The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Impeachment Inquiry

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Pathetic!

You made a false claim about the transcripts and it was pointed out.

Then, you come back with this?

And, even that isn't accurate. Polls had Clinton up by 2-3% and that is what she won the popular vote by.
    I don't need a "comeback."
    What we've been allowed to see are not the complete conversations and you know that.
    Schiff has seen to that.

The "popular vote" does not elect a President, you and your Constitutional scholar friend should both know that.
    {It may be that I am over estimating your grasp of how Presidential elections work.}
    The Electoral College does...…...Clinton won L.A. buy 3milliom + votes.
    Stan b & Elvis

So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory, the MOMENT." ~ Aldo Leopold

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...indman-problem

https://tinyurl.com/th9bbho

ANALYSIS: Democrats have a Colonel Vindman problem

by Byron York | November 11, 2019 08:29 PM

House Democrats conducted their impeachment interviews in secret, but Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman still emerged as star of the show. Appearing at his Oct. 29 deposition in full dress uniform, the decorated Army officer, now a White House National Security Council Ukraine expert, was the first witness who had actually listened to the phone call between President Trump and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky that is at the heart of the Democratic impeachment campaign. Even though lawmakers were forbidden to discuss his testimony in public, Vindman's leaked opening statement that "I did not think it was proper [for Trump] to demand that a foreign government investigate a U.S. citizen" exploded on news reports.

Vindman has not yet been scheduled to appear before the Democrats' public impeachment hearings. When that happens, he will undoubtedly again play a prominent role. But there will be a difference. The public now has a transcript of Vindman's deposition. And those who have taken the trouble to read the 340-page document will have a different picture of Vindman's testimony than the one presented in early media reports.

Yes, Vindman testified repeatedly that he "thought it was wrong" for Trump, speaking with Zelensky, to bring up the 2016 election and allegations of Ukraine-related corruption on the part of former Vice President Joe Biden and his son Hunter Biden. But the Vindman transcript also showed a witness whose testimony was filled with opinion, with impressions, who had little new to offer, who withheld important information from the committee, who was steeped in a bureaucracy that has often been hostile to the president, and whose lawyer, presumably with Vindman's approval, expressed unmistakable disdain, verging on contempt, for members of Congress who asked inconvenient questions. In short, Vindman's testimony was not the slam-dunk hit Democrats portrayed it to be. And that raises questions about how it will play when Vindman goes before the world in a public impeachment hearing.

Here are four problems with the Vindman testimony:

- more -
    Eric

WRC HR Lennoxlove's Run with Wolves JH, WCX ("Cheyenne") ... still so fondly remembered
    HRCh Struan's Devil's in De Tails SH, WCX ("Lucy") ... as is her daughter
    SR CH Struan's Flight of Fancy JH WC ("Muse") ... gone now also
    Struan's Master of the Hunt JH, WC ("Charlie") ... also gone
    Struan's Just Plain Perfect ("Jane")
    NSDTR/CH Struan's Driving Us Crazy JH WCI ("Daisy") ... the baby in charge
    Honeyrun's Duchess of Argyll ("Socks")
    Dixie ... the "spare parts" dog

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Johnson View Post

House Democrats conducted their impeachment interviews in secret, but Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman still emerged as star of the show. Appearing at his Oct. 29 deposition in full dress uniform, the decorated Army officer, now a White House National Security Council Ukraine expert, was the first witness who had actually listened to the phone call between President Trump and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky that is at the heart of the Democratic impeachment campaign. Even though lawmakers were forbidden to discuss his testimony in public, Vindman's leaked opening statement that "I did not think it was proper [for Trump] to demand that a foreign government investigate a U.S. citizen" exploded on news reports. All of the opening statements from all of the witnesses were released to the Press. Nothing illegal about that! That people would attempt to disparage a Decorate Service member who has served with distinction is an example of just how sick & delusional the Trump defense!

Vindman has not yet been scheduled to appear before the Democrats' public impeachment hearings. When that happens, he will undoubtedly again play a prominent role. But there will be a difference. The public now has a transcript of Vindman's deposition. And those who have taken the trouble to read the 340-page document will have a different picture of Vindman's testimony than the one presented in early media reports.

Yes, Vindman testified repeatedly that he "thought it was wrong" for Trump, speaking with Zelensky, to bring up the 2016 election and allegations of Ukraine-related corruption on the part of former Vice President Joe Biden and his son Hunter Biden. But the Vindman transcript also showed a witness whose testimony was filled with opinion, with impressions, who had little new to offer, who withheld important information from the committee, who was steeped in a bureaucracy that has often been hostile to the president, and whose lawyer, presumably with Vindman's approval, expressed unmistakable disdain, verging on contempt, for members of Congress who asked inconvenient questions. In short, Vindman's testimony was not the slam-dunk hit Democrats portrayed it to be. And that raises questions about how it will play when Vindman goes before the world in a public impeachment hearing.

- more -
    Whitleblower files a complaint following the proper channels taking it to Michael Atkinson. Atkinson deems it credible and serious. He takes it to Gen. McQuire. McQuire has stated the whistleblower complied with the Law and was credible. McQuire sends his report to the WH. WH sits on it and doesn't follow the Law by not sharing report with the House Intel Committee. Trump has discussed firing the inspector general for the intelligence community, Michael Atkinson for not being loyal to him! Atkinson is a Trump appointee.

After weeks, whiltleblower contacts the office of the House Intel Committee knowing that the report is being buried by the WH. Schiff agrees to review the complaint. Schiff then questions the WH as to why the money was not released to the Ukraine. Money gets released and the House Impeachment Inquiry begins!

The Impeachment proceedings may or may not help the Dems in 2020, they know that. What they are doing is honoring their Oath. Now, we have overwhelming evidence of bribery/extortion after the matter has been investigated. What Bolton refers to as a Drug Deal.

• Rudy Giuliani
    • Mick Mulvaney
    • Mike Pence
    • Mike Pompeo

All are in positions to completely exonerate Trump in regards to his Ukraine extortion issues. All they need to do is tell Schiff that they’d like to be testify in the upcoming public hearings and answer questions under oath.

None of these men will do that.
    Last edited by Franco; 11-13-2019 at 10:56 AM.
    "No figure, regardless of the heights they've reached and no figure regardless of the office they occupy, should be allowed in this country to cry witch hunt or fake news in an attempt to deflect their criminal wrongdoing."

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

House Democrats conducted their impeachment interviews in secret, but Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman still emerged as star of the show. Appearing at his Oct. 29 deposition in full dress uniform, the decorated Army officer, now a White House National Security Council Ukraine expert, was the first witness who had actually listened to the phone call between President Trump and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky that is at the heart of the Democratic impeachment campaign. Even though lawmakers were forbidden to discuss his testimony in public, Vindman's leaked opening statement that "I did not think it was proper [for Trump] to demand that a foreign government investigate a U.S. citizen" exploded on news reports.

- more -
    If Trump is reelected, I hoope he has learned his lesson and FIRES all holdovers of the previous president's terms of office and especially those that have been in those positions for more than one president's terms of office. I am not sure of Vindman's position but I do believe all those "ambasadores" are probably holdovers. I also think it is amusing how people hold military personnel in such high esteem IF they hold the same political view. I suspect Gen. Flynn's record far surpasses that of Vindman.

By the way, I had a friend(one of my cronies whose land I train quite frequently) ask me for advise of a new dentist. He had gone to a friend and member of my dental class for a number of years. Well guess what? I referred him to another friend(also one of my cronies) that is one of the best dentists I know.

I am watcvhing CNN and the spin doctors are drooling over the Ambasadores as being so "creditable". They are people who have made a career of being a "political appointee" and nothing more and as I said, thley all should be fired if Trump is reelected.

- more -
    One might want to read Franco's response in red to your first paragraph.

"A retired Army officer who worked with Col. Vindman in Grafenwoher, Germany claims Vindman "really talked up" President Barack Obama and ridiculed America and Americans in front of Russian militaary officers."

Lt. Colonel Jim Hickman(I assume Vindman's superior) said he "verbally reprimanded Vindman after he heard some of his derisive remarks for himlelf. "Do not let the uniform fool you," "He is a political activist in uniform." Hickman wrote. Hickman's former boss at the Joint Multinational Simulation Center in Grafenwoehr has since gone on the record to corroborate his story.

Another flopper today.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Hawkes View Post
    Another flopper today.
    I thought both were good people. But if they want to run foreign polcy, they need to jump in and run for President.

Close but no cigar.

Since Republicans claim they want the truth, get the complete transcript out of the security server and bring Trump, Mulvaney, Pompeo and Giuliani in to testify!

It is that simple!

and

One can not promote principled anti-corruption without pissing off corrupt people!
    "No figure, regardless of the heights they've reached and no figure regardless of the office they occupy, should be allowed in this country to cry witch hunt or fake news in an attempt to deflect their criminal wrongdoing."