2019 College Football (GDG.) - Page 39
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 39 of 51 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 College Football (GDG.)

What an interesting game with multiple momentum swings, either team had an opportunity to win until time expired. I am no rules expert but upon reading the NCAA version of targeting it seems clear to me that the call was correct (helmet to helmet contact to a player otherwise engaged or attempting to pass). While one could dispute the existence of the rule the implementation in this case seems clear to me. Gutty performances on the big stage by many but particularly Dobbins and Lawrence. I hope the Championship game is as entertaining as this one was.

https://www.si.com/college/2018/08/21/college-football-helmet-targeting-rule-explained

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Tim, you’re a class act!

cracker, Enjoy the camping world bowl for me while reminiscing about Bama’s glory days before we took your lunch money and asked you how you liked it,,,, thanks
    Clemson Tigers 2018 Football National Champions

Jobbed, plain and simple. jg's girlfriend Goldilocks is a helluva player and leader, but he's also 6-6. How does a safety coming on a blitz lower his helmet to target a QB a head taller? The running QB went into a crouch and turned into the blitzer, that's how. A crock of shite call by shite SEC officials working the game, plain and simple. No targeting intent, no launching, no leading with the crown of the helmet, just another horrendous call by shite SEC officials costing tOSU a chance at another NC.

And don't get me started on (Choke)(Joke)lahoma's playoff unworthiness - Big 12 with 10 high school offenses and middle school defenses ought to face off against the DIII All-Stars for a game more representative of how "formidable" they really are. Although it is looking more and more like their signature "win" this year was the tea sippers losing only by a handful in the opener vs. Jacob's Wonderboys from Baton Rouge.

MG

Quote Originally Posted by EdA View Post
    What an interesting game with multiple momentum swings, either team had an opportunity to win until time expired. I am no rules expert but upon reading the NCAA version of targeting it seems clear to me that the call was correct (helmet to helmet contact to a player otherwise engaged or attempting to pass). While one could dispute the existence of the rule the implementation in this case seems clear to me. Gutty performances on the big stage by many but particularly Dobbins and Lawrence. I hope the Championship game is as entertaining as this one was.

https://www.si.com/college/2018/08/21/college-football-helmet-targeting-rule-explained

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Live look at Clempson...got a few bandages, bumps, and bruises....but we still dancin'

Clemson Tigers 2018 Football National Champions

Quote Originally Posted by crackerd View Post
    jg's girlfriend Goldilocks

Quote Originally Posted by MG
    (Choke)(Joke)lahoma's playoff unworthiness - MG
    Question - Who was more worthy?

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Skills can be taught. Character is either there or it's not!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Question - Who was more worthy?
    Dolphins, certainly, based on the Fitzmagic I just saw in Foxboro.

Nah, this is where ordinarily I would make a feeble argument for expanding the CFB playoff to eight teams. But this year, you're right, Marv - nobody worthier for that four-seed than the Chokies. But conversely, you've strengthened my argument for eight teams. Still wouldn't have got anybody I care about into the field, but with eight all Power champions get an automatic berth with three at-large berths. Utah and Wusskies still on outside looking in this year at least, 2-3 good SEC teams, too, but at least they had played to a level at some point in the regular season that Chokies never achieved except against the Baylor Burst Bubble Bears.

MG

Jobbed, plain and simple. jg's girlfriend Goldilocks is a helluva player and leader, but he's also 6-6. How does a safety coming on a blitz lower his helmet to target a QB a head taller? The running QB went into a crouch and turned into the blitzer, that's how. A crock of shite call by shite SEC officials working the game, plain and simple. No targeting intent, no launching, no leading with the crown of the helmet, just another horrendous call by shite SEC
    MG
    When the 6’6” guy is going down in the grasp of another player. The rule sites helmet to helmet contact initiated by the defensive player. Intent is never mentioned and how could an official rule on that? If intent was being called tOSU defensive players trying to separate Lawrence from his spine would have been flagged.

Quote Originally Posted by jgsanders View Post
    Tim, you’re a class act!

cracker, Enjoy the camping world bowl for me while reminiscing about Bama’s glory days before we took your lunch money and asked you how you liked it,,,, thanks

You wouldn't say I was so classy if you'd have been standing in my living room last night!!
    The expletives were flowing like a raging river.

That targeting call did change the momentum, MG , but 3 field goals in the first half of which 2 should definitely have been TDs killed us.

It's hard to be impartial when watching your team play, especially in a big game but I really do think Ohio State is a better team than Clemson. That is what makes the loss sting even more.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by EdA View Post
    Jobbed, plain and simple. jg's girlfriend Goldilocks is a helluva player and leader, but he's also 6-6. How does a safety coming on a blitz lower his helmet to target a QB a head taller? The running QB went into a crouch and turned into the blitzer, that's how. A crock of shite call by shite SEC officials working the game, plain and simple. No targeting intent, no launching, no leading with the crown of the helmet, just another horrendous call by shite SEC
    MG
    When the 6’6” guy is going down in the grasp of another player. The rule sites helmet to helmet contact initiated by the defensive player. Intent is never mentioned and how could an official rule on that? If intent was being called tOSU defensive players trying to separate Lawrence from his spine would have been flagged.
    Lawrence was not in the grasp of another player and he did duck his head in anticipation of the hit. The penalty is one thing but losing the best slot corner in the country because of it really hurts. Tough call and Clemson to their credit capitalized on it.
    Tim

Tim, CFB officiating's a joke, but if there's any consolation, it's that EPL officiating has "help" at being even more of a larf going by the book (or booking). But I am with you on the game-changing loss of your top run-support and coverage corner as the decisive moment in tOSU's loss.

MG