Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach

Thread: Some light Entertainment

Default Some light Entertainment

Time for a break!!

Here's a little fun:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfM6hgO2lfw
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

The irrigation canal formaly known as the Rio Grande

Love me some Erika.....
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Pretty good stuff....thanks for sharing!

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Really nice
    Matt McKenzie

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Henry Ford

H,

Never seen or heard of them before, so thanks for the steer.

"Trad" was my first and favourite music genre (being old enough to have been around before rock and pop) so these guys were a real treat; at first I thought they were just another street band, a few kids having fun, but they're way more than that. Erika Lewis is the real deal and then some. Fun too, to see a lady cornet player as the band leader.

I've downloaded the CD ....

Thanks again.

Eug
    Thank you, very kind, Mine's a pint.

Fantastic!
    " Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, (red) wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" Unknown

Shades of Daisy Mae!

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Skills can be taught. Character is either there or it's not!

Nice video.

I was on the main page checking out comments of the LSU/Bama game and saw where you posted it on the Main page.

Some corrections.

That isn't Cajun music. That would be New Orleans Jazz where Jazz was born. Mostly Creole in origins.

New Orleans in NOT a Cajun town. Never had a Cajun Mayor or City Council person in their history.

And, the food of the entire S Louisiana is not Cajun but Creole. All roux based dishes originated in the Caribbean by slaves owned by Frenchmen. This is a popular misconception when called Cajun food. A typical Cajun dish would have been roasted pork served with rice and yams.

This is what Cajun music sounds like and not to be confused with Zydeco.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJrqfWAvjc0
    "No figure, regardless of the heights they've reached and no figure regardless of the office they occupy, should be allowed in this country to cry witch hunt or fake news in an attempt to deflect their criminal wrongdoing."

Thanks for the education. Always good to learn something new. Stuff like that bugs me too. Especially things like people calling anything but beef skirts fajitas. Chickens don't have fajitas, and shrimp certainly don't. Traditionally fajitas was a cut of meat, NOT how it was prepared. There are lots of places where the old cultural norms are coopted and bastardized.

HPL

And just to be precise, I didn't say that it was Cajun music. I just implied that Cajuns might enjoy it. It came from Louisiana, there are lots of Cajuns there, bound to be some Cajuns who were in the crowd.

I did go and listen to your link, and except for the language, it reminded me of some Mexican musical genres with a mix of Texas Swing perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Nice video.

I was on the main page checking out comments of the LSU/Bama game and saw where you posted it on the Main page.

Some corrections.

That isn't Cajun music. That would be New Orleans Jazz where Jazz was born. Mostly Creole in origins.

New Orleans in NOT a Cajun town. Never had a Cajun Mayor or City Council person in their history.

And, the food of the entire S Louisiana is not Cajun but Creole. All roux based dishes originated in the Caribbean by slaves owned by Frenchmen. This is a popular misconception when called Cajun food. A typical Cajun dish would have been roasted pork served with rice and yams.

This is what Cajun music sounds like and not to be confused with Zydeco.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJrqfWAvjc0
    Last edited by HPL; 11-15-2019 at 01:24 AM.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    Thanks for the education. Always good to learn something new. Stuff like that bugs me too. Especially things like people calling anything but beef skirts fajitas. Chickens don't have fajitas, and shrimp certainly don't. Traditionally fajitas was a cut of meat, NOT how it was prepared. There are lots of places where the old cultural norms are coopted and bastardized.

HPL

And just to be precise, I didn't say that it was Cajun music. I just implied that Cajuns might enjoy it. It came from Louisiana, there are lots of Cajuns there, bound to be some Cajuns who were in the crowd.
    Had no clue as o its origins and had never heard it before. But I DID enjoy it.