2019 College Football (GDG.) - Page 43
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 43 of 55 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 College Football (GDG.)

Quote Originally Posted by EdA View Post
    Will his be the fashion trend in Bayou country?

https://www.westmarine.com/buy/norcross-safety-products--men-s-white-shrimp-boots--P016594731

Shrimp boats is a-comin'

Their sails are in sight
    Shrimp boats is a-comin'
    There's dancin' tonight
    Why don't 'cha hurry hurry hurry home
    Why don't 'cha hurry hurry hurry home
    Look here! The shrimp boats is a-comin'
    There's dancin' tonight
    (Shrimp boats is a-comin', there's dancin' tonight)
    Their fashion star is setting, but I still wear my Camron cowboy boots some part, if not all, of most every day. Heck of a lot cooler than anything else that's waterproof.
    If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.

(And to see just how confused I really am, join us in my online blind at: 2017-2018 Season Log

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Geaux joeaux Burreaux and the team of Coach OOOeaux!!

Clemson Tigers 2018 Football National Champions

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by crackerd View Post
    Easy now, Jacob - more thrush than chirp from Our Whippersanders, so don't let the rtf CFB thread turn into trench-mouthing from one of the two remaining partisan interests represented!

MG
    Just more than a little frustrated with the Clemson facade. Too much passive aggressiveness from the woe is me crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Hawkes View Post
    Just more than a little frustrated with the Clemson facade. Too much passive aggressiveness from the woe is me crowd.
    Jacob, don't want to chirp (or chirrup as the Brits and Rosy Finch Boyz LLC [and red-wattled lapwings*] would have it) for the record, just awaiting you 'Whos' to apply the coup de grace and full circularity for yourself in having originated the 2019 CFB thread.

MG

* As confirmed by our unabashed CFB basher, Marv, a renowned "twitcher" (British for birdwatcher, what kinds of birds not specified), though maybe Marv's twitching renown relates more to his Geiger counter and veins of good ore that make good operators (what kinds of "operators" not specified a la certain "birds")!

Quote Originally Posted by jgsanders View Post
    Sounds like one of Debo's press conferences.

Quote Originally Posted by rboudet View Post
    Sounds like one of Debo's press conferences.
    Whoa, whoa, whoa!, reboudet. Wasn't "Debo" one of those British "birds" that I tried to steer away from above, for the drama queen that she was? Now Dabo, well, there's the story of "[email protected] the Recruitin' Rooster:"

Farmer John from Auburn With A Lake was in the fertilized egg and education bidness. He had several hundred young layers (hens), called "pullets" and eight or ten roosters, whose job was to fertilize the eggs.

Farmer John (and IPTAY) kept records and any recruitin' rooster that didn't perform went into the soup pot and was replaced. That took an awful lot of his time so he bought a set of tiny bells and attached them to his roosters. Each bell had a different tone so John could tell from a distance, which rooster was performing.

Now Farmer John could sit on the porch or perch on Howard's Rock and fill out an efficiency report simply by listening to the bells, or have IPTAY take care of the details.

Farmer John's (and IPTAY's) favorite rooster was old [email protected], and a very fine specimen he was, too. But on this particular morning John noticed old [email protected]'s bell hadn't rung at all!

Farmer John (and IPTAY) went to investigate.

The other roosters were chasing pullets, bells-a-ringing. The pullets, hearing the roosters coming, would run for cover. But to Farmer John's (and IPTAY's) amazement, old [email protected] had his bell in his beak, so it couldn't ring. He'd sneak up on a pullet, do his "recruitin' job" and "walk-on" to recruitin' the next one. Farmer John (and IPTAY) was so proud of ol' [email protected], they entered him in the Pickens County Fair and cock-of-the-walk-on-and-5-star recruitin' charade, and ol' [email protected] became an overnight sensation among the judges.

The result: The judges not only awarded ol' [email protected] the No Bell Piece Prize; but they also awarded him the Pulletsurprise as well. But not the crystal football that signifies winning the FBS national championship, for LSU would go on to do a de Poulet plumé - plucked po'-beaked ol' [email protected] and his flock (and IPTAY) - in Nawlins at the 'Dome in..., what else?, Pulletsurprise II.

MG

I can't get the daggum song...."Hang on Sloopy" outta my head this week....best daggum band in the land I say!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlTKhPkZSJo

Liz Brewer though.....

Was this before your time Cracker?

Last edited by jgsanders; 01-08-2020 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Hawkes View Post
    I do like to joke around, but I respect LSU, Louisiana, and the fan base very much. My local DVM and hunting buddy is a LSU grad. His son is there now. I've posted before about my connection to the 59' sugar bowl and Clemson's leading rusher vs LSU, Rudy Hayes. Clemson is an underdog for a reason. I hope it's a good game. Story book/Disney Movie ending if you guys win...no doubt....I will be one of the first to come on here and post my congrats to LSU on Tuesday morning if things don't go the Clemps way. Enjoy and hope it's a goodun!

though maybe Marv's twitching renown relates more to his Geiger counter
    In the mid-=50's a local business guy & myself rented a scintillator & went prospecting up near Capital, MT. found some really hot stuff but unfortunately not mineable
    as it was concentrated in fossil bones. The dreams of fancy cars with big black cigars & the accompanying babes quickly disappeared.

No Bell Piece Prize MG
    That is about as funny as anything I've seen recently!

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

The world is a dangerous place to live. Not because of those who are evil, but because of those who
    choose to do nothing about that! Einstein