Immigration Again - Page 2
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: Immigration Again

  1. #11
    Senior Member swampcollielover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    3,803

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    Last night on the local news it was reported that 33 dead illegal aliens have been found in the ranch country of ONE county so far this year. Our temperatures have been in the triple digits for several weeks now with heat indices above 110 or higher most days. We are in drought conditions, and it is pretty easy to get lost in the brush country. The stock tanks are drying up, and if one runs out of water, one is in real trouble. That's somehting that doesn't hit the national news.
    I hate hearing that, you folks that rely on Mother Nature to keep yourselves and your stock healthy deserve better. I grew up in a cattle town in the mountains of Colorado. I recall our Ranch kids would not be in school when we had long periods of extremely cold weather (-20 to -40). They worked with the family to keep their stock watered and fed! It was not pretty many times as the snowfall and cold temps that followed, made it all manual work...many cattle did not make it during those years.

    I hope you have a break in the weather....Good Luck and God Bless

  2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #12
    Senior Member roseberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Alabama
    Posts
    4,371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    Mid eighties Minnesota strengthened laws in regards to businesses selling to minors, and I can say without a doubt it "helped"...…….stores that before happily sold cigarettes and booze to minors suddenly began carding, not saying kids didn't find alternatives, but strengthening the laws worked. So yes, cracking down on businesses that knowingly and happily profit off of illegals is "part" of the solution.
    Did you look at the picture mn? Have you listened to the rhetoric? Aside from temp farm labor there are few small to medium size businesses "looking to profit" from hiring illegals.(you called them illegals, right?)

    Ok let's go through a few more incentives:
    -The right to vote in local elections is some cities already
    -Free education through high school often in natives languages
    -Earned Income Tax Credit refunds, increased with 2018 tax cut that "only benefits the wealthy"
    -Refundable Child Tax Credit new with 2018 tax cut that.....
    -Free college education for all(I can get a picture of this too)
    -Drivers licenses/picture ID available universally
    -Oh and if you (illegals) didn't file in the last three years, don't worry about it, there are no penalties and interest, just file and we'll be glad to give you three years of tax credit refunds
    -No new walls, few new resources, help across if hot or thirsty or drowning, shelter and release immediately into our country not yours

    I didnt offer any one of the above incentives, but gosh darn it, let's "crack down" on ol' rose if didn't run an e-verify. Especially since ol' rose's federal government is doing everything they can muster to transplant these people into our communities.

    You are a funny guy, but that is some of the funniest stuff you have ever come up with!
    Last edited by roseberry; 08-29-2019 at 06:56 PM.
    john mccallie

    cornbread and ice tea 's took the place of pills and 90 proof

  4. #13
    Senior Member HPL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Coastal Bend of Texas
    Posts
    5,061

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    Mid eighties Minnesota strengthened laws in regards to businesses selling to minors, and I can say without a doubt it "helped"...…….stores that before happily sold cigarettes and booze to minors suddenly began carding, not saying kids didn't find alternatives, but strengthening the laws worked. So yes, cracking down on businesses that knowingly and happily profit off of illegals is "part" of the solution.
    I agree, itis part of the solution.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

    Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

    Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

    www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

  5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements
     

  6. #14
    Senior Member HPL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Coastal Bend of Texas
    Posts
    5,061

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    I hate hearing that, you folks that rely on Mother Nature to keep yourselves and your stock healthy deserve better. I grew up in a cattle town in the mountains of Colorado. I recall our Ranch kids would not be in school when we had long periods of extremely cold weather (-20 to -40). They worked with the family to keep their stock watered and fed! It was not pretty many times as the snowfall and cold temps that followed, made it all manual work...many cattle did not make it during those years.

    I hope you have a break in the weather....Good Luck and God Bless
    Fortunately I don't farm or ranch, but I know plenty who do. The ranchers are beginning to hurt. It's almost all dry land farming around here. We had a pretty wet winter and spring, so I think most of the farmers did OK. Just about all the cotton is harvested and it looked pretty good to me. Corn and milo have been harvested for at least a month. Now it's time go get some rain. We really need a tropical depression up to about a class two hurricane to come roaring in about 30 miles south of us so we get the wet side.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

    Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

    Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

    www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

  7. #15
    Member dogdaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Harrisburg,MO
    Posts
    75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    Did you look at the picture mn? Have you listened to the rhetoric? Aside from temp farm labor there are few small to medium size businesses "looking to profit" from hiring illegals.(you called them illegals, right?)

    Ok let's go through a few more incentives:
    -The right to vote in local elections is some cities already
    -Free education through high school often in natives languages
    -Earned Income Tax Credit refunds, increased with 2018 tax cut that "only benefits the wealthy"
    -Refundable Child Tax Credit new with 2018 tax cut that.....
    -Free college education for all(I can get a picture of this too)
    -Drivers licenses/picture ID available universally
    -Oh and if you (illegals) didn't file in the last three years, don't worry about it, there are no penalties and interest, just file and we'll be glad to give you three years of tax credit refunds
    -No new walls, few new resources, help across if hot or thirsty or drowning, shelter and release immediately into our country not yours

    I didnt offer any one of the above incentives, but gosh darn it, let's "crack down" on ol' rose if didn't run an e-verify. Especially since ol' rose's federal government is doing everything they can muster to transplant these people into our communities.

    You are a funny guy, but that is some of the funniest stuff you have ever come up with!
    1: States and cities have always run their own elections, better than the feds!
    2: 80+% K-12 education is paid for by local taxes, which virtually everyone pays. Renters pay the property tax for the landlords and virtually everyone pays taxes on anything they buy.
    3: You have to have a social security number to get government assistance. Over 5 million undocumented have IDTN's(fed tax numbers) which anyone can get online from the IRS without documents so they can pay federal taxes.
    4: The child tax credit has been around for years. Anyone who pays federal taxes and has children can claim them. 5 million children of undocumented are legal US citizens.
    5: Since the majority are paying Fed,state, and local taxes maybe they should get the same benefits that their taxes are paying for!
    6: 24 states already issue drivers licenses to non-citizens as they have an obligation to make sure those who drive do so legally. Besides it is more money for state and local government.
    7: If you are getting a refund there is no penalty unless you wait beyond 3 years and then they keep anyone's refund. The feds give themselves 10 years to collect what you owe them. Happened to me years ago after handling my father's estate.
    8: Immigrants, both documented and non-documented in 2014 paid $324 billion in Fed, state, and local taxes. Those without a Social Security number will never get any of it back helping to keep the fund solvent for a few more years. "Ass, gas, or grass,no one rides for free"!
    9: Ice regulations clearly state that the employer has to be arrested before any of their undocumented employees are arrested. Deport or imprison the Koch brothers for hiring hundreds of these undocumented to send a message to both sides of the border and we might see numbers reduced.
    10: DHS web site clearly states that over two thirds of all undocumented came here legally with documents but did not leave when their visa's expired. Last year alone 680,000 stayed and the last five years over 3 million stayed.
    11: A non-partisan poll taken in Texas last year showed that the majority of Texan's do not favor deportation of these undocumented and they also feel they actually help their economy. Texas as well as the entire southwest was Spanish and then Mexican before Texas became a US territory hence all the Hispanic names of towns and counties there.!
    12: I have never been in favor of illegal immigration but also do not fault the asylum seekers who are truly fleeing desperate conditions desiring a provide a better life for their family, a trait virtually all adult Americans aspire to!
    I am called Dogdaddy by co-workers because of all the time missed at work due to dog activities.
    • GMPR SCL's CC Rider MH
    • SCL's Watermark Stella Blue SH
    "“Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak, it’s also what it takes to sit down and listen.”

  8. #16
    Senior Member HPL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Coastal Bend of Texas
    Posts
    5,061

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dogdaddy View Post
    1: A non-partisan poll taken in Texas last year showed that the majority of Texan's do not favor deportation of these undocumented and they also feel they actually help their economy. Texas as well as the entire southwest was Spanish and then Mexican before Texas became a US territory hence all the Hispanic names of towns and counties there.!
    12: I have never been in favor of illegal immigration but also do not fault the asylum seekers who are truly fleeing desperate conditions desiring a provide a better life for their family, a trait virtually all adult Americans aspire to!

    Must have taken that poll in Austin, the least Texas town IN Texas (Sort of the Berkley of Texas). I know almost no one who doesn't realize that uncontrolled immigration is an existential threat to the country as we know it.

    Not sure what your point is about the southwest having had a large Hispanic component before incorporation into the Union. All of the US had a 100% Native American population before the Europeans arrived. Do we want to run the country the way Native peoples were organized? The people streaming into the US across our southern border do NOT have the democratic traditions that we have. Rule of law is only an illusion in most Latin countries, and their culture is only slightly compatible with the traditions of the US. They are fleeing tyranny and economic hardship and bringing the very culture which created those conditions with them.

    Immigration is only positive when controlled and at a rate and under conditions which force assimilation. When the Irish flooded in, they already spole the language (a big advantage) and had at least some of the traditions that established the nation. When the Italians flooded in, they didn't have government programs in their home language to help them. They HAD to learn English and assimilate or starve. That is NOT the case today.


    AS to those seeking asylum, it seems to me that the rule is that one must seek asylum in the first country one gets to, not in one's absolute first choice.
    Last edited by HPL; 09-08-2019 at 01:45 PM.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

    Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

    Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

    www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

  9. #17
    Senior Member roseberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Alabama
    Posts
    4,371

    Default

    So........it is confirmed that everything I noted that our government offers as incentive for illegal immigration is accurate, AND MORE!






    My coworkers call me Daddy, because I am always there on Friday to pay them.
    john mccallie

    cornbread and ice tea 's took the place of pills and 90 proof

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •