2019 College Football (GDG.) - Page 48
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 48 of 55 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 College Football (GDG.)

Would someone relate the story about how Barrow left Ohio St and went to LSU. This may be the greatest "The one that got away" story in history.
    Eric

WRC HR Lennoxlove's Run with Wolves JH, WCX ("Cheyenne") ... still so fondly remembered
    HRCh Struan's Devil's in De Tails SH, WCX ("Lucy") ... as is her daughter
    SR CH Struan's Flight of Fancy JH WC ("Muse") ... gone now also
    Struan's Master of the Hunt JH, WC ("Charlie") ... also gone
    Struan's Just Plain Perfect ("Jane")
    NSDTR/CH Struan's Driving Us Crazy JH WCI ("Daisy") ... the baby in charge
    Honeyrun's Duchess of Argyll ("Socks")
    Dixie ... the "spare parts" dog

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Johnson View Post
    Would someone relate the story about how Barrow left Ohio St and went to LSU. This may be the greatest "The one that got away" story in history.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...7a1_story.html

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Johnson View Post
    A case of "Urban renewal as a screwy QB guru" accounts for the-one-that-got-away story. The better (for humanity) Burrow story is "The one who never really left."

MG

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by EdA View Post
    The aforementioned duck is not prevalent in large numbers in my area, they are occasionally taken accidentally by inexperienced or trigger happy hunters. I had no idea that seemingly serious duck hunters actually hunted them intentionally
    I would have accidentally- or trigger-happy-hunter-taken can a l' blood orange on my dinner plate eight days a week.

Still trying to piece together swami's milfoil rune for discerning 'Bama next-non-Dabo (or Debo) HC. Let's see. Losing team farther south. High-flying canvasbacks...til they weren't. Resurfacing as a pricey and all but unobtainable entree. Fomerly with the Ducks family (Zer-0-gon). ...it's coming to me, I know it...tip of my tongue...alliterative reference...come on...draw it out...YES, Peter Principle Exemplar and Continuous CFB loop of resurrection. WILLIE TAGGART Saban's heir at 'Bama! Gotta be, meant to be, fated to be, can't help but be. Williie Falling Upward Taggart, to T-town in '23! You heard it here for first, from the swami's milfoil vegetarian reading!

MG

Quote Originally Posted by Lpgar View Post
    Gosh Ed. You have belittled the King of Ducks. Far more interesting than a hunt for those Greenheaded farm ducks when done in their native habitats.
    Thanks for the acknowledgement Gar, but I really didn't take doc's observations as belittling (at least not in this case)

Doc you are correct in that we hunt them primarily when we ain't got nothin' else. However your observation errs in that the hunt is very specialized in equipment, location and technique.

You are right again though about the "accidental" part.....and here is how........i like to set up crosswinded for them as they fly low, fast and usulally in a line. When they come in either left to right or right to left, it matters not, i always pull ahead of the big, lead drake in the line. Then through a lifetime of programming and muscle memory, when i feel the distance, speed and lead are correct.....i pull the trigger on the wingmaster! Because they are in a line......i usually watch the fourth one back crumple hard. That's the accidental part/function of age!
    john mccallie

cornbread and ice tea 's took the place of pills and 90 proof

Quote Originally Posted by crackerd View Post
    I would have accidentally- or trigger-happy-hunter-taken can a l' blood orange on my dinner plate eight days a week.MG
    So you’re telling me people actually eat duck and divers at that?

Quote Originally Posted by EdA View Post
    So you’re telling me people actually eat duck and divers at that?
    No sea ducks, no fish ducks, but I did have "accidental" access to a cormorant couple weeks ago for helping train my St. John's Dog pup to make her appointed retrieves. Accidental as in provided by power line "cookery."

MG

Quote Originally Posted by crackerd View Post
    No sea ducks, no fish ducks, but I did have "accidental" access to a cormorant couple weeks ago for helping train my St. John's Dog pup to make her appointed retrieves. Accidental as in provided by power line "cookery."
    Latter-day St. John's Dog pup, that is, a/k/a black dog.

MG

Congrats to the Clempson athletes. They beat Duke in a sport that the ACc is known for.
    No cupcakes in ACC Basketball . & it is more rare than winning a NC in FB.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

The world is a dangerous place to live. Not because of those who are evil, but because of those who
    choose to do nothing about that! Einstein

C'mon MG,

The losing team in '92......Miami!
    Not formerly a duckie......currently the head duck!

I hope everyone saw Mario Cristobal's exuberance after the Rose Bowl win. I enjoyed him and his attitude. If i ever saw a coach enjoy a win more i couldn't say when.

He hasn't been there long but his Duck team is getting bigger and faster. I think he will win the conference again next year. He is recruiting well with Warmack's and Thibodeau's in his trenches.(them boys aint from the northwest nor are they Duck legacies) Kids love him.

The ducks shoulda beat the boogs and had nice wins. I liked him when he was at Alabama and like him to further prove himself at Oregon. I like him as a future tide hc, but his alma mater may need him sooner?
    john mccallie

cornbread and ice tea 's took the place of pills and 90 proof