2019 College Football (GDG.) - Page 50
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4048495051 LastLast
Results 491 to 500 of 502

Thread: 2019 College Football (GDG.)

  1. #491
    Senior Member crackerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    2,882

    Default

    Logical culmination of all this Hip-Hip-'Who-raying away the fruits of the NC would be the Ain'ts moving up in the draft to take Burreaux as Brees' successor and have Brady come back before ever coaching an offensive play at Carolina as Payton's HC-in-waiting. (Actually, Brady could be shamed into it if only by the Carolina fanbase letting him know "Wow, so you're the guy who's going to make us forget about Sonnyboy Shula as the best OC the Panthers have ever had!" Thinking the Aints could get Burreaux at No. 3 in return for their own 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round picks this year and a 3rd rounder next year - and what do they need them for anyhow, with my Mormon mission man Taysom Hill capable of playing about five positions at once.

    MG


    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Hawkes View Post
    Was wondering when this was going to come up, so I will take the time & hit on all the important topics since Monday night’s game.

    Joe Brady gone to Carolina to be The OC. The guy responsible for taking the LSU offense out of The Stone Age is gone. The most obvious replacement is Jorge Munoz. I’m indifferent about LSU trying to promote from within on the offensive side. Here’s to hoping Steve E & Jorge learned enough.

    Dave Aranda left to go to Baylor yesterday. Perhaps in the most appropriate weather for it, there was heavy rain in The BR yesterday evening. I thought LSU would have him for 2 years & he was here for 4. Well deserved on his part. He’s bringing Bill Busch (Safeties Coach @ LSU & was with Dave @ WISKY.) with him to Baylor to be his DC.

    As for OBJ, there are several things to discuss. Obviously the money being thrown towards a few players is the most notable thing. If a player is a senior or is going to leave early for the draft, they’re no longer a student athlete after the last game is over. If a player isn’t going pro before his senior year, he would either have to forfeit his eligibility or return the money to the individual who gave it to them. Was it the best or most mature look/approach? No. It wasn’t. Is there anything that can happen from The NCAA about it? Also no. As far as what happened in the locker room afterwards, here goes. Ed O asked several previous players to speak to the team. Numerous players have verified this. Obviously Odell was one of them. There was a rumor where he was interrupting Ed O speaking to the team before relinquishing the talking to others. That has also been proven false. Make no mistake about it. Odell wasn’t exactly sober by any stretch of the imagination. He wasn’t. He also didn’t make it about him as his spill was basically, “Look what y’all did!!” Now to the butt slap “incident”. This is the same, “Top Flight Security Of The World, Craig!!”, security guard who threatened to arrest players for smoking victory cigars. He’s a dbag, IMO. Some folks will do anything for their 15 minutes & try to get some money. Don’t get me wrong. Odell can be his biggest enemy @ times. He’s not always the most mature @ times, but I’ll be a monkey’s uncle if that “incident” should have ever been brought up.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #492
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pac NW
    Posts
    8,392

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Hawkes View Post
    Was wondering when this was going to come up, so I will take the time & hit on all the important topics since Monday night’s game.

    Joe Brady gone to Carolina to be The OC. The guy responsible for taking the LSU offense out of The Stone Age is gone. The most obvious replacement is Jorge Munoz. I’m indifferent about LSU trying to promote from within on the offensive side. Here’s to hoping Steve E & Jorge learned enough.

    Dave Aranda left to go to Baylor yesterday. Perhaps in the most appropriate weather for it, there was heavy rain in The BR yesterday evening. I thought LSU would have him for 2 years & he was here for 4. Well deserved on his part. He’s bringing Bill Busch (Safeties Coach @ LSU & was with Dave @ WISKY.) with him to Baylor to be his DC.

    As for OBJ, there are several things to discuss. Obviously the money being thrown towards a few players is the most notable thing. If a player is a senior or is going to leave early for the draft, they’re no longer a student athlete after the last game is over. If a player isn’t going pro before his senior year, he would either have to forfeit his eligibility or return the money to the individual who gave it to them. Was it the best or most mature look/approach? No. It wasn’t. Is there anything that can happen from The NCAA about it? Also no. As far as what happened in the locker room afterwards, here goes. Ed O asked several previous players to speak to the team. Numerous players have verified this. Obviously Odell was one of them. There was a rumor where he was interrupting Ed O speaking to the team before relinquishing the talking to others. That has also been proven false. Make no mistake about it. Odell wasn’t exactly sober by any stretch of the imagination. He wasn’t. He also didn’t make it about him as his spill was basically, “Look what y’all did!!” Now to the butt slap “incident”. This is the same, “Top Flight Security Of The World, Craig!!”, security guard who threatened to arrest players for smoking victory cigars. He’s a dbag, IMO. Some folks will do anything for their 15 minutes & try to get some money. Don’t get me wrong. Odell can be his biggest enemy @ times. He’s not always the most mature @ times, but I’ll be a monkey’s uncle if that “incident” should have ever been brought up.
    The most obvious question to me is: Why was a security guard in the players area?
    __________________________

    Marvin S

    Everyone's friend is No One's friend

    Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

    Skills can be taught. Character is either there or it's not!

  4. #493
    Senior Member crackerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    2,882

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    The most obvious question to me is: Why was a security guard in the players area?
    Shouldn't you be too busy firing up the 2020 rtf CBB thread and encomiums to the Dukies than to be commenting on misdirected security guards at a football game? Wait a minute, maybe you meant "zirconiums" and you were labeling them as chintzy characters. Carry on, then!

    MG

  5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements
     

  6. #494
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    St. George, LA
    Posts
    5,717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crackerd View Post
    Logical culmination of all this Hip-Hip-'Who-raying away the fruits of the NC would be the Ain'ts moving up in the draft to take Burreaux as Brees' successor and have Brady come back before ever coaching an offensive play at Carolina as Payton's HC-in-waiting. (Actually, Brady could be shamed into it if only by the Carolina fanbase letting him know "Wow, so you're the guy who's going to make us forget about Sonnyboy Shula as the best OC the Panthers have ever had!" Thinking the Aints could get Burreaux at No. 3 in return for their own 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round picks this year and a 3rd rounder next year - and what do they need them for anyhow, with my Mormon mission man Taysom Hill capable of playing about five positions at once.

    MG
    Literally no chance Joe goes to Thy Saints. Sad truth.

  7. #495
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    St. George, LA
    Posts
    5,717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    The most obvious question to me is: Why was a security guard in the players area?
    Great question that I have no answer for.

  8. #496
    Senior Member roseberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Alabama
    Posts
    4,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Hawkes View Post
    Great question that I have no answer for.
    To keep agents away from freshmen and sophmores....dangerous environment.
    john mccallie

    cornbread and ice tea 's took the place of pills and 90 proof

  9. #497
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    St. George, LA
    Posts
    5,717

    Default

    Absolutely agree about agents & the damage they can do. This guy obviously didn’t have LSU’s best interest in mind, IMO.

  10. #498
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    St. George, LA
    Posts
    5,717

    Default

    Maybe y’all will like this, maybe some won’t.

    https://www.instagram.com/p/B7cZllDHzpZ/

  11. #499
    Senior Member Rick Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Klondike, LA
    Posts
    2,008

    Default

    That cat's panties are way too tight.
    If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.

    (And to see just how confused I really am, join us in my online blind at: 2017-2018 Season Log

  12. #500
    Senior Member jgsanders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    709

    Default

    HEY OREGON.....What's it like living your life without a title......inquiring for a friend...

    Clemson Tigers 2018 Football National Champions

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •