RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

2019 College Football (GDG.)

66K views 548 replies 34 participants last post by  BonMallari 
#1 ·
Since it’s talking season now, chirp away.

#2 ·
...chirp away.
"Chirp away" as in Rosy Finch Boyz, LLC chirping?

O's kicks yesterday @SEC (Saban) Media Days were the chirp of the town according to the World Leader. And they weren't even "fabricated" by y'all's Swamp People, Jacob, but white patent leather. Of course the head Rosy Finch Boyz deflected sartorial comment and emoted (em"O"ted) on "Yaw-yaw-yaw-foobaw-lot-of-points-yaw-yaw-yaw-foobaw this yee-ah."

MG

#5 ·
I think the Aggies schedule is the toughest.

#6 ·
I think jg only called for the Jacobin launch of the 2019 CFB thread so he could weigh in on Clemps' newest GA (grad analyst), Tater Tot Bowden, who arrives at "All Bran with a Lake" to pursue a Master's Degree in Athletic Leadership at 63 years old by giving noogies every day to Howard's Rock while pretending to scob Coach Howard's kno-, er, his legendary bald head. You can't make this stuff up, only part of it.

MG

#12 · (Edited)
Could we just all agree every team in the SEC has the most brutal schedule on earth? Haha!

And Clempson has the weakest! Haha!

What happened to iron sharpens iron?

Tim, watch out for Northwestern this year in the Big 10, that QB has some moxy. No idea about his surrounding cast though.

#19 ·
No, jg, that's Judge H.F. Munster in the guise of distinguished jurist Fred Gwynne (Harvard '51, Hasty Pudding cum laude) hearing an amicus brief submitted by the Vatican that Notre Dame should either be allowed to continue cherry-picking ACC opponents in football, or play somebody their own size by joining the Ivies.

MG

#20 ·
Week 1 slate of games...looking ahead....these could be interesting... Miami vs Florida in Orlando New Coach Diaz has that Miami swag thing...do you beleive in Felipe Franks? Miami have the talent of UF? I'm gonna be watching it. UCLA at Cincinnati Better win Chip K! Northwestern at Stanford Brainiac game of the week...picking Northwestern Boise St at FSU Good lawd don't let Willie T mess this 1 up.......Statue of Liberty in 4th quarter? Oregon vs Auburn 3 Pac 12 teams playing in big games week 1....let's see how they do....

#24 ·
Well as a person in the know, please tell me how you think Les will do with my Jayhawks in his first season?

ROCK CHALK!!!

#29 ·
I think he will be fine. A bowl game of any sort would be a great job. I think he can get them there. He’s as good an OL teacher as there is. I think his ability to relate to the college kids is remarkable.

There is A LOT of intrigue from The BR & surrounding areas as far as KU’s season is concerned. He is still an overwhelming favorite down here. He’s a likable guy. It was past time for him to go, but people genuinely think the world of Les. If his offense comes out slinging it around the yard, my beloved BR might go up in flames. :lol: :lol:

#26 · (Edited)
Reg, the future is brighter
KU is a basketball school. KU football has been pretty mediocre for 50 years except for Gale Sayers, John Hadl, John Riggins, Nolan Cromwell, and Bobby Douglas. A couple of above .500 seasons would make things brighter.

#27 ·
I’m incredibly intrigued with Nebraska and Kansas. The rest is what it is. The big conferences will be tough with potential “over achievers”.
I can’t wait to see what Frost’s 2nd year produces (his OL Coach Greg Austin is one of my former players-BFND). Les will bring much needed attention to Kansas.

I CAN’T WAIT for Saturday Football!!!

#32 ·
I’m incredibly intrigued with Nebraska and Kansas. The rest is what it is. The big conferences will be tough with potential “over achievers”. I can’t wait to see what Frost’s 2nd year produces (his OL Coach Greg Austin is one of my former players-BFND). Les will bring much needed attention to Kansas.
Ditto for me on Frosty and Le SMiles, but in the far-ranging CFB interest of our rtf colleague Marv and his Confucian engineering wisdom that "good ore makes good operators," I'm inclined to point out the recent death of one of the widest ranging operatives of all college football institutions playing the sport today, one Li Dunbai, a/k/a Sidney Rittenberg, ex- of Charleston, S.C. (but not The Citadel or Clemps, or Cocky either) by way of UNC Chapel Hill (after shunning Princeton) and The Farm (Stanford), and late of the "It's all about the money" school of capitalism after he was given a two-headed coin toss into the clink by Chairman Mao.

So it is that Our Marv will ineluctably figure out which of these CFB organizations will wear a black armband (or snakehead insignia) in memory of "Both-Ways Capitalism and Communism" Coach Rittenberg/Li Dunbai - my money is on Phil Knight and the Zer-0-gon Ducks as the best fortune cookie opened for business, but I also hold out hope that YBB Glenda Brown, our other esteemed rtf CFB muse (and doyenne!) might weigh in for the UC-Davis Anteaters...

MG

#35 ·
Great day in South Kakalaki Gents! Football is upon us. Local schools are dismissing the kids at Noon today and the adults are playin hooky too. Tailgate plans and spreads have been prepared, coolers packed, and nerf footballs for the parking lot pregame festivities loaded up. Ramblin Wreck payin a visit to the Valley tonight. Temps in the 60s. Kicking off a great weekend of college football, and then rolling into an opening day (Labor Day) dove shoot with a large pre shoot BBQ meal with all the fixins and my best gal to retrieve any birds I might get lucky and knock down.

#36 ·
And on top of all that, jg, the anticipation ramps up/soars/"stratosphericizes" for the launch tonite of the World Leader's new ACC Network with its guaranteed 3M viewers (the "M" after the "3" standing for "Male" not "Million," sorry to say).

Nah, Clemps will get it lots of traffic - plus I'm pretty impressed with what the conference is doing internally to make the ACC net go over - friend of mine was "intrinsically" involved in this article that provides the details (and no, I ain't talkin' about Chuckie Amato at NC State).

I just hate it that Clemps is taking the wraps off as defending NC without your fellow alum Don Driggers still on this earth to appreciate it - and from my camaraderie with him to appreciate the magical NYY season as has unfolded so far in the Bronx ...

MG

#37 ·
Clemson and A&M set themselves up for a nicely hyped week 2 matchup!

Chip Kelly had chances, still needing a better qb.

Utes looked nice until sand man came by in 3rd.

Wisconsin game is tops today.

Boogs and Ducks tomorrow may be worth watching.......The Swami's "Crystobol" says Ducks have great qb(remember how much I loved him in the past) and recruits, but boogs have dline and freshman mr. football. Swami goes with "Crystobol".......

If anyone knows how to beat down a bama team(besides Coach Swinney) it is David Cutcliffe, he may attack "NOLBU" tomorrow.

JG, the dove hunting has been awesome during this cool snap the last couple of days, it'll be hot for your dog labor day. I suggest shooting today and just relax and bbq monday unlesd you got another driveway!

#39 ·
My stepson, who I consider my own, was in town to visit Auburn buddies and attend the game. We had lunch yesterday at a popular restaurant that is within a few blocks of the Game Day site. I was amazed at the number of people 40 and older who were in DFW for the game in approximately equal numbers Oregon/Auburn based on apparel. College football fans do not seem to mind spending money, the DFW economy appreciates that.

War Eagle (it looked bleak in the first half).

#41 ·
I thought my Longhorns looked ok, not a number 10 team, but looked decent on offense. Defense did not tackle well, but I didn't realize how many young guys they are playing. I don't think they are ready for LSU.

#42 · (Edited)
I think next Saturday when the Aggies visit Clemson is going to be a real battle royal. I predict the Aggies pull an upset.

#46 ·
When you’ve seen things go this far south, you have to move on.

View attachment 79346
Phat Phil say, "git my lantern, git my gun, smokey have Jer treed for the mornin come!"

"Boy I laughed when they turn't smoke out.
Jer was done north of johnsonville and ol' smokey was headed south."

Whoa down jg, I judged the east's performance to be at least.......coastal.;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.