Trump Hoist White Flag, Surrenders To China Trade Deal
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach

Thread: Trump Hoist White Flag, Surrenders To China Trade Deal

Default Trump Hoist White Flag, Surrenders To China Trade Deal

The Trump administration seems to have reached terms with Beijing over a “Phase One” China trade deal, which President Trump will surely tout as a victory for himself and the United States. But if the president strikes the deal on the terms being reported, he will actually be making a huge concession to Beijing that achieves few U.S. goals and is so bad that even Trump will have trouble spinning it as a political win.

Thursday afternoon, several media outlets reported that the United States and China have agreed to a limited, interim trade deal that will surely boost markets in the short term and provide a temporary de-escalation of the U.S.-China trade war. For more than two months, sources briefed on the negotiations told me, the two sides had been stuck. The Trump administration wanted to freeze tariffs in exchange for Beijing agreeing to purchase more U.S. agricultural products and granting more market access for U.S. financial firms. But China wouldn’t sign off, demanding the White House sweeten the pot by offering substantial tariff rollbacks as well.

Under the deal, China will increase some agricultural purchases from the United States, which it would have done anyway because the country is in the throes of a swine flu that has killed 100 million pigs and cut the country's pork production in half. China has also made promises to improve its protection of intellectual properties, something else that China was already doing anyway.

The agreement as contains "temporary and unreliable" concessions from China.
    The benefits of the trade war are speculative but the costs are real. Trump’s tariffs have cost Americans $88 billion, one of the biggest tax hikes in history. To cushion the blow, he gave $28 billion to farmers—twice the cost of the 2009 auto bailout.
    Bolton said "the American president has to be honest with his own people." The audience laughed... and Bolton said... "See? Another controversial statement!"

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Guess you missed this weeks Stock Markets! I have more faith in how these markets react to international trade deals, than someone who consistantly show he has TDS!

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    Guess you missed this weeks Stock Markets! I have more faith in how these markets react to international trade deals, than someone who consistantly show he has TDS!
    I don't know what Flanko said to start this but I have to agree with you��
    I used to be M&Ks Retrievers but for some reason I could no longer post. Ya think the mods trying to tell me something?

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker & Jessie View Post
    I don't know what Flanko said to start this but I have to agree with you��
    So much for this quote,

..since I blocked Franko. Two weeks of very little BS.

LOL
    ROCK CHALK

What is Faith? It is the confident assurance that something we want is going to happen. It is the certainty that what we hope for is waiting for us, even though we cannot see it up ahead. ​HEBREWS 11:1

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    Then you must have loved Obama since the DOW nearly tripled under his watch.
    Bolton said "the American president has to be honest with his own people." The audience laughed... and Bolton said... "See? Another controversial statement!"

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Then you must have loved Obama since the DOW nearly tripled under his watch.
    If the DOW was "1" and he "tripled" it, the DOW went to "3". If the DOW was "4" and he tripled it, it would go to "12".

Numbers can be deceiving. The low discount rate during the Obama term of office was .01% and I believe now it is 1.85%(close anyway). That determines the prime interest rate. It did not "triple". It died not go up 10 times. It went up 185 times. When you have very high unemployment rates and very low interest rates, When you have very low unemployment, the only ways to have higher GDP is to have labor work more hours or some way to hav higher produtivety. This cannot be done in a short period of time. In order to increase GDP is a higher capital to labor or the work output of labor to be higher.

This report contradicts the OP;

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/ch...wXmdED-zHJuw4M

Who'd of ever thunk it?
    Stan b & Elvis

So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory, the MOMENT." ~ Aldo Leopold

Are you tired of winning yet?
    Matt McKenzie

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Henry Ford