Legends in Their Own Mind
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Legends in Their Own Mind

Default Legends in Their Own Mind

it is very hard to escape seeing the witnesses amid all the pomp & circumstance the Democrats are trying to impose
    on this farce of a hearing.

Has anyone bothered to look up the resume's of these individuals? Has any of them ever accomplished anything?

Are they really as important to the scheme of things as they seem to think they are?

During my time in college I was probably exposed to half a dozen high quality prof's out of close to 100, are these
    folks from that half a dozen or are they just the run of the mill hacks prevalent in any school.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Skills can be taught. Character is either there or it's not!

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post

During my time in college I was probably exposed to half a dozen high quality prof's out of close to 100, are these
    folks from that half a dozen or are they just the run of the mill hacks prevalent in any school.
    Anyone else have close to 100 college professors?

it is very hard to escape seeing the witnesses amid all the pomp & circumstance the Democrats are trying to impose

Has anyone bothered to look up the resume's of these individuals? Has any of them ever accomplished anything?

Are they really as important to the scheme of things as they seem to think they are?

First of all; these are not witnesses, they didn't witness anything. They were not privy or present for anything involved. All they're doing is bashing Mr. President; and expressing THEIR "opinion"!!!! Ms. Carlin, I believe, was a huge Hillary donor and on the "short list" for a SCOTUS nomination...............so she's biased.

To call them "witnesses" gives them credibility, which none of them have in this case. Even the 1 "pro-Trump" guy cannot be called a witness.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER

Joe Schimpf

HRCH UH River Joes Lil Supa Dupa-Dee.......500pt. club
    River Joes Lil Homeboy
    River Joes On Dee Tiger's Tail

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by dorkweed View Post
    First of all; these are not witnesses, they didn't witness anything. They were not privy or present for anything involved. All they're doing is bashing Mr. President; and expressing THEIR "opinion"!!!! Ms. Carlin, I believe, was a huge Hillary donor and on the "short list" for a SCOTUS nomination...............so she's biased.

To call them "witnesses" gives them credibility, which none of them have in this case. Even the 1 "pro-Trump" guy cannot be called a witness.
    Joe, you are right that they are not witnesses. They are there to try and convince the public that watches these hearings, that impeachment is reasonable. It would be far more appropriate on CSPN if anyone would watch and our Congress would choose get on with the country's business. It has been reported that the House will impeach before Christmas. So far, I doubt that will happen(not a prediction, only an opinion given the situation as of today). I am still waiting to see which side will blink first.

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    Anyone else have close to 100 college professors?
    Using a strict definition of "college professors", yes and probably even more. Using a broader definition of "college professors" to include those that "formally educate", I would say, far more than 100. Unlike Marvin, I found most to be highly competant in one or more areas.

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    Using a strict definition of "college professors", yes and probably even more. Using a broader definition of "college professors" to include those that "formally educate", I would say, far more than 100. Unlike Marvin, I found most to be highly competant in one or more areas.
    Sort of Bly definition, there will be far fewer "outstanding" individuals in any group than even highly competent ones. I have had quite a few highly competent teachers, a few truly outstanding ones, and quite a few who were either completely incompetent, or very good in their field, but poor educators.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

I watched for a short while but it was obvious to me it wasn't serous, just a Gilbert & Sullivan farce.
    "If you train a young dog for momentum, precision will arrive. If you train for precision, demanding perfection, momentum will depart." ~Rex Carr

Reactions to Karlan's comments about "titles of nobility" and the name of donald donald trump's son show clearly where we are as a country.

Half think it's a funny "pun", the other half think it shows left/elite smugness and contempt for anything or anyone associated with trump, even a minor child.

My reaction to her.......Lord what an ugly human being, inside and out.
    john mccallie

cornbread and ice tea 's took the place of pills and 90 proof

"Let the record show, no-one raised their hand....."
    Congressman Matt Gaetz

Nuff said.
    Last edited by road kill; 12-05-2019 at 09:27 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory, the MOMENT." ~ Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    Reactions to Karlan's comments about "titles of nobility" and the name of donald donald trump's son show clearly where we are as a country.

Half think it's a funny "pun", the other half think it shows left/elite smugness and contempt for anything or anyone associated with trump, even a minor child.

My reaction to her.......Lord what an ugly human being, inside and out.
    She may have told the truth in one of her op eds. She said liberals tended to congregate and conservatives tended to disperse. Liberals tend to work in government and conservatives tend to work in the private sector.