2019 College Football (GDG.) - Page 9
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 College Football (GDG.)

At least you didn’t go the Burreaux route. Talk about things that get overplayed.

Joe did play well. 33FB001A-A14E-4F29-A7B3-B2001B31C5D1.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    Jg, you better be careful with Marvin and his jg/Clemson friendship and admiration. I am noting a "patern of behavior".

)
    You do get SI? Article about jg's favorite team & it's coaches. My only comment on the article
    is it was not flattering in a roundabout sort of way.

I believe it to be a parental responsibility to teach their children about life & it's many potential
    pratfalls & I don't believe that can be delegated.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Skills can be taught. Character is either there or it's not!

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Hawkes View Post
    At least you didnít go the Burreaux route.
    Joe did play well. 33FB001A-A14E-4F29-A7B3-B2001B31C5D1.jpg
    Best since Rohan!
    john mccallie

cornbread and ice tea 's took the place of pills and 90 proof

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by crackerd View Post
    Now rose, Marv's just playing hard to get. He knows you're up there on Sand Mountain and he knows I'm from somewhere in the vicinity of Red Mountain, named for the rich lodes of iron ore, er, almost a Crimson Tide of iron ore,
    MG
    MG,
    As a lad, I had a corner office atop Red Mountain. You could watch the afternoon thunder storms roll in from Walker county and across Hueytown, Fairfeild, Bessemer and into downtown. Beautiful and impressive. But when my high school buds would visit all they would ever say was, "This is awesome, you're just up the hill from Sammy's and Johnny's banana cream pie!"

Now I have a project at Rainsville and go up daily. The camera does little justice, but the Columbia River and maybe the New River gorges compare to any of the hundred miles of Sand Mountain and the Tennessee. The only problem with the Columbia and New is when I look down at them in any spot, I can't see the places I've shot 2,000 ducks like I can from any bluff on Ol' Sandy.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    john mccallie

cornbread and ice tea 's took the place of pills and 90 proof

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Hawkes View Post
    At least you didnít go the Burreaux route. Talk about things that get overplayed.
    Good job keeping things understated, Jacob. Who knows but a month from now, Burreaux might be Gateaux bait. Wait a minute, gateaux are a rich dessert - maybe the 'Who D will do the sweet tooth feasting!

MG

Doggone it, rose - what beautiful imagery, Sammy's (owner-tested merchandise - nah!) and Johnny Ray's (even though Old Plantation and Demetri's BBQ man here), and speaking of Demetri's, sorry you couldn't see down below in the other direction Nautilus Gym on "the angry curve" in Homewood where Ahhhnold and Norma Rae first made their cinematic magic in "Stay Hungry" (and reportedly at a number of No-Tell motels in the area, but I didn't hear that as gospel though an old GF played Sally's double in a waterskiing scene shot on Logan Martin).

And to your list of the booming or thunder-boomer metropolii on the Bham outskirts - wish only that you had cited the coal & pig iron (Marv will like that reference) nexus of Wylam to make my nostalgia complete. You watched the storms blow through from Red Mountain, we used to sit on the next-door neighbor's front porch, highest point in Jefferson County, to watch the July 4 fireworks set off atop Red Mountain (always hoping they would fell a TV tower or two as they detonated for real fireworks). But the only gorge or facsimile of same we had was Jones Valley, Dieter Brock (QB not AFC-FC) territory. You may recall Deet as Pat Sullivan's backup at All Bran before he hied off to Calhoun County and Cocky Lite (Jax State), then to Winnipeg and eventually back Stateside where he was the NFL's first $2M man with the LA Rams.

MG,
    As a lad, I had a corner office atop Red Mountain. You could watch the afternoon thunder storms roll in from Walker county and across Hueytown, Fairfield, Bessemer and into downtown. Beautiful and impressive. But when my high school buds would visit all they would ever say was, "This is awesome, you're just up the hill from Sammy's and Johnny's banana cream pie!"

Now I have a project at Rainsville and go up daily. The camera does little justice, but the Columbia River and maybe the New River gorges compare to any of the hundred miles of Sand Mountain and the Tennessee. The only problem with the Columbia and New is when I look down at them in any spot, I can't see the places I've shot 2,000 ducks like I can from any bluff on Ol' Sandy.
    MG

Best since Rohan!
    Since Mett, sure. This system is really nice to run with the freak shows @ LSU.

Quote Originally Posted by crackerd View Post
    Good job keeping things understated, Jacob. Who knows but a month from now, Burreaux might be Gateaux bait. Wait a minute, gateaux are a rich dessert - maybe the 'Who D will do the sweet tooth feasting!

MG
    LOL. Had to be that guy didn’t ya??

Iíve got nothing except UT ainít baaack as their QB announced in January and I have never seen such an immense display of blonde hair and accessories. My 20 year old self would have seen little of that game.

Quote Originally Posted by EdA View Post
    I’ve got nothing except UT ain’t baaack as their QB announced in January and I have never seen such an immense display of blonde hair and accessories. My 20 year old self would have seen little of that game.
    My fast-approaching septuagenarian self would have seen little of that game due to the "immensities" cited.

As for the UT ain't baaack bidness, that lament also applies to UcheaT ("Twelvesee" as rose and I call the SEC sub-mediocrity football member based in Knoxville for the number of consecutive losses to St. Nick Saban and the Crimson Tide). Not only is UcheaT sitting at a pathetic 0-2 after two ignominious losses to open the season, they also are carrying the banner against getting bullied off the field as well. Had a hard time keeping a half-baked somber face as I read the Fake News Central (NY Times) report on Twelvesee to the humanitarian ramparts!

MG

PS rose and fellow rtf member BamaJeff have confirmed that Ol' Smokey, the UcheaT mascot depicted atop the article, has entered the transfer portal - and may be headed to nearby DIII institution Maryville College, where peer pressure and ethnic nickname cleansing could soon eliminate the school's current handle "The Fighting Scots."