Gen. James Mattis' New Book "Call Sign Chaos" - Page 4
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Gen. James Mattis' New Book "Call Sign Chaos"

Breck Girl
    Like most that you post, just babble! If you think of anything that involes thought, commentary, or critical thinking...let me know! Otherwise, have a nice life!

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

POOR Swampy, plays the victim almost as well as his cults' leader.

Took him months to overcome the tragedy of having to use a smelly portable potty at a hunt test.
    “The President, Vice President and all Civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.” U S Constitution
    This entire impeachment process is just going to be all about knocking down the most offensively stupid arguments from Trump supporters.

So I read the book - interesting read. I seriously doubt the OP did the same before posting.

Being deployed is not a weekend camping trip!

Both Bush's, Obama, Biden, Franks & Bremer are mentioned in not a good way.

Mattis was relieved of command of CENTCOM by Obama in 2012.

The negative MSM is mentioned as creating propaganda for the enemy.

NATO done right is essential.

Jordan & the UAE are loyal allies.

The last 2 paragraphs of a 245 page book + Appendix is devoted to his time as SECDEF.

Worthy read!

Please note - POTUS is cleaning up wars started by Bush II & Obama. None of these wars
    were started by POTUS. Both Bush II & Obama withdrew troops early against the advice
    of the military leaders & that's why we are where we are today.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Skills can be taught. Character is either there or it's not!

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    So I read the book - interesting read. I seriously doubt the OP did the same before posting.

Being deployed is not a weekend camping trip!

Both Bush's, Obama, Biden, Franks & Bremer are mentioned in not a good way.

Mattis was relieved of command of CENTCOM by Obama in 2012.

The negative MSM is mentioned as creating propaganda for the enemy.

NATO done right is essential.

Jordan & the UAE are loyal allies.

The last 2 paragraphs of a 245 page book + Appendix is devoted to his time as SECDEF.

Worthy read!

Please note - POTUS is cleaning up wars started by Bush II & Obama. None of these wars
    were started by POTUS. Both Bush II & Obama withdrew troops early against the advice
    of the military leaders & that's why we are where we are today.
    Thanks for the post Marvin. One thing for sure is that no one agrees on foreign policy. Who would have believed that?

You and I have seen a lot of US wars. While not remembering WWII, I can only remember two that might be called a victory. Reagan's war over Granada and the first Iraq war by GHW Bush. The rest, I cannot see that they were any benefit to the US. We have had about 60 years of these wars and it is about time we change our foreign policy or we will not survive.

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    Thanks for the post Marvin. One thing for sure is that no one agrees on foreign policy. Who would have believed that?

You and I have seen a lot of US wars. While not remembering WWII, I can only remember two that might be called a victory. Reagan's war over Granada and the first Iraq war by GHW Bush. The rest, I cannot see that they were any benefit to the US. We have had about 60 years of these wars and it is about time we change our foreign policy or we will not survive.
    I remember WWII. 1 relative island hopped through the Pacific as an infantry SGT. 2 other were in Europe BotB as officers.
    They never talked much about their service time.

What I do remember is that the krauts had really nice material in their officer uniforms & the Japanese were not up to snuff
    on manufacturing. 3 rifles brought home could not be disassembled at the same time as it became a lesson in fitup to get
    them reassembled. War souvenirs!

I'm tired of us being the policeman for the world. I agree with Trump, hit them economically.

They talk of how well South Korea is doing. Nearly 70 years ago & we still have 20,000 troops stationed there. That's my nickel
    that's being spent.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Skills can be taught. Character is either there or it's not!

We are the policemen for the world in large part of our own volition. The military industrial complex is so deeply rooted in both parties and the media that I don't see it ending anytime soon. Wonder how long it would take us to pay off the debt if we just cut the portion of defense spending that goes towards these overseas conflicts and paid that money towards the debt? At some point, we are going to have to pay the piper.
    Last edited by bamajeff; 10-17-2019 at 03:45 PM.
    HRCH Laney's Chocolate Roux MH QAA
    HRCH Full Steam Coaltrain RIP

Caryalsobrook and Marvin S....I share your time line and interest in our history. My late Father was a foot soldier in Pattons army! He was wounded around Dooseldorf, Germany on 4/16/45! Almost made it to the end of the war in Europe. He recoverd from his wounds and lived a full life. Like most in that generation he talked little about his time in the service right up until he was 65. I got him a book called the Order of Battle, WWII. In is he read where his unit was during the fighting and the very end of the war. He then started making notes in the book, where he remembered certain events...in time I had him writing down all he could remember. He died at 69 and I still miss him every day, but I am proud of what he did and I have spent a lot of time finding more details on his unit. The internet has been a wonderful tool for that.

Most of my reading has been focused on the Revolutionary War, the Civil War, and WWI and WWII. I find it all facinating.

As you know from my earlier posts, I am against any more wars that do not have an end game! To many find men and women have died or been wounded...with little to show for it!

Nuff Said...
    Last edited by swampcollielover; 10-17-2019 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    Caryalsobrook and Marvin S....I share your time line and interest in our history. My late Father was a foot soldier in Pattons army! He was wounded around Dooseldorf, Germany on 4/16/45! Almost made it to the end of the war in Europe. He recoverd from his wounds and lived a full life. Like most in that generation he talked little about his time in the service right up until he was 65. I got him a book called the Order of Battle, WWII. In is he read where his unit was during the fighting and the very end of the war. He then started making notes in the book, where he remembered certain events...in time I had him writing down all he could remember. He died at 69 and I still miss him every day, but I am proud of what he did and I have spent a lot of time finding more details on his unit. The internet has been a wonderful tool for that.

Most of my reading has been focused on the Revolutionary War, the Civil War, and WWI and WWII. I find it all facinating.

As you know from my earlier posts, I am against any more wars that do not have an end game! To many find men and women have died or been wounded...with little to show for it!

Nuff Said...
    swampy, I have come to the opinion that any conflict we enter, we should make them think Generals Patton and Sherman were choir boys and then we should come home and let them figure out how to rebuild. nuf said

Got to love the way Gen. Mattis is handling the insults from Trump.

Rather than get down in the gutter with Trump. the good General opted for these two;

General James Mattis: ‘I Earned My Spurs on the Battlefield,’ Trump Got His Spurs ‘From the Doctor’

Former Secretary of Defense James Mattis on Thursday laughed off the news that President Donald Trump had called him "the world's most overrated general," joking that he's not just an overrated general, but the greatest overrated general.

"So I would just tell you, I'm honored to be considered that by Donald Trump because he also called Meryl Streep an overrated actress," Mattis said at the annual Alfred E. Smith Memorial Foundation Dinner in New York. "So I guess I'm the Meryl Streep of generals and frankly that sounds pretty good to me."

Trump said he fired Gen Mattis because he wasn't tough enough on ISIS.

Must be why Trump has allowed for several thousand ISIS fighters to escape the jails our once Kurdish allies where holding them in!
    “The President, Vice President and all Civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.” U S Constitution
    This entire impeachment process is just going to be all about knocking down the most offensively stupid arguments from Trump supporters.

Franky....64.972 million of us voted for the President in 2016 (in all the right states), we all think he is fit to lead! Get Over It! It will be more of us voting for him in 2020, as Dem's, new voters, and many more minorities now recognize what he has done and is doing for America...

Nuff Said!
    Last edited by swampcollielover; 10-20-2019 at 04:02 PM.