Hurricane Dorian Headed To Bama! - Page 4
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 58

Thread: Hurricane Dorian Headed To Bama!

  1. #31
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    14,987

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    TRY again RK.

    My post #28 explains what happened yesterday.

    Trump not only ordered a Rear Admiral to take the blame, trump has been obsessed with the subject all week sending out one crazed tweet after the other all week long.

    " Sobien, president of the National Weather Service Employees Organization, lambasted NOAA's characterization of events and defended the agency's employees."Let me assure you the hard working employees of the NWS had nothing to do with the utterly disgusting and disingenuous tweet sent out by NOAA management tonight #NOAA," he tweeted Friday.

    How do you people defend such a compulsive liar like Trump? Do you people really hate what the USA has stood for over the last 240 years?
    Of course...….
    Stan b & Elvis

    So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory, the MOMENT." ~ Aldo Leopold

  2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #32
    Senior Member swampcollielover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    3,808

    Default

    Franky....bet you already saw this from the Associated Press...but you failed to post it, because it does not fit you agenda!

    Below I pulled a few nuggets from the article, feel free to read it all on the AP webpage....SEEMS THAT YOU AGAIN FELL FOR FAKE NEWS! You hatred for our President has blinded you to the truth!

    Agency reverses course on Trump’s Alabama hurricane claim
    By SETH BORENSTEIN and KEVIN FREKING, Associated Press, Sept. 9, 2019

    WASHINGTON (AP) — A federal agency has reversed course on the question of whether President Donald Trump tweeted stale information about Hurricane Dorian potentially hitting Alabama, upsetting meteorologists around the country.

    On Sunday, Trump had warned that Alabama, along with the Carolinas and Georgia, was “most likely to be hit (much) harder than anticipated.” The National Weather Service in Birmingham, Alabama, tweeted later: “Alabama will NOT see any impacts from #Dorian. We repeat, no impacts from Hurricane #Dorian will be felt across Alabama. The system will remain too far east.”…

    …The latest defense came out Friday evening, when the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administrationissued a statement from an unidentified spokesman stating that information provided by NOAA and the National Hurricane Center to the president had demonstrated that “tropical-storm-force winds from Hurricane Dorian could impact Alabama.” The advisories were dated from last Wednesday, Aug. 28, through Monday…

    …McNoldy said the National Weather Service “had the right tone and message for the time. Alabama, for some time, was on the fringe of probabilities of experiencing tropical storm winds…
    This story has been corrected to reflect that Alabama was included in charts mentioning wind speed probabilities from August 28 to August 31. The story previously said it was not.
    Associated Press writer Hope Yen contributed to this report.

  4. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    It appears the NOAA did indeed send the report of hurricane speed winds impacting 'Bama.
    But some "political activist" at the weather service decided to make some "Franco" news.
    And of course, they all gobbled it up, without doing any research.



    https://www.stamfordadvocate.com/new...s-14420459.php

    You been played again!
    Your blind ignorance is stupefying!!

    Who really has been played?
    Once again it is Stan the Ban!!
    Hook line and sinker, deep down into the gills

    Let's start with the headline quoted from your very own source which I quote for you below:

    ..."NOAA backs Trump on Alabama forecast, and rebukes Weather Service office that accurately contradicted him"

    Your very own headline says that they accurately contradicted T rump!!

    Do you know what the words accurately contradicted mean?
    Your Source not mine!!

    You don't have to be a rocket scientist, and I'm not saying you are one, to understand that Trump has a history of ordering subordinates to cover for his bumbling ass.

    Four point of reference remember Jeff sessions James Comey Anthony scaramucci, Michael Cohen Sean Spicer.

    It is unprecedented where 6 days later where they would alter their with weather predictions.
    There is absolutely no reason to do that in light of the fact that the storm has completely passed Alabama days ago.

    The only rationalization is to again cover Trump's bumbling ass.

    For further proof your own source clearly states that this revision was not signed by the head of the agency or any other person in the agency.

    Have you ever seen your local weather bureau revised a weather forecast from 6 days ago?
    The term forecast by its own meaning projects into the future.
    Don't you believe our tax dollars would you be better spent with these weather folks worrying about what's going to happen tomorrow rather than revising reports from what happened 6 days ago.
    And since you're not very good with facts let me ask you a real simple question;
    what did happen regarding this hurricane in Alabama six days ago?
    Nobody in the entire agency would take responsibility for this cooked up sham.

    Their sham revisionist weather reporting talks about there may have been a 5% chance of Alabama being affected; which was not in their cone of uncertainty

    The Tweet Trump put out stated that Alabama was ......most likely to be hit much harder than originally anticipated......

    Even with the new trumped-up revision report can you HONESTLY claim that the 5% chance of the 6 days later revised weather cover up statement is in any way consistent with Trump's terms in his tweet of most likely and much harder?
    The term most likely at its bare minimum required 51%

    FYI; believe it or not intentionally altering weather reports is a crime that carries prison time.

    Have you ever heard the phrase that the cover-up is worse than the crime and many cases?

    Dinghy Donald may be digging his own grave

  5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements
     

  6. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    SW Minnesota
    Posts
    4,742

    Default

    ………………………..“Either NOAA Leadership truly agrees with what they posted or they were ordered to do it. If it is the former, the statement shows a lack of understanding of how to use probabilistic forecasts in conjunction with other forecast information. Embarrassing. If it is the latter, the statement shows a lack of courage on their part by not supporting the people in the field who are actually doing the work. Heartbreaking,” Read wrote.
    “What the Birmingham NWS office sent out Sunday morning was correct and served the public well,” Read continued. “It clearly let the public know that they were not at risk from the impacts of Hurricane Dorian.”
    Dan Sobien, president of the union representing weather service employees, tweeted Friday, “Let me assure you the hard working employees of the NWS had nothing to do with the utterly disgusting and disingenuous tweet sent out by NOAA management tonight.”
    Alex Sizemore, a meteorologist at NWS in Birmingham, tweeted, “The irony in all of this Twitter mess is that the tweet we sent out had nothing to do with what Trump tweeted, we had no knowledge of it at the time.” Sizemore said the Sunday tweet came in response to people calling the NWS office
    ...……….

  7. #35
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    14,987

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tigerfan View Post
    Your blind ignorance is stupefying!!

    Who really has been played?
    Once again it is Stan the Ban!!
    Hook line and sinker, deep down into the gills

    Let's start with the headline quoted from your very own source which I quote for you below:

    ..."NOAA backs Trump on Alabama forecast, and rebukes Weather Service office that accurately contradicted him"

    Your very own headline says that they accurately contradicted T rump!!

    Do you know what the words accurately contradicted mean?
    Your Source not mine!!

    You don't have to be a rocket scientist, and I'm not saying you are one, to understand that Trump has a history of ordering subordinates to cover for his bumbling ass.

    Four point of reference remember Jeff sessions James Comey Anthony scaramucci, Michael Cohen Sean Spicer.

    It is unprecedented where 6 days later where they would alter their with weather predictions.
    There is absolutely no reason to do that in light of the fact that the storm has completely passed Alabama days ago.

    The only rationalization is to again cover Trump's bumbling ass.

    For further proof your own source clearly states that this revision was not signed by the head of the agency or any other person in the agency.

    Have you ever seen your local weather bureau revised a weather forecast from 6 days ago?
    The term forecast by its own meaning projects into the future.
    Don't you believe our tax dollars would you be better spent with these weather folks worrying about what's going to happen tomorrow rather than revising reports from what happened 6 days ago.
    And since you're not very good with facts let me ask you a real simple question;
    what did happen regarding this hurricane in Alabama six days ago?
    Nobody in the entire agency would take responsibility for this cooked up sham.

    Their sham revisionist weather reporting talks about there may have been a 5% chance of Alabama being affected; which was not in their cone of uncertainty

    The Tweet Trump put out stated that Alabama was ......most likely to be hit much harder than originally anticipated......

    Even with the new trumped-up revision report can you HONESTLY claim that the 5% chance of the 6 days later revised weather cover up statement is in any way consistent with Trump's terms in his tweet of most likely and much harder?
    The term most likely at its bare minimum required 51%

    FYI; believe it or not intentionally altering weather reports is a crime that carries prison time.

    Have you ever heard the phrase that the cover-up is worse than the crime and many cases?

    Dinghy Donald may be digging his own grave
    I do believe YOU are STUPIFIED!
    stupefying
    [ˈst(y)o͞opəfīiNG]

    ADJECTIVE
    making one unable to think or feel properly.
    More diatribe


    diatribe
    [ˈdīəˌtrīb]

    NOUN
    a forceful and bitter verbal attack against someone or something.
    Lot's of things carry penalties, some people don't care.
    Some feel laws and rules are for other people.
    Last edited by road kill; 09-07-2019 at 01:38 PM.
    Stan b & Elvis

    So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory, the MOMENT." ~ Aldo Leopold

  8. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    ………………………..“Either NOAA Leadership truly agrees with what they posted or they were ordered to do it. If it is the former, the statement shows a lack of understanding of how to use probabilistic forecasts in conjunction with other forecast information. Embarrassing. If it is the latter, the statement shows a lack of courage on their part by not supporting the people in the field who are actually doing the work. Heartbreaking,” Read wrote.
    “What the Birmingham NWS office sent out Sunday morning was correct and served the public well,” Read continued. “It clearly let the public know that they were not at risk from the impacts of Hurricane Dorian.”
    Dan Sobien, president of the union representing weather service employees, tweeted Friday, “Let me assure you the hard working employees of the NWS had nothing to do with the utterly disgusting and disingenuous tweet sent out by NOAA management tonight.”
    Alex Sizemore, a meteorologist at NWS in Birmingham, tweeted, “The irony in all of this Twitter mess is that the tweet we sent out had nothing to do with what Trump tweeted, we had no knowledge of it at the time.” Sizemore said the Sunday tweet came in response to people calling the NWS office
    ...……….
    Just more fake news Mn from the liberal msm.
    Not only that but it shows you how deep the Deep State truly is when a weatherman in little Deep red state Alabama is part of it

  9. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    SW Minnesota
    Posts
    4,742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tigerfan View Post
    Your blind ignorance is stupefying!!

    Who really has been played?
    Once again it is Stan the Ban!!
    Hook line and sinker, deep down into the gills

    Let's start with the headline quoted from your very own source which I quote for you below:

    ..."NOAA backs Trump on Alabama forecast, and rebukes Weather Service office that accurately contradicted him"

    Your very own headline says that they accurately contradicted T rump!!

    Do you know what the words accurately contradicted mean?
    Your Source not mine!!

    You don't have to be a rocket scientist, and I'm not saying you are one, to understand that Trump has a history of ordering subordinates to cover for his bumbling ass.

    Four point of reference remember Jeff sessions James Comey Anthony scaramucci, Michael Cohen Sean Spicer.

    It is unprecedented where 6 days later where they would alter their with weather predictions.
    There is absolutely no reason to do that in light of the fact that the storm has completely passed Alabama days ago.

    The only rationalization is to again cover Trump's bumbling ass.

    For further proof your own source clearly states that this revision was not signed by the head of the agency or any other person in the agency.

    Have you ever seen your local weather bureau revised a weather forecast from 6 days ago?
    The term forecast by its own meaning projects into the future.
    Don't you believe our tax dollars would you be better spent with these weather folks worrying about what's going to happen tomorrow rather than revising reports from what happened 6 days ago.
    And since you're not very good with facts let me ask you a real simple question;
    what did happen regarding this hurricane in Alabama six days ago?
    Nobody in the entire agency would take responsibility for this cooked up sham.

    Their sham revisionist weather reporting talks about there may have been a 5% chance of Alabama being affected; which was not in their cone of uncertainty

    The Tweet Trump put out stated that Alabama was ......most likely to be hit much harder than originally anticipated......

    Even with the new trumped-up revision report can you HONESTLY claim that the 5% chance of the 6 days later revised weather cover up statement is in any way consistent with Trump's terms in his tweet of most likely and much harder?
    The term most likely at its bare minimum required 51%

    FYI; believe it or not intentionally altering weather reports is a crime that carries prison time.

    Have you ever heard the phrase that the cover-up is worse than the crime and many cases?

    Dinghy Donald may be digging his own grave
    Another perfect example would be U.S. Navy Cmdr. Nate Christensen, the schmuck who tried to hide the White House involvement in the USS John McCain incident, that was immediately debunked.

  10. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    I do believe YOU are STUPIFIED!


    More diatribe



    Lot's of things carry penalties, some people don't care.
    Some feel laws and rules are for other people.
    It was no diatribe you made a post with a source and I rebutted your post and your source.

    Do you have a rebuttal or did you truly get played once again?



    Try to stay on subject.

    Quit being a passive aggressive snowflake Stan the ban.

    Thought you might be in Des Moines Iowa today reliving Your Glory Days Inn watching your old college football team with your 30 year old redheaded motorcycle model wife and her skimpy leather outfit.

  11. #39
    Senior Member swampcollielover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    3,808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tigerfan View Post
    Just more fake news Mn from the liberal msm.
    Not only that but it shows you how deep the Deep State truly is when a weatherman in little Deep red state Alabama is part of it
    Tigerlilly....the FACT is that the AP reported that the
    Agency reversed course on Trump’s Alabama hurricane claim! Additionally,
    having a Union Boss lie about something concerning someone within his Union....is pretty much like taking all your information from CNN! "0" credibility!

    If you actually looked up that AP article and read through it you would of found out that the 'Union' intervention suggesting they were made to do it, and all the other BS offered by the Liberal Media was discussed...but the article clearly states that these AP writers dismissed all of this and acknowledge that the Presidents comments were consistent with the forecast information available at the time he made the comments.....

    The thing many of you ignore is that most of us saw and heard the early predictions as the hurricane developed (I did)! Most of us remember that Alabama was initially in those models...deny if you must! I could think that you are just poorly informed! But, actually I and others would know that you are just telling lies to suit your agenda...

    See how easy it is to give short honest answers....you should try it some time! SMILE

  12. #40
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    DuLarge-Dulac-Cocodrie Metroplex, La.
    Posts
    16,091

    Default

    The Trump cult has been duped again by the con artist sitting in the Oval Office.

    Rather then face the truth, they are more than willing to double down with the con .

    This would even be that big a deal compared to all the other more serious lies coming from Trump. But, since he didn't have anything on his schedule all week except for Golf, he spent the week sending several tweets per day about his mistake including making a Rear Admiral take the fall.

    "
    Nearly a week before the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration publicly backed President Trump over its own scientists, a top NOAA official warned its staff against contradicting the president.In an agencywide directive sent Sept. 1 to National Weather Service personnel, hours after Trump asserted, with no evidence, that Alabama “would most likely be hit (much) harder than anticipated,” staff was told to “only stick with official National Hurricane Center forecasts if questions arise from some national level social media posts which hit the news this afternoon.”
    They were also told not to “provide any opinion,” according to a copy of the email obtained by The Washington Post.
    A NOAA meteorologist who spoke on the condition of anonymity for fear of retribution said the note, understood internally to be referring to Trump, came after the National Weather Service office in Birmingham contradicted Trump by tweeting Alabama would “NOT see any impacts from the hurricane.”
    The Birmingham office sent the tweet after receiving a flurry of phone calls from concerned residents following Trump’s message.
    The agency sent a similar message warning scientists and meteorologists not to speak out on Sept. 4, after Trump showed a hurricane map from Aug. 29 modified with a hand-drawn, half-circle in black Sharpie around Alabama.
    “This is the first time I’ve felt pressure from above to not say what truly is the forecast,” the meteorologist said.
    "


    If anyone needs further proof that Trump is mentally unstable, then I would suggest that they are in deep denial.
    "No figure, regardless of the heights they've reached and no figure regardless of the office they occupy, should be allowed in this country to cry witch hunt or fake news in an attempt to deflect their criminal wrongdoing."










Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •