Option For Bumper Boy
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach

Thread: Option For Bumper Boy

Default Option For Bumper Boy

Having used bumper boys for a number of years and as everyone knows, not being able to get service. I keep checking via the web to see if someone has taken over. I finally found someone with a similar product, Seems pricey but Ive had mine going on 20 years.

I found a product out of the UK, cannot post links as of yet. Sporting Saint GunDog Training equipment

I have been trying to start a dialogue with them and still waiting on a response.

Also am curious if anyone has tried one of these unit. The electronics appear to be simplified and straight forward when compared to the bumper boy.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

https://www.sportingsaint.co.uk/prod...4/category/348

Pricey. I wonder how they will avoid a lawsuit from whomever got BB.

From the pics it sure looks like a well made product.

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

There are quite a few differences, and the electronics are so very different, Im not sure a lawsuit is possible. Also, not sure anyone took over the bumper boy line. There were a bunch of lawsuits scattering around mostly with the electronics side and I think one about the launcher mechanism.

Far and away by biggest problem these days is finding suitable loads at a reasonable price

Quote Originally Posted by Labmagic View Post
    Far and away by biggest problem these days is finding suitable loads at a reasonable price
    You can use the nail gun crimp loads at Home Depot or Lowe's they're about six bucks a box of 100

Quote Originally Posted by tigerfan View Post
    You can use the nail gun crimp loads at Home Depot or Lowe's they're about six bucks a box of 100
    Not only are they cheaper than most. They are also the most reliable!! Very,Very few misfires with these loads!

Quote Originally Posted by Labmagic View Post
    There are quite a few differences, and the electronics are so very different, Im not sure a lawsuit is possible. Also, not sure anyone took over the bumper boy line. There were a bunch of lawsuits scattering around mostly with the electronics side and I think one about the launcher mechanism.
    Labmagic-what part of SW Ohio are you in?? I have converted 7 different BB launchers to use Sportdog electronics. I am not to far away, also in SW Ohio, maybe I can help you out. Go to the "test forum" get your 10 posts then send me a pm.
    Nate Baxter, DVM
    Clarksville, OH

Nate, Im from Hamilton, have trained with you in the past. Name is Kurt. Working on the 10 posts