Trump's Biggest Lie From Yesterday - Page 3
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: Trump's Biggest Lie From Yesterday

  1. #21
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    DuLarge-Dulac-Cocodrie Metroplex, La.
    Posts
    15,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    Ok wise guy, PROVE IT!
    The information is available to any person smart enough to use Google.

    Apparently you are not.

    But then again, I know how much FACTS are a threat to your alternate reality.
    “The President, Vice President and all Civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.” U S Constitution
    This entire impeachment process is just going to be all about knocking down the most offensively stupid arguments from Trump supporters.









  2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Halls, Tn.
    Posts
    3,973

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    Ok wise guy, PROVE IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    The information is available to any person smart enough to use Google.

    Apparently you are not.

    But then again, I know how much FACTS are a threat to your alternate reality.
    Wht did I say bout him, swampy? Never an answer of substance. A clown with no pokadots.

  4. #23
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    DuLarge-Dulac-Cocodrie Metroplex, La.
    Posts
    15,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    Wht did I say bout him, swampy? Never an answer of substance. A clown with no pokadots.

    It is NOT my responsibility to do the research for people that are either too lazy to do or don't want the truth!

    Talk about lack of substance, don't you ever get tied of having your BS exposed here on PP?
    “The President, Vice President and all Civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.” U S Constitution
    This entire impeachment process is just going to be all about knocking down the most offensively stupid arguments from Trump supporters.









  5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements
     

  6. #24
    Senior Member swampcollielover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    3,803

    Default

    So Franky, are you telling us that your searches for information comes from google?! Like most internet information, you cannot always trust what you find on google...or did your 'mama' not warn you about those things?

    I can tell you are having trouble backing up what you said about Presidential historical lies? So you deflect, showing that you in fact understand that you are grossly overstating how President Trump stacks up compared to other Presidents.....like I said, they all have lied and so do you!

  7. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Halls, Tn.
    Posts
    3,973

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    It is NOT my responsibility to do the research for people that are either too lazy to do or don't want the truth!

    Talk about lack of substance, don't you ever get tied of having your BS exposed here on PP?
    Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    So Franky, are you telling us that your searches for information comes from google?! Like most internet information, you cannot always trust what you find on google...or did your 'mama' not warn you about those things?

    I can tell you are having trouble backing up what you said about Presidential historical lies? So you deflect, showing that you in fact understand that you are grossly overstating how President Trump stacks up compared to other Presidents.....like I said, they all have lied and so do you!
    Hey swampy, I am sure Frankie remembers when i called his hand when he claimed that Trump "SOFTENED the Republican Platform concerning Russia and the Ukrane. I even gave him the links to the 2012 and 2016 platforms asking him to SHOW ME any reference to the wording of anything about Russia that "was softened". He can't do it so he tucked his tail and ran. Now he makes a false claim and expects us to find something that IS NOT THERE. A clown suit is a suit like the man with no clothes!!

  8. #26
    Senior Member swampcollielover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    3,803

    Default


  9. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    Hey swampy, I am sure Frankie remembers when i called his hand when he claimed that Trump "SOFTENED the Republican Platform concerning Russia and the Ukrane. I even gave him the links to the 2012 and 2016 platforms asking him to SHOW ME any reference to the wording of anything about Russia that "was softened". He can't do it so he tucked his tail and ran. Now he makes a false claim and expects us to find something that IS NOT THERE. A clown suit is a suit like the man with no clothes!!
    Related to the issue of "IS NOT THERE" ....can you see the fatal flaw in your supposed "proof" or disproof of the SOFTENED" Republican platform vis a vis the comparison between the 2012 & 2016 Republican platforms relating to the u.s. support for Ukraine vs. Russia ?

  10. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Halls, Tn.
    Posts
    3,973

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tigerfan View Post
    Related to the issue of "IS NOT THERE" ....can you see the fatal flaw in your supposed "proof" or disproof of the SOFTENED" Republican platform vis a vis the comparison between the 2012 & 2016 Republican platforms relating to the u.s. support for Ukraine vs. Russia ?
    To answer you question simply, NO I do not see a "fatal flaw". Fact is that I see no flaw.

    But let me go a bit further. I can remember only one time where the platform of either party was ever an issue and that was a long time ago. Historically, the party nominee came to the convention with enought delegate votes to win the nomination and as a result, the platform committee is heavily weighted toward the likely nominee. This was the case with Trump's nomination and he did have a heavily weighted representation on that committee. That committee is tasked with the job of constructing a party platform that represents the policies of the party and its nominee. You do realize that it would be comical if their nominee held decidedly different views on policy than the platform, don't you??? I think that most will agree that the platform is best to reflect the policies of its nominee as well as the party. At the convention, the platform committee gives its proposal to the WHOLE CONVENTION for any amendments and approval. There may be some proposed amendments from the floor but I think that is seldom and probably never passes without approval of the nominee. There is NOT a current platform(except for the previous platform) until all amandments have been dealt with. Then AND ONLY THEN, will there be a new platform.

    What actually happens is the platform committee usually takes the platform from the prior convention and makes any additions, deletions and changes in order to create a new platform to be presented to the entire convention. What happened was that a lady proposed an amendment to the prior platfrom regarding Russia and the Ukrane. She proposed an amendment stating that if Russia should invade the Ukrane, that the US would take LETHAL ACTION. There was an amendment to the amendment to change the word "LETHAL" to "APPROPRIATE" and it passed. After that change, the amendment passed and was included in the platform proposed to the whole convention. I believe that the platform submitted to the convention passed with no changes.

    I said that there was a convention that did not go quite so easily. It was the Democrat Convention of 1060. It appeared that neither JFK nor Johnson would have a marority vote on the first ballot so there also was not a majority by either on the Platform Committee and there were some amendments proposed from the floor. That was the only time I am aware of that there was any controversy with the platform of either party but there may have been some.

    What really infuriates me the most is that the democrats keep talking this total nonsense and DIDN'T EVEN THINK ENOUGH ABOUT IT to put any mention of Russia and the Ukrane, in their platform.

    Now you can tell me what my "fatal flaw" is. Then tell me what a wonderful job the democrats did in defining their policy toward Russia.

    PS
    Franco did put a link to Politifacts where they changed their stance on Trump "softened the platform" to saying he "beat down a harder amendment".

  11. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    To answer you question simply, NO I do not see a "fatal flaw". Fact is that I see no flaw.

    But let me go a bit further. I can remember only one time where the platform of either party was ever an issue and that was a long time ago. Historically, the party nominee came to the convention with enought delegate votes to win the nomination and as a result, the platform committee is heavily weighted toward the likely nominee. This was the case with Trump's nomination and he did have a heavily weighted representation on that committee. That committee is tasked with the job of constructing a party platform that represents the policies of the party and its nominee. You do realize that it would be comical if their nominee held decidedly different views on policy than the platform, don't you??? I think that most will agree that the platform is best to reflect the policies of its nominee as well as the party. At the convention, the platform committee gives its proposal to the WHOLE CONVENTION for any amendments and approval. There may be some proposed amendments from the floor but I think that is seldom and probably never passes without approval of the nominee. There is NOT a current platform(except for the previous platform) until all amandments have been dealt with. Then AND ONLY THEN, will there be a new platform.

    What actually happens is the platform committee usually takes the platform from the prior convention and makes any additions, deletions and changes in order to create a new platform to be presented to the entire convention. What happened was that a lady proposed an amendment to the prior platfrom regarding Russia and the Ukrane. She proposed an amendment stating that if Russia should invade the Ukrane, that the US would take LETHAL ACTION. There was an amendment to the amendment to change the word "LETHAL" to "APPROPRIATE" and it passed. After that change, the amendment passed and was included in the platform proposed to the whole convention. I believe that the platform submitted to the convention passed with no changes.

    I said that there was a convention that did not go quite so easily. It was the Democrat Convention of 1060. It appeared that neither JFK nor Johnson would have a marority vote on the first ballot so there also was not a majority by either on the Platform Committee and there were some amendments proposed from the floor. That was the only time I am aware of that there was any controversy with the platform of either party but there may have been some.

    What really infuriates me the most is that the democrats keep talking this total nonsense and DIDN'T EVEN THINK ENOUGH ABOUT IT to put any mention of Russia and the Ukrane, in their platform.

    Now you can tell me what my "fatal flaw" is. Then tell me what a wonderful job the democrats did in defining their policy toward Russia.

    PS
    Franco did put a link to Politifacts where they changed their stance on Trump "softened the platform" to saying he "beat down a harder amendment".
    Nope.
    Try again, Cary

  12. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Halls, Tn.
    Posts
    3,973

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tigerfan View Post
    Related to the issue of "IS NOT THERE" ....can you see the fatal flaw in your supposed "proof" or disproof of the SOFTENED" Republican platform vis a vis the comparison between the 2012 & 2016 Republican platforms relating to the u.s. support for Ukraine vs. Russia ?
    I thought I answered our question as simply as I could. My answer was "No, I do not see a flaw". I did go on and give a recounting of the events leading up to the creation of the Republican Platform as an explanation of my answer.

    I do not believe that you do not understand my simple answer of "No,, I see no flaw".

    Your response of "Nope, try again" sounds like a drunk on LSD yelling at his dog at the National, "NOPE TRY AGAIN". It ain't a winning ploy. You might simply spit out the so called "fatal flaw". I might learn something. You might learn something, or we both might learn something.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •