The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Mueller Wednesday Blog

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    Good meme Jacob!

Dave, when you're hot you're hot! You remain consistently funny.

Cary, age related issues like dementia usually progress in "hockey stick" trend lines where gradual degradation eventually increases to rapid decline. A person's condition can change dramatically in three years.

I can make no judgment since I didn't watch Mueller live. But the clips and soundbites look bad.

I have mentioned here before that my father was a "rural southern Baptist pastor", known, loved and admired widely in two counties. When I assumed management of his affairs 4 years ago, records indicated he had presided at about 850 funeral services. After "retiring" as a fulltime pastor, he would sometimes do 2 or 3 services a week in his early 80's. If mom answered the phone she would tell the family or funeral director, "I'm sorry, he just ain't able." If he answered it was always, "yes".

He called one July morning about 5 years ago and asked me to go with him and help him for a 2 o'clock service. I obliged and he spoke with powerful voice and spirit in the air conditioned chapel with a hip, two knees and two shoulders in need of repair/replacement but with a heart that couldn't support the procedures. He made a couple of points about the deceased three times.

The heat index was 105, suits and ties, too proud to use a "walker", I thought i would never get his hobbling old ass to and from the graveside. Out in that heat he delivered yet another lengthy message of the gospel and four minute benediction.

You ask, "WHY THE STORY JOHN, YOU ARE AS LONG WINDED AS YOUR DAD?"

I called every funeral director and young pastor that night and made sure they understood my father was no longer able to serve from a physical or mental capacity and tell your families the answer is NO!

The point of the story is, Mueller has a family and someone must eventually step up and give every public servant "the hook" when the time comes. None of us know when our own time comes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Farrar View Post
    On May 29th, he gave a speech outlining the findings of his report. Do you see anything in that speech that would indicate he was suffering from any mental/physical problems? To me, he looked confident with the report.

https://www.npr.org/2019/05/29/72788...full-statement

He took no questions that day. Less than 2 months later, he was publically grilled by Republicans. If he is having problems, who would have known? Did the Dems prop him up and send him to the lions den knowing he would be excoriated simply because they were hoping for him to say President Trump should be impeached?
    Roseberry, you did a better job of explanation of what can happen as time goes by. Best when a family member steps in as you did. But Given Meuller's prominence and his public record of public service, I can understand that a family member may not have the power to do so. That being the case, it is imperative that those that worked for him, are morally obligated to do so. Early on, I learned in my profession that the number one responsibility was to DO NO HARM. It is the reponsibility of me and my peers to see that any of us that can no longer treat patients to a standard, be retired. The same holds for lawyers. When I watched that infamous 9 1/2 minute speech, I thought there was a very good chance that he had suffered a stroke of some level. I also did not think he had written it. I don't think he or his staff anticipated that he would have to testify before Congress. They did delay his appearance and place some unusual restrictions on his appearance. Each member was allowed onlhy 5 minutes for questioning and each member was not allowed to even yield his/her time to another member in order to have continuous questioning without interuption. What was really strange was that his assistant was also sworn in but no plans were made to even question him. The Republicans were perplexed and even stated that they would have no questions for him. I can think of no logical explanation for their doing this other than they thought it might be necessary that his assistant take his place, should he be unable to continue. It would be interestiong to know why that actually did this.

Two days aftr his appearance, there was a man interviewed by Camerotta on CNN. He was a subordinate of Meuller's in the CIA's department of countr terrorism. She asked him "what he thought of Meuller's performance. He thought for about 30 seconds and said that he regarded Meuller had the man that he admired above all others. He recited his record in the military, in private parctice and also in public service. He then closed in saying that it was time all let him leave. I have no doubt what he was trying to say and how he said it.

I think that he wa used as window dressing because of his reputation and did not anticipate that their actions would ever be exposed and they would not have, had the Democrats not insisted on his appearing before Congress.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    Roseberry, you did a better job of explanation of what can happen as time goes by. Best when a family member steps in as you did. But Given Meuller's prominence and his public record of public service, I can understand that a family member may not have the power to do so. That being the case, it is imperative that those that worked for him, are morally obligated to do so. Early on, I learned in my profession that the number one responsibility was to DO NO HARM. It is the reponsibility of me and my peers to see that any of us that can no longer treat patients to a standard, be retired. The same holds for lawyers. When I watched that infamous 9 1/2 minute speech, I thought there was a very good chance that he had suffered a stroke of some level. I also did not think he had written it. I don't think he or his staff anticipated that he would have to testify before Congress. They did delay his appearance and place some unusual restrictions on his appearance. Each member was allowed onlhy 5 minutes for questioning and each member was not allowed to even yield his/her time to another member in order to have continuous questioning without interuption. What was really strange was that his assistant was also sworn in but no plans were made to even question him. The Republicans were perplexed and even stated that they would have no questions for him. I can think of no logical explanation for their doing this other than they thought it might be necessary that his assistant take his place, should he be unable to continue. It would be interestiong to know why that actually did this.

Two days aftr his appearance, there was a man interviewed by Camerotta on CNN. He was a subordinate of Meuller's in the CIA's department of countr terrorism. She asked him "what he thought of Meuller's performance. He thought for about 30 seconds and said that he regarded Meuller had the man that he admired above all others. He recited his record in the military, in private parctice and also in public service. He then closed in saying that it was time all let him leave. I have no doubt what he was trying to say and how he said it.

I think that he wa used as window dressing because of his reputation and did not anticipate that their actions would ever be exposed and they would not have, had the Democrats not insisted on his appearing before Congress.
    Do you suspect the Trump administration had any inkling to his condition, when they chose him to run their investigation?

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    Do you suspect the Trump administration had any inkling to his condition, when they chose him to run their investigation?
    The Trump Administration did not choose him.

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

They sure did

The only person that learned anything new Wednesday was Mueller!
    Stan b & Elvis

So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory, the MOMENT." ~ Aldo Leopold

They sure did
    Trump did not even HAVE an administration when Meuller was chosen. He had gotten rid of The AG , Sally Yates and appointed Jeff Sessions. You do remember that the former AG did meet with the husband on a tarmac while his wife was under investigation( or was it a MATTER???) Rubenstein moved up from the number 3 position or lower, I can't remember which.

When it was made public that Comey asked for a private meeting shortly after Trump was sworn in and informed him that his campaign was under investigation but not him, I posted that Trump should have fired him ON THE SPOT. That was probably the 2nd biggest mistake he has made. Later, when he testified that he had brought up J. Edgar Hoover and the general feelings that he had kept records on all significant political Senators and Congressmen, I knew it was at least his biggest mistake. That meeting was notlhing but a brazen attempt at blackmail and did concern me that there might be some truth in the claims of collusion since he did not fire him. Sessions met with the Russian Ambassador as well as many others of foreign countries, which was done tomeet his responsibilities of committee asignments. Most overlooked that those meetings also were attended BY TWO OF HIS STAFF. Sessions should have simply corrected his testimony, stating that he had met with many Foreign Ambasadors,k along with members of his staff and had simply overlooked that meeting. When he recused himself, that left Rosenstein who was at best, the 3rd ranking DOJ employee who was not a political appointee. He should have also recused himself since HE had recommended the firing of Comey. Some DOJ he wa saddled with, cinsisting of Rubenstein who had reapplied for continuation of the FISA warrants at least 2 times, McCabe, Strzok, Case, Ohr and a few more. I consider Rubenstein just a little above Comey.

I have no idea if Trump has even nominated someone to be Barr's 2nd in command. Perasonally I think he should tell Barr to pick lhis own man and do it yesterday.

I first became aware of Meuller when he testified bfor Congress after 9/11. It did not take long to listen to him to realize that he had a clear understanding of the consequences of 9/11, what needed to be done in order to minimize the possibility of another such attack, and how long it would take for our country to come up to speed. I was highly impressed with him. I also felt the same of Barr when he first testified before the Senate when nominatied as AG.

Trump did not even HAVE an administration when Meuller was chosen..
    Really?????
    Trump was elected in November of 2016 and started putting his administration together then he was sworn into office in January 2017

Mueller was appointed special prosecutor in May of 2017

Trump did not even HAVE an administration when Meuller was chosen. He had gotten rid of The AG , Sally Yates and appointed Jeff Sessions. You do remember that the former AG did meet with the husband on a tarmac while his wife was under investigation( or was it a MATTER???) Rubenstein moved up from the number 3 position or lower, I can't remember which.

When it was made public that Comey asked for a private meeting shortly after Trump was sworn in and informed him that his campaign was under investigation but not him, I posted that Trump should have fired him ON THE SPOT. That was probably the 2nd biggest mistake he has made. Later, when he testified that he had brought up J. Edgar Hoover and the general feelings that he had kept records on all significant political Senators and Congressmen, I knew it was at least his biggest mistake. That meeting was notlhing but a brazen attempt at blackmail and did concern me that there might be some truth in the claims of collusion since he did not fire him. Sessions met with the Russian Ambassador as well as many others of foreign countries, which was done tomeet his responsibilities of committee asignments. Most overlooked that those meetings also were attended BY TWO OF HIS STAFF. Sessions should have simply corrected his testimony, stating that he had met with many Foreign Ambasadors,k along with members of his staff and had simply overlooked that meeting. When he recused himself, that left Rosenstein who was at best, the 3rd ranking DOJ employee who was not a political appointee. He should have also recused himself since HE had recommended the firing of Comey. Some DOJ he wa saddled with, cinsisting of Rubenstein who had reapplied for continuation of the FISA warrants at least 2 times, McCabe, Strzok, Case, Ohr and a few more. I consider Rubenstein just a little above Comey.

I have no idea if Trump has even nominated someone to be Barr's 2nd in command. Perasonally I think he should tell Barr to pick lhis own man and do it yesterday.

I first became aware of Meuller when he testified bfor Congress after 9/11. It did not take long to listen to him to realize that he had a clear understanding of the consequences of 9/11, what needed to be done in order to minimize the possibility of another such attack, and how long it would take for our country to come up to speed. I was highly impressed with him. I also felt the same of Barr when he first testified before the Senate when nominatied as AG.
    Rosenstein was nominated by Trump on Feb 1, 2017 confirmed April 25, and appointed Mueller as special counsel May 17 (one day after Mueller met with Trump). Third in charge at the DOJ would be the Associate AG, then the Solicitor General, neither of which Rosenstein held. When Trump chose Rod for his administration, he was one of 94(?) US Attorneys. So if Mueller wasn’t selected by the Trump administration, who appointed him?

rod.jpg
    Last edited by mngundog; 07-29-2019 at 02:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tigerfan View Post
    Really?????
    Trump was elected in November of 2016 and started putting his administration together then he was sworn into office in January 2017

Mueller was appointed special prosecutor in May of 2017
    The key word in your post was "STARTED". Let's see, there are hundreds of Foreign Ambasadors, many Cabinet heads, assistand and deputy assistants, Directors and assistant directors to be appointed,MOST of which require senate aproval(or is it "consent" or some other word. I am sure they are in the hundreds if not in the thousands of political appointments that have to be voted by the Senate TELL ME the last president that had all such political appointments that required consent by the Senate that had EVEN ONE confirmed the day after inauguration day. That would be interesting as I have no knowledge of a single one. I would even be interested of a single one that had consent(approval) of all by May of the first year. But none of this stupid deflection is the issue.

The issue IS NOT whether he had a medical condition when he was appointed as SC the ISSUE is WHEN he no longer was able to perform the duties of SC. I stated that the most important obligation of a doctor is to do no harm. It is also the obligation of all doctors to see that any of his(her) peers also do no harm that may result from mental or physical defect. Once a single lawyer that worked for him realized his condition, it was his(her)obligation to refuse. Anyone who took on the responsibility fo Meuller's without authority did a great harm personally to Meuller and to the country.

I have ther utmost sympathy for Meuller. They used his name, his reputation and his lifetime of service to our country to further their own wishes and that is the digrace.

Rosenstein was nominated by Trump on Feb 1, 2017 confirmed April 25, and appointed Mueller as special counsel May 17 (one day after Mueller met with Trump). Third in charge at the DOJ would be the Associate AG, then the Solicitor General, neither of which Rosenstein held. When Trump chose Rod for his administration, he was one of 94(?) US Attorneys. So if Mueller wasn’t selected by the Trump administration, who appointed him?

rod.jpg
    What an interesting post. Firsat the Democrats want to impeach Trump BECAUSE he wants to fire him, then you claim it is his fault that he hired him in the first place and didn't get rid or him. I don't think you can have it both ways.