What Have They Accomplished? - Page 3
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What Have They Accomplished?

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    Richard, Mitch McConnell has on numerous occations changed the 60 vote requirement to a simple majority! He did this, only after the Democratic Senate leader Chuck Schumer, had done this, when the Dem's controlled the Senate under Obama's administration.
    Except you left out one small detail. That simple majority was for appointments not legislation.
    Fishing, hunting, golfing, traveling and relaxing is life's reward after meeting your goals and retiring.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Reese View Post
    Except you left out one small detail. That simple majority was for appointments not legislation.
    As I recall Schumer did it on legislation, setting the option up for McConnell if need be....

As I recall Schumer did it on legislation, setting the option up for McConnell if need be....
    You would be wrong.

http://www.gopusa.com/schumer-sugges...-the-majority/
    Fishing, hunting, golfing, traveling and relaxing is life's reward after meeting your goals and retiring.

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

RR

Right you are, after a quick look back, I see I did not remember the details correctly, my bad....and how could I forget the games Harry Reid played using this option?

<p>
    RR Right you are, after a quick look back, I see I did not remember the details correctly, my bad....and how could I forget the games Harry Reid played using this option?
    I am sure glad old Dirty Harry is gone but it would have been fun to hear Trump&#39;s nick names for him.��</p>
    Last edited by Tucker & Jessie; 07-29-2019 at 10:02 AM.
    I used to be M&Ks Retrievers but for some reason I could no longer post. Ya think the mods trying to tell me something?

RR

Right you are, after a quick look back, I see I did not remember the details correctly, my bad....and how could I forget the games Harry Reid played using this option?
    Really, Richard Reese is now your source of Enlightenment and Wisdom???
    That's rich
    If he had a high school civics class he failed this section.
    He is as illinformed and suffers with TDS as badly as you. Here, once again, he spreads FAKE FACTS.
    Let me give you a clue. A simple majority is what is needed to pass legislation in the Senate. Actually a 50/50 vote will get it done for Trump since the Constitution (you boys ever heard of that?) makes VP Pence the President of the Senate, and allows him to cast a tie breaking vote in the instance of tie votes.
    Mr Reese is mistaken about needing 60 votes to pass legislation. Ending filibusters & Cloture may indeed require supermajorities but passing legislation does not!!!
    Which you blindly lap up like a kitten with a saucer of milk.
    You guys need to remove your MAGA tin foil hats and find and fact check different sources and find some reliable FACTS. Educate yourself.
    This would be laughable if it weren an isolated case. What make it so sad; and more importantly incredibly dangerous to our country is that there are so many who, like you, are blinded to REAL FACTS by a chronic case of TDS.
    Your TDS army will believe any BS FAKE FACTS, regardless of the source and veracity, if it tends to exculpate Trumps failings or show Trump in a good light.
    Then when confronted with verifiable facts from a credible Source you TDS sufferers scream FAKE FACTS.

Now comes the part where you mindlessly respond by saying that II didnt cite a reliable source and 'm giving you fake news or have a biased MSM source for my fake news.

I did cite a source and it wasn't from a "liberal biased MSM Source "
    My source is the United States Constitution. You and Richard & Trump should check it out!!

I took away your excuse of liberal biased MSM and no sources but you still got that one last fallback response of the conspiracy be the evil DEEP STATE

Don't fear regardless of how ridiculous it may be to implicate Jefferson and Adams et. al. as part of the DEEP STATE conspiracy to undermine Trump's effort to MAGA, your fellow TDS sufferers will likely buy in!!
    Have a good day Carl

Quote Originally Posted by tigerfan View Post
    Really, Richard Reese is now your source of Enlightenment and Wisdom???
    That's rich
    If he had a high school civics class he failed this section.
    He is as illinformed and suffers with TDS as badly as you. Here, once again, he spreads FAKE FACTS.
    Let me give you a clue. A simple majority is what is needed to pass legislation in the Senate. Actually a 50/50 vote will get it done for Trump since the Constitution (you boys ever heard of that?) makes VP Pence the President of the Senate, and allows him to cast a tie breaking vote in the instance of tie votes.
    Mr Reese is mistaken about needing 60 votes to pass legislation. Ending filibusters & Cloture may indeed require supermajorities but passing legislation does not!!!
    Which you blindly lap up like a kitten with a saucer of milk.
    You guys need to remove your MAGA tin foil hats and find and fact check different sources and find some reliable FACTS. Educate yourself.
    This would be laughable if it weren an isolated case. What make it so sad; and more importantly incredibly dangerous to our country is that there are so many who, like you, are blinded to REAL FACTS by a chronic case of TDS.
    Your TDS army will believe any BS FAKE FACTS, regardless of the source and veracity, if it tends to exculpate Trumps failings or show Trump in a good light.
    Then when confronted with verifiable facts from a credible Source you TDS sufferers scream FAKE FACTS.

Now comes the part where you mindlessly respond by saying that II didnt cite a reliable source and 'm giving you fake news or have a biased MSM source for my fake news.

I did cite a source and it wasn't from a "liberal biased MSM Source "
    My source is the United States Constitution. You and Richard & Trump should check it out!!

I took away your excuse of liberal biased MSM and no sources but you still got that one last fallback response of the conspiracy be the evil DEEP STATE

Don't fear regardless of how ridiculous it may be to implicate Jefferson and Adams et. al. as part of the DEEP STATE conspiracy to undermine Trump's effort to MAGA, your fellow TDS sufferers will likely buy in!!
    Have a good day Carl
    I see you're in full form today Marc. Glad to see you are still long winded and don't hesitant to insult people when you reply.

If you can't end a filibuster and get past cloture can you vote on legislation? Of course not. So the simple answer is it takes 60 votes to pass legislation. Without 60 votes the legislation never gets to the floor for a vote. I'm betting your reply has at least three personal insults and two general insults. Time will tell.

tigerlilly...I bet as a kid you got your rear-end kicked a few times....where I grew up, when someone like you was always looking for a fight, someone would always be glad to let him have it!

Maybe that explains it, did you get hit in the head a few times to many as a kid...or?????