose to Bama??? Also, great game Bucky!!! Auburn looks good, and A&M appears headed to the weedwacker bowl at 11am on the Monday after the Army Navy game for their $75MM investment.

#118 ·
A&M appears headed to the weedwacker bowl at 11am on the Monday after the Army Navy game for their $75MM investment.
Thanks for reminding me! My association with the university began in 1966, the recurring theme has forever been “wait until next year”. With each coaching change from Folburg to Fisher I have had to conclude that the Aggies will never be a National power. I can hardly wait to play LSU 🙈. The only good news for me, due to my wife and stepsons affiliations I have Auburn to root for, Gus and all.

#119 ·
Doc, jg comes in with a dig almost as mean as Coach Sumlin's tweet.;) Hey, at least Jimbo, no matter what he does in the future, is gonna be better than Coach Harbaugh!

You and Wayne should also have some optimism for the quarterback. My alter ego has had a "funny feeling" about some really good play from him two times already this season and Swami now thinks he's saving it all up for future opponent that can't pressure and is down to walk on linebackers.(not chiggers like it was when he picked the vols)

#120 ·
Doc, jg comes in with a dig almost as mean as Coach Sumlin's tweet.;) Hey, at least Jimbo, no matter what he does in the future, is gonna be better than Coach Harbaugh! ...
So it's on me to channel 'Cutty for Dr. A and aTm Wayne? OK, then, on to Jimbo - his buyout is probably only $56M, which could be pretty sound spending if you compare it to the $68.5M or so still coming to him. Fraudchione would almost certainly come back as caretaker coach probably on his own dime (earned from the dime-novel "inside" intel he used to collaborate on weekly with - remember him, rose? - Magic Mike McKenzie.

Yeah, ol' Dennis (77-0 Boomer Sooner!) Fraudchione would almost certainly stay on an open-ended non-contract until Sherman the Accountant had finished warming up his right-brain cells, both of 'em, so he could calculate how 4th-and-26 vs. the Eagles got him fired in Green Bay, but with a real soft-tissue landing at aTm, where he proceeded to lose by humiliation after humiliation before giving way to Sumlin for at least a lee'lo bit of respectability at College Station.

Said the other day - speaking for myself, not channeling 'Cutty - that the (Paper B)Ags and tea sippers (ut) ought to start a two-team conference, and play each other 12 times a year for determining once and for all who is the most underachieving school, ROI-wise, in college football.

MG

#121 ·
Does everyone here know the story behind the A&M/Sumlin Coaching hire at the end of 2011? A&M's AD at the time, Bill Byrne, wanted to hire someone he regarded as an up and coming "Bear Bryant" to be the Aggies next coach. One William Christopher Swinney was coming off his first Conference championship game and win at the time. A phone conversation was had between the 2 parties and Byrne promised to follow up with William. Clemson's AD and the man who initially believed in and hired William was about to retire....but A&M Top Boosters including Monty Davis wanted to go with another up and comer from Alabama with Texas recruiting roots. A&M hired Kevin Sumlin from Houston, and William "Dabo" Swinney stayed at Clempson. Byrne would retire as AD the next year, as would Terry Don Phillips, Clempson's AD. Seems all has worked out for everyone.

#122 ·
Does everyone here know the story behind the A&M/Sumlin Coaching hire at the end of 2011? A&M's AD at the time, Bill Byrne, wanted to hire someone he regarded as an up and coming "Bear Bryant" to be the Aggies next coach. One William Christopher Swinney was coming off his first Conference championship game and win at the time. A phone conversation was had between the 2 parties and Byrne promised to follow up with William. Clemson's AD and the man who initially believed in and hired William was about to retire....but A&M Top Boosters including Monty Davis wanted to go with another up and comer from Alabama with Texas recruiting roots. A&M hired Kevin Sumlin from Houston, and William "Dabo" Swinney stayed at Clempson. Byrne would retire as AD the next year, as would Terry Don Phillips, Clempson's AD. Seems all has worked out for everyone.
I'll say it has, jg! - especially with Tater Tot B., analyst-intern/Masters candidate in Athletic Leadership at age 63, set to become y'all's new AD and finish his brother Tommy's outstanding life work at Clemps! In fact, I heard y'all are about to rename IPTAY, the school's notable grub and graft machine after him (IPTATER) before he even finishes his degree!

MG

#123 ·
Glad Sumlin’s gone and giving Coach Fisher a couple of classes. Insiders have shared that the discipline factor has greatly improved since Coach Fisher has shown up.

#124 ·
Guys, I don't want to make too much outta the A&M deal. I just think it's healthy to look in the mirror sometimes and reflect on what you see. Especially if the mirror says 7-5 at best for $75MM. I think it's ok to wonder what would A&M look like right now had Dabo been hired to start the 2012 season down, no no....excuse me....OVER....not Down....there in Texas. That's the same year they started the SEC I believe. What would the A&M culture look like today? LSU has been up and down as has Auburn. Dabo has done ok at Clemandson with limted resources in a dirt crossroads part of SC. I think his vision would have sold and done great with all those resources over there in Aggie Land. You never know, just food for thought.

#125 ·
Guys, I don't want to make too much outta the A&M deal. I just think it's healthy to look in the mirror sometimes and reflect on what you see.
My mirror is getting dingy, the images are blurred, and my eyesight is failing but what I see is another 7-5, 8-4, or 9-3 team that will finish third or fourth in the SEC West and play in the Planters Peanut Bowl 😳

#129 ·
They say that he is very mentally prepared every week. Ok, but He’s a little soft physically!!!

QUOTE=Jacob Hawkes;2175426]Yeah something is missing. It’s Kellen Mond MIA in big games.[/QUOTE]

#131 · (Edited)
Mond has been referred to as a film room junkie with exceptional understanding of defenses, but being smart in the video room doesn’t necessarily transfer to the field. Trust me. I learned that at some point during 35 yrs of coaching 6A high school football-LOL!!!
Smart with talent doesn’t always depict a WINNER!!!
OL needs to improve and they need to be more consistent running the ball!!!

#134 ·
“SATURDAYS IN THE SOUTH”
A must see documentary over college football in the South. Incredible!!!

#135 ·
Ohio State, LSU and Oklahoma are playing LIGHTS OUT FOOTBALL.

Clemson has had its annual "close one" and will peak in early January, by design. Alabama can't run the ball or stop the run,.

The boogs look strong too. A great and interesting weekend.

#136 ·
Ohio State, LSU and Oklahoma are playing LIGHTS OUT FOOTBALL.

Clemson has had its annual "close one" and will peak in early January, by design. Alabama can't run the ball or stop the run,.

The boogs look strong too. A great and interesting weekend.
rose, in case Our jg is languishing in self-pity from the Chapel Hill hiccup, he should know that there's new nomenclature to augment the old term that pays tribute to his team: "A Close Case of Clempsoning" - but ol' jg also has to remember, close only counts in horseshoes, hand grenades and Hunter Renfrew's DOB from the 1940s... . And oh, yeah, Justyn Ross is as good if not better than any-passcatching-body 'Bama puts out there - rock, paper, scissors or thermonuclear pair of hands notwithstanding ... . I keep conveniently trying to forget where he hails from.

MG

#137 ·
The pac12 makes a strong leap forward in recruiting today.

Is it a case of "if you can't win, change the rules" or "even though we're a bunch of communist/anarchist/anti-capitalists, this is one area capitalism should prevail"?

IDK?

#138 ·
A subject worthy of it's own thread on Potus!

#149 ·
Florida “D’d up” yesterday!!!

#154 ·
Alabama is only an 18 point favorite this weekend.

#155 ·
That's because 'Bama brings out the best in Mond - alas the best in him only shows up once a year, vs. same.

Also, my intel is Reveille's undergoing live bite training this week with simulation of Tua's plant ankle from Corps of Cadets malcontents and slackers under covert ops orders from ex-officio 12th man General Gates. ...

MG

#157 ·
[Rick Karle: Best quote of the football weekend goes to ex-Bama star Jalen Hurts] http://va.topbuzz.com/s/SwmQQk
But rose he could've just as easily (and more definitively!) said (without spoiling your link for our confreres) "I'm sure I'll be the only OU Heisman Trophy winner ever to have played in the ..." you know "...so I'll be alright." Or "I'll be aight" throwing some shade at St. Nick.

MG

#158 ·
Watched me some Big10 football this weekend Tim. I came away thoroughly impressed. Michigan and THE OSU are 2 of the best and there is no denying it. Seriously never seen 2 more dynamic and thoroughly entertaining groups on the field than I did this weekend.....

You guys sure know how to run a marching band....

The Ohio State University Marching Band pays tribute to America's space history with halftime performance

Michigan pre game band performance was awesome too!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TVcKYpZrj0

#160 ·
I like that meme mg!

Btw, Mr. Art Clarkson passed away today. A sports giant in Birmingham, he brought the Barons back in '81. He was always "the P.T. Barnum" of minor league sports and was always able to sell me a sponsorship to the Barons, Bulls, et al, when I was in the market.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.