california bans fur trapping.... so.... when will FT and hunt tests be banned?
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: california bans fur trapping.... so.... when will FT and hunt tests be banned?

Default california bans fur trapping.... so.... when will FT and hunt tests be banned?

Yep - This state is becoming the outdoorsman/woman's enemy number one... or numero uno...

sorry to all RTF Californians.... but, how long do you think it will be before you lose the ability to enter a hunt test or ft?
    The way I look at it, every dog is an opportunity to be a better trainer, and every day is a new day to be a better trainer to the same dog we trained yesterday.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

If so, looks like Zinger Wingers chunkin’ rubber mallards-
    We are only as good as those that surround us.

Birthplace to:
    •'09 National Finalist FC-BAYOU TECHE TEX
    •FC-BUTCH's DREAM CODE of TCR
    •FC-DREAM DANCIN'
    Gettin' Jiggy Widdit-MH
    Dancin' Dreamer Kate-MH (dam to FC-"FINN", several QAAs, 2-MNHs)

RIP My girls Jiggy, and sweet mamas Dancy and Tip. We love and miss you all!!!

I wish Pa. would ban trapping too.....hate it..Randy
    CHRIS ATKINSON...PLEASE don't QUIT CHANGING MY PROFILE PAGE!!

"And if you have a golden, bring TWO towels!"

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Should we ban everything you hate? Lots of folks would like to ban retriever games. Lots of folks would like to ban hunting. Lots of folks would like to ban guns.
    Matt McKenzie

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Henry Ford

Divide and conquer will work if we allow it to.
    If you are offended by what is said, ask yourself, is it because it was true?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt McKenzie View Post
    Should we ban everything you hate? Lots of folks would like to ban retriever games. Lots of folks would like to ban hunting. Lots of folks would like to ban guns.
    There is no equivalency of those activities to trapping which with a leg trap or snare deals a slow and agonizing death to indiscriminate species.

I hate it cause you have to always make sure no traps are set in the fields where your training....have to call the owners....have to call the trappers...where are the traps set... etc...gotta love this site for fights..lol...Randy
    CHRIS ATKINSON...PLEASE don't QUIT CHANGING MY PROFILE PAGE!!

"And if you have a golden, bring TWO towels!"

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Yep - This state is becoming the outdoorsman/woman's enemy number one... or numero uno...

sorry to all RTF Californians.... but, how long do you think it will be before you lose the ability to enter a hunt test or ft?
    Hopefully the mountain Lions & the bears eat all the folks that like these restrictions. Then we can have our country back.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Skills can be taught. Character is either there or it's not!

I still plan to hunt beaver. I won't trap them. That would be illegal.
    DUCKDAWG'S MAC'S MAGICAL MR. OCTOBER SH -- Reggie

For those who are anti trapping - I respect that viewpoint. It isn't mine, but to each his/her own. I trapped quite a few critters in AK - including wolves, lynx, marten, beaver, and river otter. Trapping ethically is how one ensures that animals don't suffer needlessly in a foot hold trap or a snare. If an animal dies in a foot hold, it has died because the trapper was unethical about checking their sets regularly.. most states have laws governing this.....I intend to trap here in MO, and already have plans for raccoon, bobcat, fox, and coyote trapping.

As a member of a small community such as retriever training/testing/trialing, I think it is important we realize that what we do with pen raised ducks and pheasants is not far removed from trapping... It requires the taking of an animal life for a sport which we enjoy... I don't think anyone who shoots these bird (or uses them alive/hooded) would be able to find a solid argument supporting the 'waste' of the ducks/pheasants that are used for a couple of days and then thrown away...... We say it is for the continued betterment of our chosen breed of dog, but in the end, it boils down to one thing... We like it and we enjoy the benefits it brings to our lives and our dogs' lives....

Drunkenpoacher hit the nail... they are successfully using 'divide and conquer'...... rubber duckies, here we come... Maybe I will invent one that quacks and flaps it's wings to simulate a shot/crippled bird. LOL
    Last edited by Tobias; 09-05-2019 at 08:35 PM.
    The way I look at it, every dog is an opportunity to be a better trainer, and every day is a new day to be a better trainer to the same dog we trained yesterday.