The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gen. James Mattis' New Book "Call Sign Chaos"

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    No substance, ever.
    Just insults, memes and condescending diatribe!

They have no argument for Marvins point, so they attack a typo.
    It's who they are, it's what they do.
    What point was Marvin trying to make?

Was he referring to Trump once again sharing Confidential/classified intel with our adversaries?

■ President Donald Trump's decision to tweet out a photo of an Iranian launch pad that he got from a classified intelligence briefing this week has stunned national-security and intelligence veterans.

■ The US rarely disseminates such imagery, and Trump's move to release the photo presents a goldmine for foreign intelligence, who can use the image to make inferences about the US's aerial surveillance capabilities.

■ Robert Deitz, a former top lawyer at the CIA and the National Security Agency, told Insider Trump made a "serious mistake" and that "one doesn't use intel for the purposes of taunting. The Russians and the Chinese will be very happy to study this."

■ Experts also highlighted that just because Trump has the authority to declassify anything he wants, his tendency to exercise that power without discretion sends up red flags within the US intelligence community and with overseas allies.

■ Alex Finley, a former CIA officer, told Insider Trump's actions were "outrageous and reckless," but that "it's hardly the first time we've seen this. And maybe he has a right to act this way, even if it is moronic."

Over the last few days, President Donald Trump has spent a good portion of his time ripping former FBI director James Comey and falsely accusing him of leaking classified information to the public after he was fired.
    “The President, Vice President and all Civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.” U S Constitution
    This entire impeachment process is just going to be all about knocking down the most offensively stupid arguments from Trump supporters.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    There is a good reason POTUS sits at the head of the "Chain Of Command".
    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    What point was Marvin trying to make?

Was he referring to Trump once again sharing Confidential/classified intel with our adversaries?

■ President Donald Trump's decision to tweet out a photo of an Iranian launch pad that he got from a classified intelligence briefing this week has stunned national-security and intelligence veterans.

■ The US rarely disseminates such imagery, and Trump's move to release the photo presents a goldmine for foreign intelligence, who can use the image to make inferences about the US's aerial surveillance capabilities.

■ Robert Deitz, a former top lawyer at the CIA and the National Security Agency, told Insider Trump made a "serious mistake" and that "one doesn't use intel for the purposes of taunting. The Russians and the Chinese will be very happy to study this."

■ Experts also highlighted that just because Trump has the authority to declassify anything he wants, his tendency to exercise that power without discretion sends up red flags within the US intelligence community and with overseas allies.

■ Alex Finley, a former CIA officer, told Insider Trump's actions were "outrageous and reckless," but that "it's hardly the first time we've seen this. And maybe he has a right to act this way, even if it is moronic."

Over the last few days, President Donald Trump has spent a good portion of his time ripping former FBI director James Comey and falsely accusing him of leaking classified information to the public after he was fired.
    When you are dead, you don't know you are dead. The pain is only felt by others.
    The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Skills can be taught. Character is either there or it's not!

Rather than tell someone that you think they are stupid, why don’t you explain why you feel that the concerns General Mattis (whom by all accounts has an impeccable service record) raises about President Trump are proof that it is a good thing the POTUS is atop the chain of command. Some might disagree with your reasoning, once we become informed of it but we are keen nonetheless to hear it.
    My concurrence is so vigorous that elucidation becomes a challenge I must now, in the interest of time, shrink from.

Roseberry

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by blind ambition View Post
    Rather than tell someone that you think they are stupid, why don’t you explain why you feel that the concerns General Mattis (whom by all accounts has an impeccable service record) raises about President Trump are proof that it is a good thing the POTUS is atop the chain of command. Some might disagree with your reasoning, once we become informed of it but we are keen nonetheless to hear it.
    Floatie, I'm not interested in giving a chain of command lesson other than to say "In my experience it works quite well".
    You do remember MacArthur? & MSM is pimping former General Mattis's book to death on the tube. I have no quarrel
    with someone who believes his boss treats our deadbeat allies having that opinion. As a taxpayer who's been footing the
    bill for our allies pontification, I welcome POTUS's stand & strongly disagree with the good General. But I am going to
    check the book from the library & read it as there are other statements made during the former general's tube time
    that indicate we are not getting the whole story from the RfLA & judge for myself. You do notice I will not buy the book
    in order to be the 1st with an opinion as again I find that seasoning improves the narrative & allows critique.

There is more than one way to skin a kill. There are probably some methods that would be better than what is done but
    the true mark of intelligence is to deal with what is in place & make it effective. As with many voting US citizens we do
    welcome his ability to accomplish change rowing against a very strong current, former Generasl Mattis joining that group.
    Certainly what was being done on all fronts was not working well but did enrich those who did not do well.

In my youth I had 2 different opportunities to attend West Point, I chose not to do that. But during the course of my life
    I have always been in a position that I was around very intelligent people from those who score in the upper 15% of the
    SAT & proceed with life. Generals come from that gene pool as do others who attended West Point but failed to become
    generals. Not all of those who end up in commanding positions show a fitness for that responsibility. the writing of a book
    for personal gain fits into that slot, IMO.

Marvin S

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Thank you for a thorough explanation of your point of view, I appreciate the time you took to elucidate it. Naturally we draw different conclusions and part ways, you dislike his views on the value of allies, I regard them as sensible.
    Thus far the president who has suffered most from the General‘s candour is Obama....but Mattis makes clear, much to the chagrin of the “left “, that he feels duty bound not to criticize a sitting president, so perhaps his next book will please you much less and me more.

BTW, addressing me as Floating is a juvenile form of insult what it reveals of your insecurities only reflects poorly on you.
    Last edited by blind ambition; 09-02-2019 at 01:21 AM.
    My concurrence is so vigorous that elucidation becomes a challenge I must now, in the interest of time, shrink from.

Roseberry

Floatie, I'm not interested in giving a chain of command lesson other than to say "In my experience it works quite well".
    You do remember MacArthur? & MSM is pimping former General Mattis's book to death on the tube. I have no quarrel
    with someone who believes his boss treats our deadbeat allies having that opinion. As a taxpayer who's been footing the
    bill for our allies pontification, I welcome POTUS's stand & strongly disagree with the good General. But I am going to
    check the book from the library & read it as there are other statements made during the former general's tube time
    that indicate we are not getting the whole story from the RfLA & judge for myself. You do notice I will not buy the book
    in order to be the 1st with an opinion as again I find that seasoning improves the narrative & allows critique.

There is more than one way to skin a kill. There are probably some methods that would be better than what is done but
    the true mark of intelligence is to deal with what is in place & make it effective. As with many voting US citizens we do
    welcome his ability to accomplish change rowing against a very strong current, former Generasl Mattis joining that group.
    Certainly what was being done on all fronts was not working well but did enrich those who did not do well.

In my youth I had 2 different opportunities to attend West Point, I chose not to do that. But during the course of my life
    I have always been in a position that I was around very intelligent people from those who score in the upper 15% of the
    SAT & proceed with life. Generals come from that gene pool as do others who attended West Point but failed to become
    generals. Not all of those who end up in commanding positions show a fitness for that responsibility. the writing of a book
    for personal gain fits into that slot, IMO.
    Wow!!!
    Welcome to bizzaro world.
    That may be one of your funniest posts ever.

That Marvin and other think Trump is fit to lead flies in the face of the evidence! I've never known a group to live in such denial of Trumps' mental illness.

From Duty To Warm;

He had a disastrous G7. Was rattled by revelations by Deutsche Bank. Then more sagging poll numbers. Predictions of a possible recession. Too much? So, he brazenly lied about calls from Chinese officials. Markets reacted. We congratulate Trump on his 100th Impeachable offense.

In other News...

Trump adds $4,100,000,000,000.00t to he Nat'l Debt. That's 4.1 TRILLION DOLLARS folks!

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/trump...dq7JiwdMErfW1k
    “The President, Vice President and all Civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.” U S Constitution
    This entire impeachment process is just going to be all about knocking down the most offensively stupid arguments from Trump supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by blind ambition View Post
    Thank you for a thorough explanation of your point of view, I appreciate the time you took to elucidate it. Naturally we draw different conclusions and part ways, you dislike his views on the value of allies, I regard them as sensible.
    Thus far the president who has suffered most from the General‘s candour is Obama....but Mattis makes clear, much to the chagrin of the “left “, that he feels duty bound not to criticize a sitting president, so perhaps his next book will please you much less and me more.

BTW, addressing me as Floating is a juvenile form of insult what it reveals of your insecurities only reflects poorly on you.
    I'm not sure you understood what I posted. I do not consider any country that is allowing us to foot the bill an allie.

Marvin S

Gen Mattis is one of the best field commanders ever to serve and I a grateful.

Once that the ISIS caliphate was destroyed, North Korea was stable ( NO hot war ) and Afghanistan was winding down to a intel, police action. He knew that being a true neocon/ Bush doctrine and entrenched in the administrative state his services where no longer needed.

Remember, he was the one who left.

God speed.

Keith

I'm not sure you understood what I posted. I do not consider any country that is allowing us to foot the bill an allie.

I will pass that along next time I meet a Canadian veteran who lost friends or was injured in Afghanistan.

Roseberry