Hell yes we're going to take YOUR........ - Page 12
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Hell yes we're going to take YOUR........

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    "
    A “well-regulated militia” didn’t mean guys who read Soldier of Fortune magazine running around in the woods with AK-47s and warpaint on their faces. It basically meant what today we call the National Guard.

"

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/wh...XxJYPzlzv9p7fo

In Federalist No. 29 of the Federalist Papers, Alexander Hamilton explained at great length precisely what a “well-regulated militia” was, why the Founding Fathers thought we needed one, and why they wanted to protect it from being disarmed by the federal government.

And although it was organized state by state, it needed to be under the explicit control of the national government. The “well-regulated militia” was under the command of the president. It was “the military arm” of the government.

These two (bolded) statements seem somewhat contradictory to me. I have also noticed that the 2nd doesn't say "the right of the militiamen to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed". Seems to me if that was what they meant, that was what they would have written.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Amendment II
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

The definition of this Amendment has been debated for years. So my opinion, is my opinion only.

I believe the founding Fathers understood the risk of that a Government can takeover by force. They understood this could happen at the State level (
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State) as well as by the National Government.

Therefore, to offset these risks, they provided for the 'people' in America to have the right to bear Arms (
    the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.)

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    Amendment II
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

The definition of this Amendment has been debated for years. So my opinion, is my opinion only.

I believe the founding Fathers understood the risk of that a Government can takeover by force. They understood this could happen at the State level (
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State) as well as by the National Government.

Therefore, to offset these risks, they provided for the 'people' in America to have the right to bear Arms (

Thanks Captain Obvious but those are not your thoughts alone
    They're also the thoughts of the framers of the Constitution who were the only ones that really matter.

But go ahead and bask in the enjoyment of actually being on the correct side of a constitutional issue for once

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Tigerlilly.............I am surprized you got it! You usually go off in a tangent for a few hundred words.....

And you actually posted a "short post"! That makes you 2 for 2 in one day! I did not think it was possible......

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    Amendment II

See my post 104.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by tigerfan View Post
    Thanks Captain Obvious but those are not your thoughts alone
    They're also the thoughts of the framers of the Constitution who were the only ones that really matter.

But go ahead and bask in the enjoyment of actually being on the correct side of a constitutional issue for once
    Tigerlilly….I noticed again tonight that you are the only one that consistently talks down to those you disagree with! Maybe a bit of a more mature approach would do you some good! But don't let me get in the way of you being rude.