RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

2019 College Football (GDG.)

66K views 548 replies 34 participants last post by  BonMallari 
#1 ·
Since it’s talking season now, chirp away.

#45 ·
How is it possible the preseason and SEC's "toughest 2019 schedule team" could lose 3 straight to basketball schools (CU, UVA, and UNC)? I mean...it's not like they have to play traditional powerhouses like Wyoming and GA State in addition to 2-9 UNC this year. To make matters worse, their only running TD yesterday came via a former Clemson 3rd string RB transfer that just got to campus 2 weeks ago.

#51 ·
Based on many juggernauts experience with cupcakes this last weekend bowl invitations are already being extended.
Serious opening weekend wins are being disrespected.

But I would enter the "Transfer Portal" if I were the Volunteer's mascot. Never fear, there is someone that could turn
that around & you folks down South should fear Mike Leach showing up in hideous Orange. Though I would miss his
pressers up here, I would love to see him get that opportunity & the truckload of cash that goes with it.

Our USC just lost their QB for the season :(. I hope Kelly is given the time to turn UCLA around.

#52 ·
Will hurricane Do Ryan impact this weekend game Aggies vs Clemson? Clemson is pretty far inland but other factors could disturb.

#56 ·
I think we are going to be OK in terms of weather. I do agree with you in that A&M could easily pull off the upset Saturday, and here's why. The Clemson "high powered" offense needs some time to get and find its timing and rhythm, and I don't think they will be there in week 2. We do have some frisbee cathin' dawgs, but it's gonna take some time to dial that in. I also think A&M should try and run the bawl down the Tigers throats on Saturday. New front 4 at Clempson on D and I'd test that out. Pound 'em good if I'm A&M. Hope its a good 'un.

#54 ·
And that's it? - nothing about upcoming 'Bama-Aggies, 'Bama-New Mexico State Aggies...?

Logo looks kinda like I figure our resident ore operator in his metalic heyday! Quick draw Marv - though why an Aggie needs to be a quick draw is beyond me, unless a wildcatter was gonna jump his okra and jalapeno acreage claim!

MG

#57 ·
Jg those were extremely funny links to unsettled "fan talk"! Or they were until they caused me a "flashback" to....perkins.....curry.....franchione......shula.....and everyone here's favorite, dubose.(then, to be thankfully, turned down by rodriguez and nekkid bar'ed by price). These things are psychologically blocked, only to be brought to the surface by certain occasional "triggers"! Ouch, it got me!:)

As to Jacob's 2 highlights:

Will Joe "Burro" be the pack mule that brings a load of "Herman shoulda chose us" revenge into Austin? The zero and one Swami says.......YEP.

Clemson's dfront will be ok jg. No int's for the young Samson type qb this week(though we all know them little delilahs in the palmetto state are trying to give him "a little trim"). Mond struggles some but makes it a fair contest. However, the Swami channeled our old friend Cutty and found out Jimbo has drank too much "Cutty" this week and will likely stupor a late decision! Zero and one Swami says.......Clemson.

I hate I'm gonna miss the Clemson/A&M game......but I got a 250 yard long "two track driveway" Saturday afternoon!

#58 ·
Well thanks Swami, you just saved me wasting 7 hours of my life watching the Great State go 0-2 while the SEC West goes 1-1 and Dabo and his crew secure another National Championship. Maybe that castoff QB from Alabama will provide Clempson with some Sooner competition.

#67 ·
We got the crap beat out of us. Our qb played miserably.

#68 ·
I guess I've never really payed attention before, but UT's stadium is a little weird shaped. It's like OSUs ("The" patent pending) horseshoe with out the bottom enclosed in seats. The cameras were strategically placed on that end to look back into the stadium, but I just assumed with the resources down there it would be a better stadium. Anyone else notice?

#69 ·
#70 ·
Some good FB was played yesterday. I wonder what Peterson's excuse will be this week for not being in that category.

#74 ·
I think he is a good coach that inherited a poorly stocked program. There was an article
on Leach this last week showing him going 3-9 2 of his 1st 3 years. if he had not been the
AD's hire & well known to the AD he probably would have been gone. I think that kind of
patience has to be shown with Kelly. A lot of the non power 5 programs are pretty good &
well coached. I'd have a bigger concern if I was a Wolverine fanboy :), poor old Khaki pants
shouldn't be sleeping well at night. That is a top 10 program, UCLA has not been in that
grouping for some time. MI only took 1 bad coach, UCLA has had a string of them, each
taking the program to new lows. You of all FB guys should recognize that.

I have no skin in any of these. My only interest is in seeing competitive sports. I would not,
in my wildest dreams be a Bama fanboy.

#72 ·
Looked to me like the “DBUs” both had a trying evening...hmmm!!!
Good call LSU finally hiring a respected passing game coordinator. Great look for Burrow and the Tigers. Ellinger looked really good as well.

#89 ·
I’ve got nothing except UT ain’t baaack as their QB announced in January and I have never seen such an immense display of blonde hair and accessories. My 20 year old self would have seen little of that game.

#90 ·
My fast-approaching septuagenarian self would have seen little of that game due to the "immensities" cited.

As for the UT ain't baaack bidness, that lament also applies to UcheaT ("Twelvesee" as rose and I call the SEC sub-mediocrity football member based in Knoxville for the number of consecutive losses to St. Nick Saban and the Crimson Tide). Not only is UcheaT sitting at a pathetic 0-2 after two ignominious losses to open the season, they also are carrying the banner against getting bullied off the field as well. Had a hard time keeping a half-baked somber face as I read the Fake News Central (NY Times) report on Twelvesee to the humanitarian ramparts!

MG

PS rose and fellow rtf member BamaJeff have confirmed that Ol' Smokey, the UcheaT mascot depicted atop the article, has entered the transfer portal - and may be headed to nearby DIII institution Maryville College, where peer pressure and ethnic nickname cleansing could soon eliminate the school's current handle "The Fighting Scots."

#97 ·
Ed is the head,
His qb threw for more than Rohan vs bama,
They scored a boatload of point,
They won the game,
Ed is the head......Has Herman won a truely big one yet,
Ed was better......simple!
You don't want Herman........see me in 3 years on this..... I won't say anything but I'll smile and you'll know what I mean.;)

#99 ·
Rose, you may very well be right. But a win over UGA is a big win in my book. Bowl game or not. And I think it’s ok to build over time. If Texas wins every game it’s favored in this year and plays LSU and OU closely in the 4th quarter, well you gotta give the devil his due in year 2-3 and accept the fact it’s a program trending in the right direction. That’s my gut. They didn’t get embarrassed and I’m not ready to kick Texas to the curb yet. But again, time will tell.

#104 ·
It's tough to find something to brag about when your team practices CupCake Saturday.

Which team in the top 10 is going to patent that?

#105 · (Edited)
Marvin, I agree with you...Southern Miss at 11am CST is appropriate despite gigantic Elephant tears from Saban....cupcake city in September....only thing in prime time outta Bama worth watching according to my wife is their Alum Hannah B from the Bachelorette show on CBS....her ratings/attendance is higher...#1 rated TV show they say.....you decide which is more appealing...Bama football in September or Hannah B....

E! NewsE! News

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.