How to Enter EE Wicked Fast?
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 56

Thread: How to Enter EE Wicked Fast?

  1. #1
    Senior Member DMA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    E WA
    Posts
    739

    Default How to Enter EE Wicked Fast?

    I won’t rant how National Master events and AKC 60 dog limits has ruined the game for the weekend Amateur. These are just opinions that folks like to get angry about. Heck presidential campaigns have started so I’ll displace all my anger and hate that direction.

    I just want to know how people can enter 17 dogs in a Master stake in seconds from when the event opens. Are there ways to have all of your information stored on EE so that you have a chance to get a dog entered? What are these folks doing? Do they have wicked fast thumbs?

  2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2

    Default

    It costs $20 a year for membership in my club and I can enter the day before a test opens to the public. I know a guy that belongs to 3 or 4 clubs just for that reason.
    If you are offended by what is said, ask yourself, is it because it was true?

  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    397

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drunkenpoacher View Post
    It costs $20 a year for membership in my club and I can enter the day before a test opens to the public. I know a guy that belongs to 3 or 4 clubs just for that reason.
    Use Google Chrome and your info auto populates. It saves a few seconds.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Senior Member fishduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    nowhere Alabama
    Posts
    2,017

    Default

    I don't think a tutorial is going to show up anywhere on the web. However, the same names seem to consistently show up first. The handlers with multiple dogs have a vested interest and in most cases their livelihood depends on the entries. They will find a way.

    The rest of us may have to be content scratching out a few extra weekends a year to attempt to run and continue to run at our home club. Not ideal but that is the current system.
    Mark Land

  7. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    88

    Default

    In all likelihood the have a BOT program that was written for them that allows for automated entry at the time the test opens. Similar premise to a sniping program for eBay that comes in and bids at the last second on selected items. Supposedly, AKC and Entryexpress were going to look into this and try to setup safeguards to not allow it to happen. In the meantime, you can look for worker codes for clubs looking for help or just choose to train for and run field trials and leave all the HT entry crap behind.

  8. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    392

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drunkenpoacher View Post
    It costs $20 a year for membership in my club and I can enter the day before a test opens to the public. I know a guy that belongs to 3 or 4 clubs just for that reason.
    WRONG DRUNKENpoacher

    For tests that have limited entries there are rules setting when entries open

    Membership at a club does not allow you to enter a day early.
    The only thing that allows you to enter a Master test a day early is getting a Workers code. Key word in that phrase is "WORKERS"
    A few years ago they amended the rules to allow clubs to receive workers codes for early entry for up to 15% of the entries in Tests that have limited entries.

    Who gets those codes is up to the club.
    They aren't reserved for anyone special such as friends, amateurs or Pros or club members.
    When I'm chairing a testI make sure they go to people that I know will work.
    I can assure you the guy you claim to know that is a member of three or four clubs just for that reason would not get one if he joined one of my clubs just for that reason

  9. #7
    Senior Member Golddogs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    3,126

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DMA View Post
    I won’t rant how National Master events and AKC 60 dog limits has ruined the game for the weekend Amateur. These are just opinions that folks like to get angry about. Heck presidential campaigns have started so I’ll displace all my anger and hate that direction.

    I just want to know how people can enter 17 dogs in a Master stake in seconds from when the event opens. Are there ways to have all of your information stored on EE so that you have a chance to get a dog entered? What are these folks doing? Do they have wicked fast thumbs?

    How about 28 ? Something has got to change. Maybe a nationwide call for only owners can enter or 3 dog per transaction. Once again, Google is not our friend.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

  10. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tigerfan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkenpoacher View Post
    It costs $20 a year for membership in my club and I can enter the day before a test opens to the public. I know a guy that belongs to 3 or 4 clubs just for that reason.
    WRONG DRUNKENpoacher

    For tests that have limited entries there are rules setting when entries open

    Membership at a club does not allow you to enter a day early.
    The only thing that allows you to enter a Master test a day early is getting a Workers code. Key word in that phrase is "WORKERS"
    A few years ago they amended the rules to allow clubs to receive workers codes for early entry for up to 15% of the entries in Tests that have limited entries.

    Who gets those codes is up to the club.
    They aren't reserved for anyone special such as friends, amateurs or Pros or club members.
    When I'm chairing a testI make sure they go to people that I know will work.
    I can assure you the guy you claim to know that is a member of three or four clubs just for that reason would not get one if he joined one of my clubs just for that reason
    Well tigerscat that’s just a difference in how some people think. The people I associate with expect to work at their club events. They do not need to be coerced into working nor do they need a pat on the back for doing so. I would much rather throw birds or pitch in wherever needed at any event rather than just standing around waiting for my turn to run again.
    The liberal mind just doesn’t seem to understand, if everyone does a little bit no one has to do a lot.
    If you are offended by what is said, ask yourself, is it because it was true?

  11. #9
    Senior Member ErinsEdge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    SE Wisconsin
    Posts
    7,688

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drunkenpoacher View Post
    Well tigerscat that’s just a difference in how some people think. The people I associate with expect to work at their club events. They do not need to be coerced into working nor do they need a pat on the back for doing so. I would much rather throw birds or pitch in wherever needed at any event rather than just standing around waiting for my turn to run again.
    The liberal mind just doesn’t seem to understand, if everyone does a little bit no one has to do a lot.
    He didn't say it that way at all but just relayed the rules about worker codes to get in early instead of a "liberal spin". Have you chaired a FT?
    Nancy P



    "We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made." M.Facklam

  12. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Anywhere we want, USA
    Posts
    4,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ErinsEdge View Post
    He didn't say it that way at all but just relayed the rules about worker codes to get in early instead of a "liberal spin". Have you chaired a FT?

    LOL! You go, Nancy! -Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •