Crime and Poverty - Page 2
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crime and Poverty

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Isn't it amazing how many "impoverished" people have smartphones and tattoos?
    Stan, WTH have you been. some of us miss you here.

I will add, Cigarettes as well

While I did not read the links I would add to post #9. Education starts at home. To many times parents look at teachers as nothing more than day care providers.
    ROCK CHALK

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Mikegillam View Post
    I agree that poverty does not cause crime. Crime is a symptom/effect of poverty, as is lower levels of educational attainment, poorer health, living in poor environmental areas, less access to healthy foods, etc...poverty and education could be interchanged. Like all large social ills, there is no one answer, and finding answers to meet the problems would take years/decades to make a meaningful impact. Thoughts I have? Maybe instead of giving corporations a massive tax break in which 80% only bought back stocks (good for me bad for those who need it more), build a plant in a high poverty area, hire/train a % of local residents, in exchange for tax breaks. We know that health issues, physical and mental will impact parenting, working, etc...and yet politicians are talking about taking health care always from millions, who are most in need. Getting teachers to work in high poverty areas is incredibly difficult, pay those teachers to work in these areas. When I started teaching 35 years ago, I was able to have much of my student loans deferred or canceled by teaching in high poverty districts. Seattle is experimenting with a program to help families move out of public housing. Critics of the poor often think these families want to live where they have to, that they don’t want change. Seattle’s program is finding that is not true. I will try to find the link and include. Criminal justice reform has to be a part of the solution, without going into details, the criminal justice system is not a fair and equal system to all. So, there are a few ideas...
    I disagree with your assumptions. Hers's why. 1st - have you read the Bell Curve?

I grew up with poverty all around. I know what it's like to have my belly button rub against my backbone.
    There were many more like me.

There are too many folks that created success though they were not born with a path to success.

We have what passes as poverty because we have a very healthy chunk of labor force dependent
    on it not having a successful outcome. They are enablers & you as an individual because of your
    views on the issue are an enabler of enablers.

I'll pose this question? If the drug scene were not so lucrative to LE do you think we hear anything
    on the subject? Would you think there is a solution to the drug problem? I do. If there were a 10%
    increase in drug related issues just lay off 10% of the cops. I believe they would quickly fix the issue
    or ignore it as they do today.

If you are short on the necessities of life seek employment, do a day's work, feed & tend those you
    have a responsibility for. We have denigrated the concept of "being a man".

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Skills can be taught. Character is either there or it's not!

Many criminals are repeat offenders. It is the same people getting arrested over and over.

What does that mean? It means there is something wrong with them. Or, they have an addiction. Or, they are trying make money doing something illegal.

What are crimes?

They are:

1. theft
    2. assault
    3. domestic assault
    4. fraud
    5. drug crimes

Why is there so much crime and people in jail? There is a war on drugs.

Theft is a moral problem as much as a poverty problem.

Domestic Abuse isn't exactly a poverty problem.

Drug abuse isn't exactly a poverty problem.

Neither are the other drug crimes.

The rest of this is just a rant.

People think that "hug a thug" is the answer. Currently people think that all criminals have low self esteem. I beg to differ .... Some criminals have high self esteem for all intents and purposes. Anybody that thinks that what is yours is theirs, has high self esteem. That is what I was taught by the patriarchy.

From what I can gather about narcisists .... they are pretty messed up in the head. They have a messed up sense of self that fluctuates.

Psychopaths are odd. I'm not one so I can't explain that. But .... supposedly they are every where. Plenty of people should be able to explain better than me. Being .... that they are one.

The current people in the criminal justice system don't even distinguish between a sociopath and a psychopath. That is messed up.

All those misinformed people care about is hugging thugs and feminism. They aren't above skewing statistics either. They lie. I may have it wrong. I think they are idiots. It may be more sinister than that. I am likely the dumb one.

What is the candy coated benign under current of it all?

Idiots think it needs to be done lady like which is partially true. Criminals must be listened to access their feelings. We must all come to a consensus about our feelings and all crime will magically cease. If only we could get rid of all the toxic masculinity? especially the non-breeders? Save the babies everyone.

But ....There are fourth graders creating rules to make people do it lady like. There are white knights kissing fourth grade asses.

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    I disagree with your assumptions. Hers's why. 1st - have you read the Bell Curve?

I grew up with poverty all around. I know what it's like to have my belly button rub against my backbone.
    There were many more like me.

There are too many folks that created success though they were not born with a path to success.

We have what passes as poverty because we have a very healthy chunk of labor force dependent
    on it not having a successful outcome. They are enablers & you as an individual because of your
    views on the issue are an enabler of enablers.

I'll pose this question? If the drug scene were not so lucrative to LE do you think we hear anything
    on the subject? Would you think there is a solution to the drug problem? I do. If there were a 10%
    increase in drug related issues just lay off 10% of the cops. I believe they would quickly fix the issue
    or ignore it as they do today.

If you are short on the necessities of life seek employment, do a day's work, feed & tend those you
    have a responsibility for. We have denigrated the concept of "being a man".
    The war on drugs is clearly a money maker.