300 yard plus blinds? - Page 8
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: 300 yard plus blinds?

What was the comment about someone with justa 1 dog with a SH title about??? Who cares??? People assume a SH cant run a 300 yrd blind? without a stake or a marker?
    Last edited by MooseGooser; 10-19-2019 at 05:53 PM.
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    HRCH FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet MH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Dis respectful BS..
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by MooseGooser View Post
    What was the comment about with regards to someone some one owning just 1 dog with a SH title about??? Who cares??? People assume a SH cant run a 300 yrd blind? without a stake or a marker?
    Is the topic of retriever TRAINING only about ones success acquiring ribbons or HT and FT Titles?? What about the guy that sits on a slough, and regularly drops ducks 35 yrds away belly up in the decoys.. or the guy who has his dog down in a pit blind,covered up,and just runs blinds after the shootin stops.. They train!!! and I personally know several who don't have a ribbon or a Title on the wall.. Their dogs are a joy to hunt with.. Are they to be demeaned here???

Some folks here that just assume that when a guy comes on RTF and says his dog just HUNTS, >>>, IMHO<< they better be careful with their assumptions.. Those folks don't care about some organizations rule book, what chair they sit in.. they just train dogs and hunt..... JUST!! THAT!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by drunkenpoacher View Post
    I am fortunate to have some great training mentors. One of the first things I learned was to not even suggest putting a marker on a blind.
    This was not meant as a criticism of anyone. I put markers out when training alone sometimes. I've learned to put them near the blind as a point of reference rather than right on it. Dogs will sometimes spot ribbons, flags, etc depending on the lighting.
    "I'm thankful someone stood up to him, even if it was a woman." Franco 10/18/19

Quote Originally Posted by MooseGooser View Post
    This arrogance right there is the problem.... Ive been on the receiving end of crap like that for years here. It infuriates me now... Respect is a two way street....

Doofus regards..

Gooser
    I'm sorry I infuriated You.

It's just my opinion. Nothing more, nothing less. Back when I had the places to hunt and the time to do it, I hunted waterfowl and upland game around 130-140 days per year and Judged or ran in trials or Hunt tests every weekend that I could. I worked nights then. My dogs ran and swam more than their fair share of long blinds while hunting. They did not even remotely resemble what was shown in that video.

I don't have videos of my dogs. Too busy hunting and running them for that. Besides, I don't feel the need to prove anything to you or anyone else on here. Those that have hunted with me, judged my dogs or been judged by me know just who I am.

Just because I don't post a dozen or more times on a single topic on this forum doesn't mean I am " throwing a hand grenade and running away". I just say what I think and let it go at that. I own up to what say. I always sign my name. Hard to run away when you do that.

I'm done on this topic. Carry on. -Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post
    I'm sorry I infuriated You.

It's just my opinion. Nothing more, nothing less. Back when I had the places to hunt and the time to do it, I hunted waterfowl and upland game around 130-140 days per year and Judged or ran in trials or Hunt tests every weekend that I could. I worked nights then. My dogs ran and swam more than their fair share of long blinds while hunting. They did not even remotely resemble what was shown in that video.

I don't have videos of my dogs. Too busy hunting and running them for that. Besides, I don't feel the need to prove anything to you or anyone else on here. Those that have hunted with me, judged my dogs or been judged by me know just who I am.

Just because I don't post a dozen or more times on a single topic on this forum doesn't mean I am " throwing a hand grenade and running away". I just say what I think and let it go at that. I own up to what say. I always sign my name. Hard to run away when you do that.

I'm done on this topic. Carry on. -Paul

That works both way Young! Its a two way street! I have nothin to prove to you,,ANNND I have an opinion too!

maybe you should consider it how you come across..

Since I came back..

Your ridiculous comment about judges just needed to have a couple dozen hay bales brought in to hide bird stations.. Your simplistic comment about a stake in the ground and a single wrap of a rope teachin a dog to sit on a whistle.... I can find a LOT of other examples.. YOU arnt the only notoriety that does this either.. You types do it to bait!!! Then you come back and make some dis honest apology.. You have shown your colors..

There"s more to life and owning a dog,, than bein a HT or FT Judge. There is more to life than Ribbons and silver plates..

You are remembered by how you carry yourself..

Belittling people, dis- respecting or criticizing someone elses work is poor form.. Name calling, minimising others accomplishments ect, has been common practice here for a LONG time.. a LOT of folks have left this board because of it... Smug,, arrogant types laughed and said don't let the door hit ya in the ass.. called them names...

I don't accept your insincere apology..

Mike Baker
    Last edited by MooseGooser; 10-19-2019 at 07:57 PM.

For someone to say they are not impressed is to state they are indifferent to it. It is neutral. If they are truly not impressed, it is statement of fact. Some people are more matter of fact than others. Some people get infuriated by it. That is a fact, lol.

if I say I am not impressed with something someone has done, in my opinion, means I did not respect their achievement or work. (That it was substandard from my perspective).

And it is not a statement of fact - it is a statement of opinion.

That blinds are run differently one side of the pond to the other doesn't mean we can't be impressed (or have respect) for the work shown. It really isn't that difficult. Although having knowledge of the differences and understanding and respecting those differences is probably a good idea.
    The way I look at it, every dog is an opportunity to be a better trainer, and every day is a new day to be a better trainer to the same dog we trained yesterday.

It can be a fact and an opinion. There are many possibilities. Some opinions can be uniformed. Sometimes, it can be lack of coddling or encouragement. Being matter of fact will loose you a job. You can’t be matter of fact if someone is your superior. It is multifaceted.

Eug.,

That video was fricken awesome! That dog was doing what it was bred to do. Game conservation at its best! With enthusiasm and came back looking for more. I’m with Gooser....ribbons aren’t the be all end all. I don’t hunt but I train with the original purpose in mind. You don’t have to do 300 yard blinds, but I do. If they can handle those, and handle ON those, they can do anything.

Sue Puff
    There are no secrets to success. It is the results of preparation, hard work and learning from failure. -Colin Powell

Sue Puffenbarger
    Wirtz, VA
    www.boynelabradors.com

GCH Boyne's Avian Investigator MH BN WCX CGC 'Ziva' (number 73!)
    Boyne's Criminal by Dezign at Rygwood JH 'Wykked' (criminal #2)
    Boyne's It Is What It Is SH 'Murphy' (hellion in training)
    ShadowGlen Ballyhoo O'Boyne SH CGC 'Bree' (really?)
    ShadowGlen Roundabout Campfyr SH CD CGC 'Coal' (the best)