2019 College Football (GDG.) - Page 6
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 College Football (GDG.)

Quote Originally Posted by jgsanders View Post
    I’m trying to give FSU and our friend Cutty a pass. We used to have some UT posters here too. They both are silent these days. B
    Based on many juggernauts experience with cupcakes this last weekend bowl invitations are already being extended.
    Serious opening weekend wins are being disrespected.

But I would enter the "Transfer Portal" if I were the Volunteer's mascot. Never fear, there is someone that could turn
    that around & you folks down South should fear Mike Leach showing up in hideous Orange. Though I would miss his
    pressers up here, I would love to see him get that opportunity & the truckload of cash that goes with it.

Our USC just lost their QB for the season . I hope Kelly is given the time to turn UCLA around.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Skills can be taught. Character is either there or it's not!

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Will hurricane Do Ryan impact this weekend game Aggies vs Clemson? Clemson is pretty far inland but other factors could disturb.
    Wayne Nutt
    Go Nutts with dog training

HRCH Patton's Parker Co. Shadow "Shadow"
    HRCH Clineline Hijacker "Jack" RIP
    HRCH Marks a Lot Midnight Hudson, SH "Hudson" RIP (5/26/01-6/18/15)
    Castile Creeks Rawhide, MH "Rowdy"

2 really big OOC games this weekend.

LSU/Texas

TAMU/Clemson

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Hawkes View Post
    2 really big OOC games this weekend.

LSU/Texas

TAMU/Clemson
    And that's it? - nothing about upcoming 'Bama-Aggies, 'Bama-New Mexico State Aggies...?

Logo looks kinda like I figure our resident ore operator in his metalic heyday! Quick draw Marv - though why an Aggie needs to be a quick draw is beyond me, unless a wildcatter was gonna jump his okra and jalapeno acreage claim!

MG

Quote Originally Posted by crackerd View Post
    And that's it? - nothing about upcoming 'Bama-Aggies, 'Bama-New Mexico State Aggies...?

Logo looks kinda like I figure our resident ore operator in his metalic heyday! Quick draw Marv - though why an Aggie needs to be a quick draw is beyond me, unless a wildcatter was gonna jump his okra and jalapeno acreage claim!

MG
    The folks I knew were into Hand to Hand combat. & I've seen the results of
    which would put most guys who play legitimized sports to shame.

I had this guy working for me that was an active union guy. Good miner &
    strong as a bull. Could take a 15' 6"x9" guide for the cages that went in the
    shaft across the sheets without any help. He was an advocate for the Steel
    Workers Union to replace the Mine Mill Union. Some of the boys from the
    Mine Mill caught him playing pool in a tavern without any help & worked him
    over enough that he didn't show up for work for about 3 days. Even then he
    could barely see & he was a bruised sight in the shower after work. Guy's
    last name was Arnoldi, 5' 9", 180 lbs. He then hunted them down 1 by 1 &
    taught them a thing or two about hand to hand combat. Those kinds of fights
    are not for the squeamish to watch.

I think most of the miners in NM would be of Mexican descent & excellent miners.
    They are very good with knives.

Marvin

Marvin S

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Nutt View Post
    Will hurricane Do Ryan impact this weekend game Aggies vs Clemson? Clemson is pretty far inland but other factors could disturb.
    I think we are going to be OK in terms of weather. I do agree with you in that A&M could easily pull off the upset Saturday, and here's why. The Clemson "high powered" offense needs some time to get and find its timing and rhythm, and I don't think they will be there in week 2. We do have some frisbee cathin' dawgs, but it's gonna take some time to dial that in. I also think A&M should try and run the bawl down the Tigers throats on Saturday. New front 4 at Clempson on D and I'd test that out. Pound 'em good if I'm A&M. Hope its a good 'un.
    Clemson Tigers 2018 Football National Champions

Jg those were extremely funny links to unsettled "fan talk"! Or they were until they caused me a "flashback" to....perkins.....curry.....franchione......shula. ....and everyone here's favorite, dubose.(then, to be thankfully, turned down by rodriguez and nekkid bar'ed by price). These things are psychologically blocked, only to be brought to the surface by certain occasional "triggers"! Ouch, it got me!

As to Jacob's 2 highlights:

Will Joe "Burro" be the pack mule that brings a load of "Herman shoulda chose us" revenge into Austin? The zero and one Swami says.......YEP.

Clemson's dfront will be ok jg. No int's for the young Samson type qb this week(though we all know them little delilahs in the palmetto state are trying to give him "a little trim"). Mond struggles some but makes it a fair contest. However, the Swami channeled our old friend Cutty and found out Jimbo has drank too much "Cutty" this week and will likely stupor a late decision! Zero and one Swami says.......Clemson.

I hate I'm gonna miss the Clemson/A&M game......but I got a 250 yard long "two track driveway" Saturday afternoon!
    john mccallie

cornbread and ice tea 's took the place of pills and 90 proof

Well thanks Swami, you just saved me wasting 7 hours of my life watching the Great State go 0-2 while the SEC West goes 1-1 and Dabo and his crew secure another National Championship. Maybe that castoff QB from Alabama will provide Clempson with some Sooner competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    The folks I knew were into Hand to Hand combat. & I've seen the results of which would put most guys who play legitimized sports to shame.

I had this guy working for me that was an active union guy. Good miner & strong as a bull. Could take a 15' 6"x9" guide for the cages that went in the shaft across the sheets without any help. He was an advocate for the Steel Workers Union to replace the Mine Mill Union. Some of the boys from the Mine Mill caught him playing pool in a tavern without any help & worked him over enough that he didn't show up for work for about 3 days. Even then he could barely see & he was a bruised sight in the shower after work. Guy's last name was Arnoldi, 5' 9", 180 lbs. He then hunted them down 1 by 1 & taught them a thing or two about hand to hand combat. Those kinds of fights are not for the squeamish to watch.

I think most of the miners in NM would be of Mexican descent & excellent miners.
    They are very good with knives.
    Marv, back to that ferocious Aggies' logo, of the New May-hico State Aggies - featuring, if I may put colloquial words in your mouth, Sonny and his Sixkillers (shooters). Turns out Sonny's drawn down on America's favorite legitimate sport: lawsuit filing. Yes, Area 51 recon was temporarily off-limits so I went to the legal document system for further review. The "other" Aggies lost the draw in court to the former Oklahoma A&M Aggies, a/k/a Okie Lite, a/k/a Gundy's Mullet Academy & Tonsorial Parlor - yes, the two went at each other over depiction of an ornery sorry old coach named J.B. "Ears" Whitworth - oops, sorry, an ornery dead-eyed old cuss named Pistol Pete. The url says it all, almost...: https://www.stites.com/resources/tra...call-it-a-draw
    Also gives you an idea of why the Big 12 with 10 teams is superior in many things, not least of them of course, academic focus...

MG

Quote Originally Posted by crackerd View Post
    Marv, back to that ferocious Aggies' logo, of the New May-hico State Aggies - featuring, if I may put colloquial words in your mouth, Sonny and his Sixkillers (shooters). Turns out Sonny's drawn down on America's favorite legitimate sport: lawsuit filing. Yes, Area 51 recon was temporarily off-limits so I went to the legal document system for further review. The "other" Aggies lost the draw in court to the former Oklahoma A&M Aggies, a/k/a Okie Lite, a/k/a Gundy's Mullet Academy & Tonsorial Parlor - yes, the two went at each other over depiction of an ornery sorry old coach named J.B. "Ears" Whitworth - oops, sorry, an ornery dead-eyed old cuss named Pistol Pete. The url says it all, almost...: https://www.stites.com/resources/tra...call-it-a-draw
    Also gives you an idea of why the Big 12 with 10 teams is superior in many things, not least of them of course, academic focus...

MG
    Interesting! The mascot is similar in facial features to "Grubby" the prospector image shown
    on SDSM&T hats of which I managed to secure 1 when we passed through Rapid City last year.
    Selling out @ the 3K level says a lot about their future prospects of leading a team that could
    contend in a conference of repute.

Best value in a college in that state NM School of Mines. It joins several in the western part of
    our country that bear that distinction & are mining schools. Throughout my career I have run
    into a lot of folks who graduated from schools that carried the rep of academic focus & am not
    impressed by that generalization. It's still an individual thing.

Marvin S