The Confession
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Confession

Default The Confession

Well, they can't go on continuing to deny "no Quid Pro Quo". Too many have stepped forward and placed that lie as fully exposed.

So now, the defense is, "so what!"

Mulvaney admitted to the Quid Pro Quo. One which would benefit Trump's 2020 campaign, illegally.

Yes, Mick Mulvaney said, Mr. Trump withheld military aid from Ukraine, money that had been appropriated by Congress and was desperately needed to resist Russian aggression, in order to induce the government of Volodymyr Zelensky to investigate a conspiracy theory about the hacking of the Democratic National Committee (DNC) during the 2016 election. In other words, the president was using U.S. aid as leverage to advance his personal political agenda.

“We do that all the time with foreign policy,” Mr. Mulvaney said with stunning brazenness. “I have news for everybody: Get over it. There is going to be political influence in foreign policy.”
    Hours later, apparently realizing (or having been told) that confession might not be the most astute defense strategy, he tried to walk back his remarks, saying “there was absolutely no quid pro quo.” But his earlier statement could not have been clearer.
    The chief of staff’s declaration represented an about-face in the White House defense on the Ukraine affair. Until now, Mr. Trump’s main argument has been that the whistleblower who described his July 25 phone call with Mr. Zelensky and his subordination of U.S. diplomacy to his reelection campaign had gotten it all wrong: There was no quid pro quo. But testimony to Congress by half a dozen present and former State Department and White House officials, and a rough transcript of the phone call, have fully confirmed the whistleblower’s memo.

The new defense outlined by Mr. Mulvaney: Okay, we did it. So what?
    The chief of staff argued that every administration seeks concessions from foreign governments in exchange for aid or meetings with the president. That’s true — but the difference here is that Mr. Trump was demanding help for his personal political cause, not for the United States.
    "No figure, regardless of the heights they've reached and no figure regardless of the office they occupy, should be allowed in this country to cry witch hunt or fake news in an attempt to deflect their criminal wrongdoing."

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Pelosi has no choice but to impeach. Does she have the balls to do it? Well Franco?
    Reminds me of an old movie...
    "Trump 45 is the most powerful President in the world. He could blow the entire Democrat party away."
    You've got to ask yourself one question:
    "Do I feel lucky?"
    "Well do ya, punk?"
    DUCKDAWG'S MAC'S MAGICAL MR. OCTOBER SH -- Reggie

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Well, they can't go on continuing to deny "no Quid Pro Quo". Too many have stepped forward and placed that lie as fully exposed.

So now, the defense is, "so what!"

Mulvaney admitted to the Quid Pro Quo. One which would benefit Trump's 2020 campaign, illegally.

Yes, Mick Mulvaney said, Mr. Trump withheld military aid from Ukraine, money that had been appropriated by Congress and was desperately needed to resist Russian aggression, in order to induce the government of Volodymyr Zelensky to investigate a conspiracy theory about the hacking of the Democratic National Committee (DNC) during the 2016 election. In other words, the president was using U.S. aid as leverage to advance his personal political agenda.

“We do that all the time with foreign policy,” Mr. Mulvaney said with stunning brazenness. “I have news for everybody: Get over it. There is going to be political influence in foreign policy.”
    Hours later, apparently realizing (or having been told) that confession might not be the most astute defense strategy, he tried to walk back his remarks, saying “there was absolutely no quid pro quo.” But his earlier statement could not have been clearer.
    The chief of staff’s declaration represented an about-face in the White House defense on the Ukraine affair. Until now, Mr. Trump’s main argument has been that the whistleblower who described his July 25 phone call with Mr. Zelensky and his subordination of U.S. diplomacy to his reelection campaign had gotten it all wrong: There was no quid pro quo. But testimony to Congress by half a dozen present and former State Department and White House officials, and a rough transcript of the phone call, have fully confirmed the whistleblower’s memo.

The new defense outlined by Mr. Mulvaney: Okay, we did it. So what?
    The chief of staff argued that every administration seeks concessions from foreign governments in exchange for aid or meetings with the president. That’s true — but the difference here is that Mr. Trump was demanding help for his personal political cause, not for the United States.
    So you were watching CNN this afternoon too. Did you see it come across the screen, "Breaking news, White House admits to quid quo pro".

Now tell me something genius. Don't you believe Obama asked every ally and pressured any other country that wasn't but might be able to help us find Bin Laden?? Tell me what Obama would have said if an adviser told him that he should not find Bin Laden and kill him BECAUSE IT WOULD HELLP HIM POLITICALLY??? I can imagine what he would say if told "oh no don't do that. THAT IS QAUID PRO QUO!!"

I don't think we have ever had a president that would sacrifice foreign policy for personal gain and that includes Obama when he gave Iran that money. I think that he did it because he thought it was the right thing for our country. I say this even though I firmly believe her was wrong.

Like CNN YOU ARE NUTS!!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Pressure has always been exerted externally to further the National interests, that is the natural prerogative of power, however no US President in history until now has pressured a foreign power to help weaken domestic political opponents, please don’t pretend to be so stupid as to think that the two scenarios are equivalent.
    My concurrence is so vigorous that elucidation becomes a challenge I must now, in the interest of time, shrink from.

Roseberry

Quote Originally Posted by blind ambition View Post
    Pressure has always been exerted externally to further the National interests, that is the natural prerogative of power, however no US President in history until now has pressured a foreign power to help weaken domestic political opponents, please don’t pretend to be so stupid as to think that the two scenarios are equivalent.
    Please don't be so stupid to think that they went to the Ukrane bercause Biden decided to run as, like Meuller, they were there before that. Fact is that they are also in other countries. We shall see who was trying to "weaken a domestic politicsal opponent" in 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    So you were watching CNN this afternoon too. Did you see it come across the screen, "Breaking news, White House admits to quid quo pro".

Now tell me something genius. Don't you believe Obama asked every ally and pressured any other country that wasn't but might be able to help us find Bin Laden?? Tell me what Obama would have said if an adviser told him that he should not find Bin Laden and kill him BECAUSE IT WOULD HELLP HIM POLITICALLY??? I can imagine what he would say if told "oh no don't do that. THAT IS QAUID PRO QUO!!"

I don't think we have ever had a president that would sacrifice foreign policy for personal gain and that includes Obama when he gave Iran that money. I think that he did it because he thought it was the right thing for our country. I say this even though I firmly believe her was wrong.

Like CNN YOU ARE NUTS!!!
    BA did a good job of answering you.

I'll add this quote; "but the difference here is that Mr. Trump was demanding help for his personal political cause, not for the United States."

Just to demonstrate how foolish Trump's defender are, they want make his ridiculous conspiracy theory credible! It has already been disproven but they continue to hold unto it because they have no other defense!

Now, the Administration is asking people not to believe in what they heard and saw. There is a word for that, it's called gaslighting! That disease runs rampant among the Trump cult.
    "No figure, regardless of the heights they've reached and no figure regardless of the office they occupy, should be allowed in this country to cry witch hunt or fake news in an attempt to deflect their criminal wrongdoing."

Blindy, if a company installs an unqualified individual on its board, it behaves "stupidly". If a company pays an unqualified board member exorbitant amounts of money to sit on its board it again, behaves "stupidly".

If a company under investigation for corruptions does both these things for someone with political power and influence, maybe it's not behaving so "stupidly". Then when the person in possession of the political power and influence exerts its power publicly for the benefit of the company that appeared initially to behave "stupidly", logic follows that they were behaving absolutely contrary to "stupidity" all along.

I don't know if anything the Bidens have done is illegal but it is, without a doubt in my mind, corrupt. But in my experience big companies rarely behave "stupidly".

Who will investigate this corruption for me? Our free press? Did you listen to the way anderson cooper of cnn and our free press prefaced his question to biden on the matter when moderating the debate? When I listen to cooper I am assured that he's not bringing me any investigation of the biden's corruption. Unfortunately he is no different than the rest of our free press.

Where does this leave me? Probably the same place as trump. If I will ever know the depth of the biden abuse of power in Ukraine, then, I must depend on Ukraine because no one here is going to help. How can a press so interested in trump's character be so nonchalant with others'?

Knowing what biden did as vp will predict what he will do as p. Regardless of source, I am interested. For one not to care is stupid.

From cooper-
    "President Trump has falsely accused your son of doing something wrong while serving on a company board if Ukraine,” Cooper said to Biden. “I want to point out there’s no evidence of wrongdoing by either one of you.”
    Last edited by roseberry; 10-18-2019 at 08:28 AM.
    john mccallie

cornbread and ice tea 's took the place of pills and 90 proof

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    BA did a good job of answering you.

I'll add this quote; "but the difference here is that Mr. Trump was demanding help for his personal political cause, not for the United States."

Just to demonstrate how foolish Trump's defender are, they want make his ridiculous conspiracy theory credible! It has already been disproven but they continue to hold unto it because they have no other defense!

Now, the Administration is asking people not to believe in what they heard and saw. There is a word for that, it's called gaslighting! That disease runs rampant among the Trump cult.
    Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    Blindy, if a company installs an unqualified individual on its board, it behaves "stupidly". If a company pays an unqualified board member exorbitant amounts of money to sit on its board it again, behaves "stupidly".

If a company under investigation for corruptions does both these things for someone with political power and influence, maybe it's not behaving so "stupidly". Then when the person in possession of the political power and influence exerts its power publicly for the benefit of the company that appeared initially to behave "stupidly", logic follows that they were behaving absolutely contrary to "stupidity" all along.

I don't know if anything the Bidens have done is illegal but it is, without a doubt in my mind, corrupt. But in my experience big companies rarely behave "stupidly".

Who will investigate this corruption for me? Our free press? Did you listen to the way anderson cooper of cnn and our free press prefaced his question to biden on the matter when moderating the debate? When I listen to cooper I am assured that he's not bringing me any investigation of the biden's corruption. Unfortunately he is no different than the rest of our free press.

Where does this leave me? Probably the same place as trump. If I will ever know the depth of the biden abuse of power in Ukraine, then, I must depend on Ukraine because no one here is going to help. How can a press so interested in trump's character be so nonchalant with others'?

Knowing what biden did as vp will predict what he will do as p. Regardless of source, I am interested. For one not to care is stupid.

From cooper-
    "President Trump has falsely accused your son of doing something wrong while serving on a company board if Ukraine,” Cooper said to Biden. “I want to point out there’s no evidence of wrongdoing by either one of you.”
    Great post roseberry, much better said that I. The dims are good at deflection. Here they change the word "corruption" to the word "dirt". When Clinton was Presidernt they changed the word "perjury" to the word "sex". I will hand it to them. It has kept the Republicans off their game. They also claim that this is an attack against a political opponent. Guiliani has said that they have been investigating the corruption and meddling in the 2016 election long before Biden even thought about running. By the way, what ever happened to the claim that " NO ON IS ABOVE THE LAW, NOT EVEN THE PRESIDENT"(I assume that also applies to the Vice President even if he now is a private citizen). Also the dims like to say that "if he is innocent then what does he have to fear"??? You are also right about another thing. They always seem to deflect from the truth and excoriate the source and claim they are "VICTIMS"!! Same thing with the DNC emails. Wickieleaks was the evil and DNC was the victim.

One question for any here?? Who the hell serves these subpoenas that the Congress supposedly issues and who the hell issues a warrant if ignored??? Who the hell enforces such warrants??

Franco, why don't you admit that the Shiff investigation has no similarity to a grand jury and such a claim is hogwash and would be call lying by you if done to a democrat?

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post

From cooper-
    Investigations begin with evidence of wrong doing.

Neither Trump nor Giuliani have put forth one iota of evidence as to any wrong doing.

The matter has already been investigated by the US, the EU and the IMF. What the con-artist Trump wants is for his cult to believe his claims over the rest of everyone that has investigated the matter, including the Ukraine.

Now, he wants the Ukraine to find the DNC server! Talk about crazy. Trump like most of his cult believe in the most outrageous conspiracy known to man!

Stop with the craziness already!

How many times do they have to change their story as to what they did before you begin to see the light?

The EU(what's their dog in the fight), the IMF(an acronym some here may find amusing you used) and the US.

When I asked "who investigated this", Mike's reply was, and I paraphrase and post this respectfully, "well I should have said...."

Are you as a libertarian satisfied with the investigations of things bu groups as nebulous and corrupt as "US", "IMF" and "EU".

Who investigated it, what did their reports say? Got a copy?
    Last edited by roseberry; 10-18-2019 at 03:39 PM.
    john mccallie

cornbread and ice tea 's took the place of pills and 90 proof