Anybody see the jobs report?
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody see the jobs report?

Default Anybody see the jobs report?

While Dems put on the impeachment dog and pony show, the economy keeps improving.
    Unemployment at 3.5
    And the Dow at 28000
    And as an added bonus, 700,000 people age 18-49, able-bodied, no dependents ...kicked off the foodstamp program.

How are things looking in other developed nations with more “enlightened” leaders? It sure hurts that we are the laughingstock.
    How are Canada’s and France’s economies doing?
    Matt McKenzie

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Henry Ford

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Matt McKenzie View Post
    While Dems put on the impeachment dog and pony show, the economy keeps improving.
    Unemployment at 3.5
    And the Dow at 28000
    And as an added bonus, 700,000 people age 18-49, able-bodied, no dependents ...kicked off the foodstamp program.

How are things looking in other developed nations with more “enlightened” leaders? It sure hurts that we are the laughingstock.
    Did I also read that our friends to the North LOST 70K+ jobs over the same time period?
    Stan b & Elvis

So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory, the MOMENT." ~ Aldo Leopold

Unemployment at 3.5
    And the Dow at 28000

Without the impeachment show, which is backfiring, the dems have nothing.

Here is one hilarious response to the new food stamp requirements.
    https://www.thenation.com/article/tr...amps-homeless/
    "I'm thankful someone stood up to him, even if it was a woman." Franco 10/18/19

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by drunkenpoacher View Post
    Without the impeachment show, which is backfiring, the dems have nothing.

Here is one hilarious response to the new food stamp requirements.
    https://www.thenation.com/article/tr...amps-homeless/
    I clicked on your link poster and two things struck me.
    First was the large picture saying we accept EBT outside of convenience store.
    Now we all know and we stopped at a convenience store that we're going to pay more for the food we buy then we would have went to the grocery store or Supermarket or Walmart.
    But we stopped at the convenience store because it's convenient because we're on our way to work or something else we don't have time to go to the supermarket and wait in line, but we make the decision that the convenience is worth the additional cost for us to pay for that convenience.
    That shouldn't be an issue for the unemployed they got all day to go to the supermarket and get their food at a better price.
    This is the richest country ever and I don't believe anybody should go hungry in the richest country ever.
    That being said not going hungry shouldn't include be able to buy your food wherever the hell you want to him be able to buy whatever junk food you want.
    In my humble opinion if you can't afford your own food you ought to be restricted to buying food at the cheapest places and if I'm paying for it I want you to buy generic nutritious food.
    I would actually prefer a system where you eliminate all the red tape and just have a Commodities place for the pork and show up and get all the cheap cheese beans rice Commodities peanut butter hamburger they need.

The second thing that struck me was this quote from the sniveling woe is me the mean ass gpoberment is being cruel to the poor" article;
    ....To continue being eligible for food stamps in these that are losing their waivers, recipients will either have to work or enroll in “work programs,”......

Oh my God the horrors being inflicted on able-bodied Younger Americans to get free food................
    FREE food paid for by you and me.
    And you and me don't get a choice in whether or not we get to Pony up for the free food for these able bodied poor.

I would venture to Guess that 95% of us do far more than go to a jobs program to earn the money that they steal from us to feed these able-bodied poor.

So they're not really denying them the food benefits they're just making them either work or go to a job program

Give me a freaking break

Welcome to the Trump cult Tiger.
    Has anyone else noticed, nearly every place that sells food of any kind has a help wanted sign in the window.

Has anyone else noticed, nearly every place that sells food of any kind has a help wanted sign in the window.
    I see Help Wanted signs not in places that sell food but in every place I go to.
    As this thread is about the unemployment rate is at historic lows of 3.5%
    In this environment if you don't have a job it's because you don't want to have a job.
    If you are unemployed and willing to live off of savings while you search for the perfect job or don't want to have a job there's no problem.
    BUT if you don't have savings you need to take whatever JOB is available to sustain yourself until such time as the ideal job presents itself

Quote Originally Posted by trumpfan View Post
    I see Help Wanted signs not in places that sell food but in every place I go to.
    As this thread is about the unemployment rate is at historic lows of 3.5%
    In this environment if you don't have a job it's because you don't want to have a job.
    If you are unemployed and willing to live off of savings while you search for the perfect job or don't want to have a job there's no problem.
    BUT if you don't have savings you need to take whatever JOB is available to sustain yourself until such time as the ideal job presents itself
    My point, what could be more pathetic than an able-bodied adult using food stamps at a store with a help wanted sign in the window.
    Last edited by drunkenpoacher; 12-07-2019 at 11:06 AM.

Unemployment at 3.5
    And the Dow at 28000

Lies! All LIES!!! Only a Trump cultist could be happy with those numbers! Trump continues to live off the wonderful recovery that Obama started! The walls are closing in!

Closing in on a landslide victory in 2020.
    DUCKDAWG'S MAC'S MAGICAL MR. OCTOBER SH -- Reggie

Quote Originally Posted by tigerfan View Post
    . I would actually prefer a system where you eliminate all the red tape and just have a Commodities place for the pork
    and show up and get all the cheap cheese beans rice Commodities peanut butter hamburger they need
    As it was when I grew up! Only problem is, folks are to lazy to cook their own stuff .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Skills can be taught. Character is either there or it's not!

Quote Originally Posted by tigerfan View Post
    I clicked on your link poster and two things struck me.
    First was the large picture saying we accept EBT outside of convenience store.
    Now we all know and we stopped at a convenience store that we're going to pay more for the food we buy then we would have went to the grocery store or Supermarket or Walmart.
    But we stopped at the convenience store because it's convenient because we're on our way to work or something else we don't have time to go to the supermarket and wait in line, but we make the decision that the convenience is worth the additional cost for us to pay for that convenience.
    That shouldn't be an issue for the unemployed they got all day to go to the supermarket and get their food at a better price.
    This is the richest country ever and I don't believe anybody should go hungry in the richest country ever.
    That being said not going hungry shouldn't include be able to buy your food wherever the hell you want to him be able to buy whatever junk food you want.
    In my humble opinion if you can't afford your own food you ought to be restricted to buying food at the cheapest places and if I'm paying for it I want you to buy generic nutritious food.
    I would actually prefer a system where you eliminate all the red tape and just have a Commodities place for the pork and show up and get all the cheap cheese beans rice Commodities peanut butter hamburger they need.

The second thing that struck me was this quote from the sniveling woe is me the mean ass gpoberment is being cruel to the poor" article;
    ....To continue being eligible for food stamps in these that are losing their waivers, recipients will either have to work or enroll in “work programs,”......

Oh my God the horrors being inflicted on able-bodied Younger Americans to get free food................
    FREE food paid for by you and me.
    And you and me don't get a choice in whether or not we get to Pony up for the free food for these able bodied poor.

I would venture to Guess that 95% of us do far more than go to a jobs program to earn the money that they steal from us to feed these able-bodied poor.

So they're not really denying them the food benefits they're just making them either work or go to a job program

Give me a freaking break

Absolutely! Every town should have a food clearinghouse where those in need can get dried beans, rice, corn, corn meal, generic flour, canned vegetables, and so on. Whole chickens, or those 10lb for 5 bucks bags of frozen leg quarters. If you eat beans with either rice or corn, you get all the amino acids to form a complete protein. The food should be nutritious, as unprocessed as possible, and as much as can be from surplus supplies. The only problem here is that that would probably mean ANOTHER bureaucracy with thousands more employees, although working there could be something that fulfills the work requirement for receiving food assistance.

Ii have the advantage of having a deep freeze (which I purchased for less than half price as a scratch and dent item from Lowes after waiting for a year or so for one to come available) and a vacuum sealer (which was my Christmas present from my wife a couple of years ago). Those two items allow me to buy the whole pork loins when they drop to $1.69/lb and turkeys when they drop to $0.69/lb around this time of year (and this year I went to the store the day after Thanksgiving and got a 22lb fresh turkey for just under $9.00!! (have to sell those fresh ones quick or else). We cooked two (22lb) turkeys at Thanksgiving, one to serve and one to bone out and freeze, plus I have three whole ones in the deep freeze. You have to learn to shop.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com