Anybody see the jobs report? - Page 6
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Anybody see the jobs report?

How about some reality? GDP growth for 2019 is 2.1%. GDP growth for 2015 was 2.9%. The slight bump middle class income is due to the FACT that half the states in the last three years have increased Minimum Wage. Some states now have it over twice the minimum. The deep south states are stuck with the $7.25 per hour minimum. Low unemployment rates is due to the Baby Boomers retiring. Obama created more jobs in his final three years than Trump is his first three years. Toss in that Trump has added over a TRILLION dollars annually to the Nat'l Debt, more than doubling the deficit spending compared to Obama's last term!
    Why would the Russians try to re-elect Trump?
    Because he’s making Russia great again—while crippling American power and influence.
    The Trump Presidency is Putin’s dream come true.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Haven’t you heard, spending and the deficit no longer matter, they went away along with Ebola.

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    Haven’t you heard, spending and the deficit no longer matter, they went away along with Ebola.
    It matters to me no matter who is in the White House. Perhaps we have some common ground here, what government spending do you want to cut?
    "I'm thankful someone stood up to him, even if it was a woman." Franco 10/18/19

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Franky, you still 'slip slide' along! This thread addresses the "Jobs Report"! Yet you always switch to something you think, you can make since of....! Slippery snake you are...

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    How about some reality? GDP growth for 2019 is 2.1%. GDP growth for 2015 was 2.9%. The slight bump middle class income is due to the FACT that half the states in the last three years have increased Minimum Wage. Some states now have it over twice the minimum. The deep south states are stuck with the $7.25 per hour minimum. Low unemployment rates is due to the Baby Boomers retiring. Obama created more jobs in his final three years than Trump is his first three years. Toss in that Trump has added over a TRILLION dollars annually to the Nat'l Debt, more than doubling the deficit spending compared to Obama's last term!
    Start with the deficit. Both the Democrats and Republicans voted for the budget. Tell me if a single Democrat voted against it. And Trump did sign it. THEY ARE ALL GUILTY!!

Minimum wage eliminates jobs and prevents the very poor with no job skills and no job experience, from the labor force. Add in welfare and they are locked in dependence and control of the government. Hard for me to find now but I think I once saw a report that median income of the middle class dropped around $6,000 during Obama"s Presidency. Today the median income of the middle class is going up.

Full employment was once believed to be at 5% unemployment. At less than 4% today, it is the lowest I can remember and probably the lowest ever. Given full employment, only labor efficiency or increased capital will result in GDP growth. Without an increase in labor or capital or increased labor efficiency, there can be no increase in GDP. Minimum wage only negatively affects GDP.

Minimum wage does nothing for those that are entering the labor force for the first time. In fact it hurts them. Once hired and they stay with their job, they receive an increase, on average in less than 6 months. Today in the South, I doubt you can find a job offering at minimum wage and if you count benefits, the wage is far greater.

We don't have a budget crisis. We have a spending crisis and all that voted for the budget are guilty and so is Trump. Only recently Pelosi bragged on the House passing a bill that included more help for the American Indian. Does anyone doubt that the so called "HELP" will continue the dependence and control of the government by them? Does anyone think the effect will be any different than the last 150 years?
    Last edited by caryalsobrook; 02-18-2020 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    You want to see an astronomical figure? The low discount(interest) rate of the FED was .01% during the Obama Presidency. Last time I checked, it was 1.85%. That is an increase of over ONE THOUSAND PERCENT!!! I believe it is still too low but it does have a negative effect of the deficit.

Who said that?
    Can you show a quote from someone, besides yourself, that said that?
    Stan b & Elvis

So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory, the MOMENT." ~ Aldo Leopold

Pretty sure that’s not something a moderate would say.

This chart makes it look like a spending problem?

20200218_121303.jpg
    john mccallie

cornbread and ice tea 's took the place of pills and 90 proof

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    This chart makes it look like a spending problem?

20200218_121303.jpg
    You think government spendng is going up a lot faster than the taxpayor can make it???