Gen. James Mattis' New Book "Call Sign Chaos"
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gen. James Mattis' New Book "Call Sign Chaos"

Default Gen. James Mattis' New Book "Call Sign Chaos"

All of the adults have left the Administration.

"
    Washington (CNN)Former Defense Secretary James Mattis, who resigned last year citing irreconcilable policy differences with President Donald Trump, on Wednesday rejected Trump's preference for American isolationism, writing in a new essay that the US is "at increasing risk in the world" when it doesn't embrace its allies.

In an essay that was adapted from his forthcoming book, "Call Sign Chaos: Learning to Lead," a portion of which was published in The Wall Street Journal, the retired Marine Corps general also said he stepped down in December when he thought his advice was no longer valid in Trump's eyes, writing, "I did as well as I could for as long as I could."
    Although Mattis doesn't mention Trump by name, it's clear he's referring to the commander in chief, making the essay another public rebuke of the President over what Mattis sees as the importance of maintaining US alliances and engagement around the world. Mattis' views were shared after he left the administration.

"

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/28/polit...KtNLwLGUfyO_Vs

When it comes to Trump, it is increasingly difficult to distinguish between a political strategy and a nervous breakdown. His tweeted trash talk, his incoherent conspiracy theories and his shameless embrace of sleaziness are not the signs of a healthy mind.

You donít need to be a Democrat to appreciate the impeachment of Trump. You just have to be a patriot.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

One of the more poignant quotes from Gen. James "Mad Dog" Mattis.

" I found the President to be of limited cognitive ability and of generally dubious character."
    When it comes to Trump, it is increasingly difficult to distinguish between a political strategy and a nervous breakdown. His tweeted trash talk, his incoherent conspiracy theories and his shameless embrace of sleaziness are not the signs of a healthy mind.

You donít need to be a Democrat to appreciate the impeachment of Trump. You just have to be a patriot.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    One of the more poignant quotes from Gen. James "Mad Dog" Mattis.

" I found the President to be of limited cognitive ability and of generally dubious character."
    Yeah, Duh!!
    What's obvious to anyone else will go right over those Afflicted with TDS

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

There is a good reason POTUS sits at the head of the "Chain Of Command".
    Last edited by Marvin S; 08-29-2019 at 04:40 PM.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Skills can be taught. Character is either there or it's not!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    There is a good reson POTUS sits at the head of the "Cahin Of Command".
    What does Cahin mean?
    My concurrence is so vigorous that elucidation becomes a challenge I must now, in the interest of time, shrink from.

Roseberry

Quote Originally Posted by blind ambition View Post
    What does Cahin mean?
    Don't you know; Cahin (died 1503) was a corrupt French nobleman and a member of the Templar Order who dressed in the costume of a harlequin.

I'm still trying to figure out what reson means.

"There is a good reson POTUS sits at the head of the "Cahin Of Command".

Don’t make fun, I think it might be an acronym for a branch of the military which, innocently, Marvin omitted full caps on all the letters. Does CAHIN mean anything?

I share with you and others the confusion engendered by Marvin’s post. Regardless of Cahin’s or CAHIN ‘s meaning, the context in which James Mad Dog Mattis, military hero, applauded by every patriot and Trump supporter upon hearing of his appointment to cabinet, might make any negative commentary on leadership since resigning which would elicit Marvin’s response suggesting that it was a good thing that the POTUS sit at the head of anything (meaning yet to be determined) is indeed a mystery.

Clarification is required.
    Last edited by blind ambition; 08-29-2019 at 11:47 PM.
    My concurrence is so vigorous that elucidation becomes a challenge I must now, in the interest of time, shrink from.

Roseberry

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    There is a good reason POTUS sits at the head of the "Chain Of Command".
    What does Cahin mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Don't you know; Cahin (died 1503) was a corrupt French nobleman and a member of the Templar Order who dressed in the costume of a harlequin.

I'm still trying to figure out what reson means.

"There is a good reson POTUS sits at the head of the "Cahin Of Command".
    Donít make fun, I think it might be an acronym for a branch of the military which, innocently, Marvin omitted full caps on all the letters. Does CAHIN mean anything?

I share with you and others the confusion engendered by Marvinís post. Regardless of Cahinís or CAHIN Ďs meaning, the context in which James Mad Dog Mattis, military hero, applauded by every patriot and Trump supporter upon hearing of his appointment to cabinet, might make any negative commentary on leadership since resigning which would elicit Marvinís response suggesting that it was a good thing that the POTUS sit at the head of anything (meaning yet to be determined) is indeed a mystery.

Clarification is required.
    I believe the word was "Chain" and was a simple typographal error, similar to those that most of us here, have made. I might even say that the both of you, have also made a similar mistake. I must admit that it took me longer to read your posts than to understand the real meaning of Marvin's statement.

What a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    I believe the word was "Chain" and was a simple typographal error, similar to those that most of us here, have made. I might even say that the both of you, have also made a similar mistake. I must admit that it took me longer to read your posts than to understand the real meaning of Marvin's statement.

What a waste of time.
    No substance, ever.
    Just insults, memes and condescending diatribe!

They have no argument for Marvins point, so they attack a typo.
    It's who they are, it's what they do.
    Last edited by road kill; 08-30-2019 at 09:24 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory, the MOMENT." ~ Aldo Leopold

The primary response from Tigerlilly and Franky are actually simple minded Deflections....as noted below!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talkefence_mechanism/...
    Deflection is a method of changing a subject that is or mightbe painful. Commonest methods of deflection are: Humor and Anger. These are thetwo commonest methods of deflecting people away from difficult subjects.Alcoholics frequently combine deflection and projection through the use ofanger and hostility.