Sayin' Good-bye
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sayin' Good-bye

Default Sayin' Good-bye

Just wanted to say good-bye. Not finding RTF the positive and welcoming place it could be. I have been a longtime member and used to find good training advice and informative conversations. But over the years the cordiality quotient has declined considerably. I don't know why on a forum where people share a common passion why they wouldn't be nice? It's become too snarky for me to even want to read posts anymore never mind post anything. So, carry on. I'm outta here.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Sorry to see this. Best to ye on ye continuing journey in life Mate. 👍

Mike ☘️🇮🇪🇺🇸
    TEAM TRAD PRO STAFF
    DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY

Quote Originally Posted by chesaka View Post
    Just wanted to say good-bye. Not finding RTF the positive and welcoming place it could be. I have been a longtime member and used to find good training advice and informative conversations. But over the years the cordiality quotient has declined considerably. I don't know why on a forum where people share a common passion why they wouldn't be nice? It's become too snarky for me to even want to read posts anymore never mind post anything. So, carry on. I'm outta here.
    Been like that forever in my opinion. Were you not here in the early days of Shayne and Angie? They were brutal and make some of todays stuff look like childs play. Maybe a little worse now or maybe just seems that way because there aren't as many good people on here. You ask why in the bolded statement above and the answer is people are people and dogs are dogs. Well that and you own Chessies.
    So if your leaving RFT then what are you going to do for those loooong cold dark nights in AK?

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Man, if you can't handle this place, how can you handle a Chessie?

There's lots of nice and good on here, just gotta filter through some stuff.

Mr. Shaver who posted above is one of those folks, and I don't think Ted Shih has ever said a snarky word about anyone and posts some of the most insightful and thoughtful stuff on here.

Just skip the stuff ya don't wanna read.
    Slow is smooth and smooth is fast.

^^^^this^^^^^

[QUOTE=spaightlabs;2181452]Man, if you can't handle this place, how can you handle a Chessie?

It's not that I can't handle it. It's that I choose not to. I'm kind of like my four Chessies.

Quote Originally Posted by chesaka View Post
    I'm kind of like my four Chessies.
    In true CBR style: You choose your friends carefully and can not be bothered with others.

Stop back and check us out now and again

Tim
    You order a Lab; ask a Golden; but negotiate with a Chesapeake!

Positive and Welcoming are buzzwords for I will assert my authority and you will abide or I will punish you. Just saying ..... It may not apply. You are using the buzzwords though. I hope you feel better about things. Take care.

I stepped away about what, 3 years or two? Didn't tell anyone just wasn't in the mood anymore. Came back because a friend had told me of a Chesapeake thread I should view. Had been gone long enough that passwords and usernames and stuff needed to be reset. And I'm having fun again. So because of that I have this to add. The RTF of today ain't nothing like the RTF of years ago. This is a watered-down kinder gentler group hug group. Back in the day when Guthrie and Melanie Angie...... Good gosh that was fun! I mean just a second ago before reading this thread I read a comment that someone made that the golden retrievers were descended from bloodhoundsand that's why they have the best noses. Gosh I would like to see the old crew tear that person a new one. Those were the days. Also, I have observed that when folks leave, they do it like I did they just leave. But when folks post and say they're leaving more often than not they are just interested in seeing who is going to miss them. And of course, if the person in question actually left. Well they are not reading any of this anyway are they? Remember kids, it's all just dogs picking up stuff. Or not 😎

Well, I guess it depends..,
    Matt McKenzie

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Henry Ford