Re: is this a new trend in field trials - Page 3
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Re: is this a new trend in field trials

Gunner up I guess you know who the pro was and who the Amat was. I guess it is there practice? No I had a curiosity about the dog who ran the Amat national and the owner who ran dog at national. From this trial realized how it was done. Did not care about placement though I have some more investigation to do. Paul Young on his last post nailed it.
    Gentle in what you do. Firm in how you do it.

CH SILVERCREEK MURRAY SAMUEL (MURRAY) WDQ CGC MH, QAA2 2/16/00 - 12/26/12
    WESTWIND WHISPERING COVE (LARRY son of Murray) WDQ MH, QAA2 8/5/05-3/20/18
    LPK DELAWARE RIVER WHISPERING COVE, WDQ, QAA2, MH (SAVAGE SAM son of FC Chester MH)
    WESTWIND WHISPERING COVE JAY QAA, MH (Larry's son and Murray's grandson)

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by moscowitz View Post
    Gunner up I guess you know who the pro was and who the Amat was. I guess it is there practice? No I had a curiosity about the dog who ran the Amat national and the owner who ran dog at national. From this trial realized how it was done. Did not care about placement though I have some more investigation to do. Paul Young on his last post nailed it.
    Mike, before you go all Inspector Clouseau on us I will fill you in on the rest of the story.

Last Spring Seth Kelly and Myself were asked to judge the Amateur @ the Maine Ret. Club August Trial and we agreed. A few months later we were informed that another judge had been acquired for the Amateur stake and the club would like to have Seth judge the minor stakes. No worries, glad to help. When it came time to buy airfare my ticket was $1600 to fly from Oklahoma to Maine. The club wanted to deliberate on this but it didn't look like it was going to be economically feasible for the club. Some time goes by with me still listed as one of the AM judges when the club comes back and confirms it's not economically feasible for me to judge and they would like for Seth (much cheaper flight from Dallas) to judge Amateur. That's fine, but now Ron Root who has requested and taken vacation time, airfare, lodging, rental car, etc. can't run his dog in the Amateur because He & Seth were (past tense) co-owners on Ron's dog. Rules are rules and Ron decides he will still go to Maine and run his dog in the Open only. Since I'm not coming to judge and Ron doesn't have a dog to run in the Amateur I asked him if he would like to run my two. Jenny (dog that won AM & Open) owner was in Alaska at the time and made same offer to Ron. Side note, Ron used to own Jenny and sold her to current owner because at the time she wasn't performing. Ron agrees to run the three dogs for two friends in the Amateur. He ran the exact same trial all 35 other dog/handler teams did. Only thing is, on that weekend he did it better placing 1st and 4th. Keep in mind this ball got rolling because Seth and I were at the wrong place at the wrong time and agreed to judge a trial. Pretty underhanded & nefarious huh??????????

Now YOU get on a public forum and spew BS making serious accusations of cheating and un-sportsman like conduct. When in reality, you are showing poor sportsmanship by FABRICATING a story to defame and delegitimize a remarkable weekend (Open & Amateur Wins) and make excuses for your lack of success. If you would like you can PM with your apology but I would prefer and it would go much further if you made it public to all parties involved on this forum.

Thank you,

Rich Davis
    Official Launcher of the 2005, 2006,2007,2008,2009 & 2010 HRC Fall & Spring Grand!

A pro uses a person with amateur standing to run other individuals dogs to put AFCs on the dogs and also qualify them for the National Amateur Retriever Championship so that the owners can run the National. And at the same time this Amateur Individual has his own dog but does not run it in the Amateur but runs it in the open when he is running the other dogs in the Amateur?”

No mention of cheating just mention of qualifying a dog for National and putting an AFC on a dog. No mention of anything about the judging. I will apologize publicly if the owner of the dog qualified it for the 2019 Natioanl Amateur. And if I stated anything about the judging. But please tell me from my original statement where I mentioned the judging or anything about the judging? When last I looked at the 2019 Amat National Woody Woodson owned and handled said dog at Nationals .
    Last edited by moscowitz; 08-11-2019 at 03:28 PM.

LPK DELAWARE RIVER WHISPERING COVE, WDQ, QAA2, MH (SAVAGE SAM son of FC Chester MH)

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

I’ll tell you what Rich Davis write me up to the AKC for unsportsmanlike behavior and let them make the determination. That’s fair.

Quote Originally Posted by moscowitz View Post
    A pro uses a person with amateur standing to run other individuals dogs to put AFCs on the dogs and also qualify them for the National Amateur Retriever Championship so that the owners can run the National. And at the same time this Amateur Individual has his own dog but does not run it in the Amateur but runs it in the open when he is running the other dogs in the Amateur?”

No mention of cheating just mention of qualifying a dog for National and putting an AFC on a dog. No mention of anything about the judging. I will apologize publicly if the owner of the dog qualified it for the 2019 Natioanl Amateur. And if I stated anything about the judging. But please tell me from my original statement where I mentioned the judging or anything about the judging? When last I looked at the 2019 Amat National Woody Woodson owned and handled said dog at Nationals .
    Mike,

Do you take your tin foil hat off when you come inside? No one and especially the Pro is getting anyone to run dogs for other individuals to title or qualify dogs for the National.

I think your real motive in spewing these accusations and creating conspiracy theories is becoming clear. You are butt hurt that Woody changed breeds and now has a dog that qualified for a National. Envy is such an ugly sin. Control what you can control, quit jousting with windmills, and quit worrying about others and you will find the game so much more enjoyable.
    Official Launcher of the 2005, 2006,2007,2008,2009 & 2010 HRC Fall & Spring Grand!

Quote Originally Posted by Gunners Up View Post
    Mike, before you go all Inspector Clouseau on us I will fill you in on the rest of the story.

Last Spring Seth Kelly and Myself were asked to judge the Amateur @ the Maine Ret. Club August Trial and we agreed. A few months later we were informed that another judge had been acquired for the Amateur stake and the club would like to have Seth judge the minor stakes. No worries, glad to help. When it came time to buy airfare my ticket was $1600 to fly from Oklahoma to Maine. The club wanted to deliberate on this but it didn't look like it was going to be economically feasible for the club. Some time goes by with me still listed as one of the AM judges when the club comes back and confirms it's not economically feasible for me to judge and they would like for Seth (much cheaper flight from Dallas) to judge Amateur. That's fine, but now Ron Root who has requested and taken vacation time, airfare, lodging, rental car, etc. can't run his dog in the Amateur because He & Seth were (past tense) co-owners on Ron's dog. Rules are rules and Ron decides he will still go to Maine and run his dog in the Open only. Since I'm not coming to judge and Ron doesn't have a dog to run in the Amateur I asked him if he would like to run my two. Jenny (dog that won AM & Open) owner was in Alaska at the time and made same offer to Ron. Side note, Ron used to own Jenny and sold her to current owner because at the time she wasn't performing. Ron agrees to run the three dogs for two friends in the Amateur. He ran the exact same trial all 35 other dog/handler teams did. Only thing is, on that weekend he did it better placing 1st and 4th. Keep in mind this ball got rolling because Seth and I were at the wrong place at the wrong time and agreed to judge a trial. Pretty underhanded & nefarious huh??????????

Now YOU get on a public forum and spew BS making serious accusations of cheating and un-sportsman like conduct. When in reality, you are showing poor sportsmanship by FABRICATING a story to defame and delegitimize a remarkable weekend (Open & Amateur Wins) and make excuses for your lack of success. If you would like you can PM with your apology but I would prefer and it would go much further if you made it public to all parties involved on this forum.

Thank you,

Rich Davis
    OMG Man, grow some thicker skin for god sake. Big F'in deal some person asks a question about something in the FT game!!!! Crap like this is what pushes people away. Someones feelings get some what stepped on and the tears start streaming. Thank CHRIST I'm getting out of this game!!! And this time I am never ever coming back.

What possible negative impact could the OP have on your life? GEEZ
    Last edited by Reginald; 08-11-2019 at 05:20 PM.
    ROCK CHALK

Rich Davis I can assure you no envy. I’m a very low in the field trial platform. Getting to the second series, the third series and even the fourth for a jam is all I can vision. FC/AFC Nationals only in my dreams. I just love running my dogs and watching great dogs and great handlers. But I do have one question.

I can only go by what documents say. So when I look up FC Midway’s Aventador SR 79655609 I come up with this and I still don’t understand:

April 20, 2018 Tulsa Retriever Club 4th Amat owner Woody Woodson; Handler Ron Root
    Oct 12, 2018 Acadians Retriever Club 2nd place Owner Amat ; owners Ron Root, Mike Wharton; Handler Mike Wharton
    ( how does that happen when April comes before October and Woody is the owner and this is an owner Amat )
    March 1st 2019 Professional Retriever Trainer’s Association North Texas DOuble Header - owner Woody Woodson; Handler in Amat Ron Root
    Amat National owner Woody Woodson Handler Woody Woodson

Just a question you see how I can get confused because I only read this off entry express and I’m sure they made a mistake.

The information on EE can be submitted by more than one person and particularly in the case of co-ownership can appear inaccurate or contradictory. The only accurate arbiter for ownership questions is The American Kennel Club. I have no personal knowledge of this specific incident but since the accused parties run the same circuit I run I will attest that nothing nefarious or illegal occurred. I consider Rich, Ron, and Seth friends and know them to be good citizens who exhibit good sportsmanship. Their group has been very helpful at our undermanned field trial.

This thread has taken an ugly turn. It has become personal with accusations and finger pointing. We live in a very small field trial world and it behooves us all to take such disputes private or if the evidence supports illegality filling a formal complaint with The American Kennel Club.

EDA I was accused of unsportsmanlike behavior so I think that they should file a complaint against me and this can be resolved through a hearing. At this hearing I would suspect that I would be allowed due process. I will await the complaint from AKC. In the mean time I will prepare my case. Some collateral issues may arise. We will see.

This thread should be deleted.