Time For NFL Predictions - Page 4
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Time For NFL Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by drunkenpoacher View Post
    Well it is Franco's thread and you know he can't go more than a short paragraph without expressing a little Trump hate or contempt for those that don't hate Trump enough.
    If you are offended by what Franco said, ask yourself, is it because it was true?

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    If you are offended by what Franco said, ask yourself, is it because it was true?
    I wasn't, why would I be?
    If you are offended by what is said, ask yourself, is it because it was true?

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    The Trump cult will believe anything that feeds their prejudices.

"
    These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage conservative causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Right Bias sources.

• Overall, we rate Standpoint Magazine Right Biased due to word and story choices that favor the Right and mixed factually due to poor sourcing.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/standpoint-magazine/
    Nearly everyone tends to believe what feeds their prejudices, its just plain easy to do. However there is a huge difference in how many people develop their prejudices, some develop over a lifetime of experiences and observations, and then their are those who fall into a herd type mentality. Every party has both. Unfortunately the herd mentality applies to nearly 3/4 of the population, with society ever increasingly structured to fit them better at the expense of those more introspective.

While there is no doubt a "Trump cult", it is also undeniable that there is an anti Trump cult. I personally do not think cults are good for anyone, and you have every appearance of being in one. You are only capable of regurgitating what fits your prejudices and cannot grasp that this president has possibly done some good for this country, just like the last did "some" good too.

I also predict that if there are players who keep the political foray going, viewership will continue to drop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0KYU2j0TM4 Hmm maybe the increase of group think is what has led to group shootings.....

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    Or, perhaps, you could follow your own lead and ask yourself if it's because it was not true?

I would like to see the Vikings get to the SB, and add to their legacy!
    Stan b & Elvis

So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory, the MOMENT." ~ Aldo Leopold

Given that we know Trumps impeachment is imminent, I wonder if his criticism of kapernick, for leaving his spot on the bench to get on his knee, will be included in the articles of impeachment.
    Last edited by drunkenpoacher; 08-21-2019 at 09:39 AM.
    If you are offended by what is said, ask yourself, is it because it was true?

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Or, perhaps, you could follow your own lead and ask yourself if it's because it was not true?

I would like to see the Vikings get to the SB, and add to their legacy!
    They are due. It was nice to watch them get frog stomped by the Eagles in the NFC Championship, but I'm really thinking about how much I would enjoy it if they made it to the big game before letting their fans down.

What are your thoughts on Rodgers and Co this season?
    Lucas Nogelmeier
    Don't train to get it right, train to never get it wrong

Quote Originally Posted by nogie1717 View Post
    They are due. It was nice to watch them get frog stomped by the Eagles in the NFC Championship, but I'm really thinking about how much I would enjoy it if they made it to the big game before letting their fans down.

What are your thoughts on Rodgers and Co this season?
    I don't know.
    He hasn't played yet.

MN has some good RBs.

I'd love to see them lose to K.C. in the SB.

Detroit wins the NFC North?

Rodgers plays poorly, blames everyone else.

Tribisky made carry da bearers

I doubt it though
    Stan b & Elvis

So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory, the MOMENT." ~ Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    If you look through all the responces to this post you will see that most responded with the same general anti NFL comments as I did! The reason I posted on this site, if you must know is that I am disappointed that some one like you would actually support a bunch of Rich, Spoiled, Atheletes, that feel the need to disrespect our flag and the fans that support their game! But then, you already knew that! So why the heck do you care if I post or not?
    Not most. Just a few who cannot have a discussion without espousing their political views. You are right, why do I care! It is your right to believe what you want believe. And my right to have my own thoughts. I never understood why we sing the National Anthem at sporting events that are private businesses. Why not play the anthem at movies, plays, business meetings, etc.. Its not a national team, government or military event.

My predictions for the upcoming season:

1. Lower Attendance
    2. Lower TV Ratings
    3. Fewer CK sightings
    4. Continued Zeke Elliott holdout
    5. An abundance of Aaron Rogers arrogance
    6. Colin Cowturd continues to mention Labron James name at least once per show
    I used to be M&Ks Retrievers but for some reason I could no longer post. Ya think the mods trying to tell me something?

Quote Originally Posted by rboudet View Post
    Not most. Just a few who cannot have a discussion without espousing their political views. You are right, why do I care! It is your right to believe what you want believe. And my right to have my own thoughts. I never understood why we sing the National Anthem at sporting events that are private businesses. Why not play the anthem at movies, plays, business meetings, etc.. Its not a national team, government or military event.
    At the time I posted my last post, it was MOST!

Why do we even have a Flag, National Anthem, Pledge of Allegiance, etc.etc. I am sure you could spend some time and find someone who would"define' why and when on the internet, which may or may not be factual...

To me it is all about 'Tradition'! We used to consider being patriotic a positive virtue.... not so much anymore! These symbolic traditions, in and of themselves, are not a big deal, but the pride and patriotism they represent is foundational to our countries long-term success. I think it is sad, and when coupled with the Governmental corruption and the overall breakdown of our educational system, over the last 50 years.... I think our country is at risk, and the long-term outlook is not good! I probably will not live long enough to see it all happen, but I fear it will be difficult times and may not end up in favor of our country or our citizens. I fear for my kids and Grandkids...they deserve more, but my generation and those after, have let them down...I pray I am wrong; I fear I am right!