The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 37 of 55 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 College Football (GDG.)

Quote Originally Posted by jgsanders View Post
    I would hit the like button if there was one.....funny funny

but, you guys aren’t even gettin Dabo’s true/local poor mouthin’. Dabo “heck I don’t even know if we can compete with these large state sponsored schools. We’d be lucky just to scrape together the daggum gas money just to get out there. Them other 3 QBs are too good.... I mean just look at the stats....staggering what these other 3 schools are doin. We justta happy to be invited. If we’s a do a real good hat passin’ we might get the Band out there too. Fingers crossed fellas.”

A fine southern poor mouthin ...
    The awe shucks routine is kinda OK in the early days but he has had a top 10 program for almost a decade and a top 5 program for 4-5 years with two National Championships so the awe shucks routine gets pretty tiresome. No need to be a jerk like Saban but just be confident and humble. Disingenuous poor mouth is neither warranted nor dignified. It should be a fun playoff with 3 terrific teams and the poor old Sooners.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by EdA View Post
    The awe shucks routine is kinda OK in the early days but he has had a top 10 program for almost a decade and a top 5 program for 4-5 years with two National Championships so the awe shucks routine gets pretty tiresome. No need to be a jerk like Saban but just be confident and humble. Disingenuous poor mouth is neither warranted nor dignified. It should be a fun playoff with 3 terrific teams and the poor old Sooners.
    Now Doc, let's be fair...TX wouldn't dare be called Southern' now.....what is it.....Western, SWestern, MidWestern....nonethelesss.......the cooper tire bowl is a fine accomplishment for a 7-5 team that pays $7.5M/year for its head coach each year. That's an expensive per win stat if you think about it....ROI.....
    Last edited by jgsanders; 12-16-2019 at 09:49 PM.
    Clemson Tigers 2018 Football National Champions

Let's just say "Alabama" has won 2 of the last 3 Natty's, and the most recent 1 by 4 scores in a blow out vs that same competitor that was billed as the greatest team maybe ever. Let's just say that same full offense and coaching staff comes back, remember the name on the shirt is Bama. They are 8-0 the next season (like 23-0 total overall) and the CFB committee has you as a 5th seed thru October????? I would get it if we lost our coach, QB, RB, OL, WRs, but all those dudes are back guys. All of 'em.

Now change the name to Clempson from Bama and you might or might not understand the ESPN and media bias, along with Clemps chip on the shoulder.

In the end, we are hoping to play the best teams no matter when or where. Merry Christmas to all!! Enjoy the bowls as CFB will be over before we know it!

ImgflipImgflip

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Now change the name to Clempson from Bama and you might or might not understand the ESPN and media bias, along with Clemps chip on the shoulder. p
    Disrespect is a great motivator & I'm sure you know that. TBS,
    You should also admit that Clempson had the easiest road to
    being Undefeated.

All that you need to do is win out to show them the folly of their ways!

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

The world is a dangerous place to live. Not because of those who are evil, but because of those who
    choose to do nothing about that! Einstein

[QUOTE=jgsanders;2187820]Let's just say "Alabama" has won 2 of the last 3 Natty's, and the most recent 1 by 4 scores in a blow out vs that same competitor that was billed as the greatest team maybe ever. Let's just say that same full offense and coaching staff comes back, remember the name on the shirt is Bama. They are 8-0 the next season (like 23-0 total overall) and the CFB committee has you as a 5th seed thru October????? I would get it if we lost our coach, QB, RB, OL, WRs, but all those dudes are back guys. All of 'em.

Now change the name to Clempson from Bama and you might or might not understand the ESPN and media bias, along with Clemps chip on the shoulder.

In the end, we are hoping to play the best teams no matter when or where. Merry Christmas to all!! Enjoy the bowls as CFB will be over before we know it!

I get what you're saying about the rankings, same thing happened to Ohio State in 2015 and they had all their guys back also. That team did under achieve though and did deserve their rankings. I just don't think any real college football analyst or hardcore fan doesn't believe Clemson is the team to beat. It just makes for some clickbait in a long season.
    If it makes you feel better, JG , I would be satisfied beating Clemson and losing the championship game. Well maybe not satisfied but you know what I mean. Beating Alabama in 2014 was the ultimate , Oregon was just icing on the cake. Beating Clemson this year would feel the same if that makes sense.
    Tim

No chatter about the playoff, what’s up with that? Make your picks. I didn’t think Oklahoma had much of a chance and now they are minus 3 or 4 starters. LSU in an easy win. OSU and Clemson a tossup, give me LSU vs OSU in the Natl Championship game and LSU to win it all.
    I ain’t no Swami!
    Last edited by EdA; 12-24-2019 at 09:15 PM.

[QUOTE=Tim Mc;2187930]
    Let's just say "Alabama" has won 2 of the last 3 Natty's, and the most recent 1 by 4 scores in a blow out vs that same competitor that was billed as the greatest team maybe ever. Let's just say that same full offense and coaching staff comes back, remember the name on the shirt is Bama. They are 8-0 the next season (like 23-0 total overall) and the CFB committee has you as a 5th seed thru October????? I would get it if we lost our coach, QB, RB, OL, WRs, but all those dudes are back guys. All of 'em.

I get what you're saying about the rankings, same thing happened to Ohio State in 2015 and they had all their guys back also. That team did under achieve though and did deserve their rankings. I just don't think any real college football analyst or hardcore fan doesn't believe Clemson is the team to beat. It just makes for some clickbait in a long season.
    If it makes you feel better, JG , I would be satisfied beating Clemson and losing the championship game. Well maybe not satisfied but you know what I mean. Beating Alabama in 2014 was the ultimate , Oregon was just icing on the cake. Beating Clemson this year would feel the same if that makes sense.
    Tim, you're tooo daggum kind/sneaky. I think you and OSU are setting us up here???
    I've mentioned before but my Father in -law is from OH and a huge Buckeye. He was here over the holidays. Got a 2 huge cigars from him for Christmas with the following note...."got the widest hand rolled ones I could find in my travels...Smoke em' if you beat us and win the Natty....and you get the idea if you don't....hahaha!

Remember...2020 is a new year and all dreams are possible...."unless you're the Pac-12 and dreaming about being competitive in the playoffs".....In that case you need to consider plan D and beyond...

Quote Originally Posted by EdA View Post
    No chatter about the playoff, what’s up with that? Make your picks. I didn’t think Oklahoma had much of a chance and now they are minus 3 or 4 starters. LSU in an easy win. OSU and Clemson a tossup, give me LSU vs OSU in the Natl Championship game and LSU to win it all.
    I ain’t no Swami!
    I honestly have no clue what to think about The Fiesta Bowl. I believe LSU is a huge favorite in The Peach Bowl for good reason, but that’s why they play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Hawkes View Post
    I honestly have no clue what to think about The Fiesta Bowl. I believe LSU is a huge favorite in The Peach Bowl for good reason, but that’s why they play the game.
    Hate to post and run, like, to, you know, actual retriever training (what's that?), but just refreshing your memory from days of yore, Jacob, like last July:

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Hawkes View Post
    Since it’s talking season now, chirp away.
    Quote Originally Posted by crackerd View Post
    "Chirp away" as in Rosy Finch Boyz, LLC chirping?

O's kicks yesterday @SEC (Saban) Media Days were the chirp of the town according to the World Leader. And they weren't even "fabricated" by y'all's Swamp People, Jacob, but white patent leather. Of course the head Rosy Finch Boyz deflected sartorial comment and emoted (em"O"ted) on "Yaw-yaw-yaw-foobaw-lot-of-points-yaw-yaw-yaw-foobaw this yee-ah."
    To which I would add at present, the head Rosy Finch Boyz was a pretty prophetic songbird with his chirping. But were I extrapolating from this lovely graphic, it would appear that O You Rosy Finch Boyz is in line for the silver medal instead of the BCS crystal football. That's not my prediction, I figure the Who wins it all, just trying to be fair with your post above in "not having a clue about what to think in the Fiesta Bowl."

MG

[QUOTE=jgsanders;2188410]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Mc View Post

Tim, you're tooo daggum kind/sneaky. I think you and OSU are setting us up here???
    I've mentioned before but my Father in -law is from OH and a huge Buckeye. He was here over the holidays. Got a 2 huge cigars from him for Christmas with the following note...."got the widest hand rolled ones I could find in my travels...Smoke em' if you beat us and win the Natty....and you get the idea if you don't....hahaha!

Remember...2020 is a new year and all dreams are possible...."unless you're the Pac-12 and dreaming about being competitive in the playoffs".....In that case you need to consider plan D and beyond...
    So posts the guy whose team has a schedule that is weaker than the Mountain West!

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

The world is a dangerous place to live. Not because of those who are evil, but because of those who
    choose to do nothing about that! Einstein