Climate Change - I Don't Think So - Page 3
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Climate Change - I Don't Think So

Franky, anyone that does not acknoledge that the primary sciencentific study that drove the 'global warming' hypothesis was later proven to have manipulated the research data! That is clearly spelled out in many articles. Do your own research anyone can find it....not sure about you Franky, CNN will not have it for you!

Based on this FACT, the jury is still out, regardless what Governmental organization or Government funded scientific sources you follow say...

More importantly, no one has imperical evidence that Global warming is man caused, that is still considered a theory! I post something I recently read below that can give you a taste of what all is going on.....
    Media Ignores Climate Alarmist’s Court Loss — It Doesn’t Fitthe Warmist Agenda
    Issues& Insights, Editorial Board, Aug. 30, 2019
    I&I Editorial

Last week, a Canadian court tossed out a lawsuit in which Michael Mann, the researcher who published the idolized hockey stick temperature chart, had sued another researcher for libel. Did the mainstream media run with this story? Of course not. That would ruin the narrative.

Mann became famous for the chart, which showed temperatures running along in a horizontal fashion before spiking at the beginning of the 20th century. It was the“evidence” the global warming alarmists had been waiting for — “science” that showed human activity was overheating Earth. It was included in at least one United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change report.
    Not all were convinced, however. There were questions about the data he used to create the stick, which he wouldn’t release. It has been called “100% fraudulent,” an “artifact of poor mathematics,” and a violation of “of scientific standards.”

Mann has beenaccused of engaging in “data manipulation,” and “academic and scientificmisconduct.”
    Last edited by swampcollielover; 09-05-2019 at 11:56 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkenpoacher View Post
    "Settled Science" do not question, do not argue, do not review
    Science is never "Settled" and it is ALWAYS open to continued Peer Review.
    Gosh, you’re smart, I wonder where I got the idea the science was settled?
    "I'm thankful someone stood up to him, even if it was a woman." Franco 10/18/19

Food for thought.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2017/06/...oo-little-co2/

"Statistician Bjorn Lomborg had already pointed out that the Paris CO2 emission promises would cost $100 trillion dollars that no one has, and make only a 0.05 degree difference in Earth’s 2100 AD temperature. Others say perhaps a 0.2 degree C (0.3 degrees F) difference, and even that would hold only in the highly unlikely event that all parties actually kept their voluntary pledges. What few realize, however, is that during the last Ice Age too little CO2 in the air almost eradicated mankind. That’s when much-colder water in oceans (that were 400 feet shallower than today) sucked most of the carbon dioxide from the air; half of North America, Europe and Asia were buried under mile-high glaciers that obliterated everything in their paths; and bitterly cold temperatures further retarded plant growth.
    In fact, Earth’s atmosphere had only about 180 parts per million CO2, compared to today’s 400 ppm: 0.018% then versus 0.040% today....
    Our crop plants evolved about 400 million years ago, when CO2 in the atmosphere was about 5000 parts per million! Our evergreen trees and shrubs evolved about 360 million years ago, with CO2 levels at about 4,000 ppm. When our deciduous trees evolved about 160 million years ago, the CO2 level was about 2,200 ppm – still five times the current level."
    In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

I fly to Alaska virtually every summer. The flights to and from Anchorage pass over two major ice fields East and west of Seward, Alaska, both having 12+ glaciers flowing into the sea. I have watched these massive ice fields shrink for 25 years. In June 2019 I flew over them again. They are now gone, just bare rock where ice over a mile deep used to be. I live in central MO. I have been seeing dead armadillos North of i-70 for 7 years now. 45 years ago you had to drive 200 miles south to the Arkansas border to see dead one on the roads. They have no hair coat and are sensitive to cold winters. I now plant my early garden 3 weeks earlier with no ill effects. Global warming is real as 97% of the world's scientists have concluded as well as virtually every country in the world. Regardless of the cause we should still continue to convert to green energy for the simple reason that it is cheaper energy than fossil fuel thermal electricity. We must compete with the world for jobs/manufacturing and if we are forced to pay more to produce electricity it will cause even more business to move production overseas.
    I am called Dogdaddy by co-workers because of all the time missed at work due to dog activities.
    • GMPR SCL's CC Rider MH
    • SCL's Watermark Stella Blue SH
    "“Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak, it’s also what it takes to sit down and listen.”

It is highly likely they are wrong about particular facts. It is bad logic to say that just because everyone thinks it, it is true. Mass hysteria is the norm. People can’t go against a norm due to shaming and threats of ostracism.

Quote Originally Posted by dogdaddy View Post
    Regardless of the cause we should still continue to convert to green energy for the simple reason that it is cheaper energy than fossil fuel thermal electricity.
    Cheaper for some people.
    I built a new house a few years ago and put up a solar system at the same time. Now my electric bill is about $33 per month, the minimum fee for being connected, pretty cheap.
    Of course there were up front costs for installation but the tax payers chipped in paying 45% of the cost, thank you very much. Take notice during your travels of all the solar panels on homes, businesses, banks, large farming operations. Taxpayers funded them.

How about ethanol and biodiesel?
    I own shares in a biodiesel production plant so I get statements quarterly. Always the same story, huge expenses in natural gas, electricity and feed stock (which is already subsidized seven ways to hell).
    Always operating at a loss unless the renewable fuel subsidy is extended and or increased, in which case I receive a nice check, thanks again taxpayers.

Invest in "Green Energy", I did.

Something for climate catastrophiles
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/special...hange-n1054791

Good news to some, herecy to others
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fai...ge-predictions

Improving our impact on the climate Is certainly not an “all or nothing” proposition. We don’t have to get rid of automobiles, close all manufacturing plants, but simple things like mandating better gas mileage, making recycling an easier/imposed process, not using single use plastics, etc...will all have a positive impact. Direct biofuels and alternative energy forms will have to supported until they become more wide,y accepted/used. Adidas used recycled ocean plastic to make about 11 million pairs of shoes last year, Patagonia has been using recycled bottles since the early 90s.

Original climate research... https://howwegettonext.com/the-forgo...t-ad954a6ea7d9

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...UnzIYOp8qGa03k
    " Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, (red) wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" Unknown

Here is a study that we are supposed to ignore.
    https://www.rt.com/news/464051-finni...dence-warming/

Quote Originally Posted by drunkenpoacher View Post
    Here is a study that we are supposed to ignore.
    https://www.rt.com/news/464051-finni...dence-warming/
    And then there is this... https://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/. I think if you look around at virtually all research, almost all evidence points to a accelerated increase of the climate change beginning with the industrial revolution. Now, that could be a coincidence, and the planet just happened to start to ramp up heating up at the exact same time...or, could be a reaction to the human action...
    " Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, (red) wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" Unknown