Sure Is Nice Around Here.... - Page 4
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Sure Is Nice Around Here....

Quote Originally Posted by blind ambition View Post
    Who needs a salary when able to profit through ones property holdings at the government expense.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...d00_story.html

By David A. Fahrenthold,
    Jonathan O'Connell and
    Joshua Partlow

November 21, 2019 at 6:30 p.m. PST

The U.S. Secret Service paid more than $250,000 to President Trump’s private businesses in just the first five months of his presidency — paying Trump’s company an average of nearly $2,000 per day, according to Secret Service records.

Those records, obtained by the group Property of the People after an open-records lawsuit, detail some of the revenue that Trump derives from U.S. taxpayers.

The president has set up an extraordinary arrangement: He kept ownership of his businesses — and then visited them repeatedly, bringing along aides and security officials, and charging the government for what they bought.

...and there's more.

https://www.propublica.org/article/p...s-16-1-millionhttps://www.propublica.org/article/p...s-16-1-million

We’ve Found $16.1 Million in Political and Taxpayer Spending at Trump Properties

Most came from political entities such as the Trump campaign, but government agencies chipped in, too. “I could offer clarity,” one federal employee explained, “but I choose not to.”

by Derek Kravitz, Alex Mierjeski and Gabriel Sandoval
    June 27, 2018, 6 a.m. EDT

Interesting, but what did Obama's peregrinations cost US taxpayers in his first 5 months? Are President Trump's expenses significantly more?
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Setting aside for the moment that I challenged the value of forgoing a $400K salary for the profit made by holding office(while in office), Barack's personal travel expenses over the entirety of his two terms were a bargain at $96M compared to his predecessors; Bush $140M, Clinton $128M. As of May this year DJT has charged up $102M (in less than a 1/4 of BHO's time in office) on vacations with the doubly galling fact that his cost to the taxpayer has, for the most part, profited himself and his heirs.

Consider the State business he conducts at his enterprises and there is no reason to laud him for turning down the Presidential salary.

Thank you for elevating the use of language on this site, though air flights to and from Hawaii do not fit the strictest definition of peregrination.
    fOriginally Posted by a ftrustworthy long-standing fcontributor.

If ANYONE, be it an employee, employer, retired, military of government bureaucrat witnesses what they believe to be a crime, they have a responsibility to report it.

Hello, my name is Blind Ambition and for the benefit of those in doubt, I agree with the above statement in its entirety.

33% of the post about how nice it is not reading Flakos bs are from Flako.....
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Setting aside for the moment that I challenged the value of forgoing a $400K salary for the profit made by holding office(while in office), Barack's personal travel expenses over the entirety of his two terms were a bargain at $96M compared to his predecessors; Bush $140M, Clinton $128M. As of May this year DJT has charged up $102M (in less than a 1/4 of BHO's time in office) on vacations with the doubly galling fact that his cost to the taxpayer has, for the most part, profited himself and his heirs.

Consider the State business he conducts at his enterprises and there is no reason to laud him for turning down the Presidential salary.

Thank you for elevating the use of language on this site, though air flights to and from Hawaii do not fit the strictest definition of peregrination.
    I think I'll contest that statement. A peregrination is a journey, esp a long OR wandering one. Washington to Hawaii, although not wandering, fits the definition of LONG in my book.

Now, had I used the term "perambulation", I believe that you would have had a case, although still somewhat weak. In the vernacular, I would consider "peregrinations" to substitute for "travels", and "perambulations" for "wanderings".

HPL
    Last edited by HPL; 11-29-2019 at 08:44 PM.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    I think I'll contest that statement. A peregrination is a journey, esp a long OR wandering one. Washington to Hawaii, although not wandering, fits the definition of LONG in my book.

Now, had I used the term "perambulation", I believe that you would have had a case, although still somewhat weak. In the vernacular, I would consider "peregrinations" to substitute for "travels", and "perambulations" for "wanderings".

HPL

Interesting use of the word to describe a 10 hour flight.

Definition of peregrinate
    intransitive verb
    : to travel especially on foot : walk
    transitive verb
    : to walk or travel over : traverse
    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/peregrinate
    Last edited by mngundog; 11-29-2019 at 09:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SLAB View Post
    Sorry but Trump didn't do anything wrong.

......meanwhile the guy is not taking a salary, and doing things around the world doing amazing things.

Still impressed with 45’s feigned fiscal concern for his employers?
    fOriginally Posted by a ftrustworthy long-standing fcontributor.

If ANYONE, be it an employee, employer, retired, military of government bureaucrat witnesses what they believe to be a crime, they have a responsibility to report it.

Hello, my name is Blind Ambition and for the benefit of those in doubt, I agree with the above statement in its entirety.

ORIGIN OF PEREGRINATE

1585–95; < Latin peregrīnātus, past participle of peregrīnārī to travel abroad.
    (John Dewey)

(George Washington)

Still impressed with 45’s feigned fiscal concern for his employers?
    70 years of our allies freeloading on their committment to NATO. Maybe we could pay less if they met their responsibilities.

AMEN Cary!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker & Jessie View Post
    33% of the post about how nice it is not reading Flakos bs are from Flako.....
    Kind of like the whiny neighborhood kid nobody likes. No matter how many times he gets beat up and chased off, he keeps coming back.
    "I'm thankful someone stood up to him, even if it was a woman." Franco 10/18/19