More Ukraine
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: More Ukraine

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pac NW
    Posts
    8,392

    Default More Ukraine

    From the New Yorker - 12-23-2019 -- The Man in the Middle

    Excerpts from 38 columns of story:

    In the 2004 national elections Lutsenko (disgraced former prosecutor) supported Viktor Yushenko, who became President of the Ukraine in 2005
    as he felt the other candidate was too close to Moscow. In 2009 he supported Yulia Tymoshenko who lost to Yanukovych who was supported by
    Yushenko. the new guy promptly threw Lutsenko in prison where he languished in a 9 square meter cell with 3 other men for 2 & 1/2 years.

    In 2014 after the Orange Revolution, headed by Lutsenko, gained traction the then president Yanukovych & his allies raided the Ukraine treasury
    & squirreled the money around the world in various bank accounts before moving to Russia. Ukraine was bankrupt & trying to defend themselves
    against Russian aggression. Into that void came the Obama administration for whatever that was worth. Biden was the Obama's point man.

    Yovanovich, the US rep, is in there trying to influence the process.

    An interesting read & interestingly enough the accused corrupt prosecutor, Lutsenko, emerges looking like the good guy.

    I can see why no one especially the D's want the full story of this to emerge. Thanks New Yorker!
    __________________________

    Marvin S

    Everyone's friend is No One's friend

    Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

    Skills can be taught. Character is either there or it's not!

  2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member blind ambition's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Vancouver CANADA
    Posts
    2,153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    From the New Yorker - 12-23-2019 -- The Man in the Middle

    Excerpts from 38 columns of story:

    ......I can see why no one especially the D's want the full story of this to emerge. Thanks New Yorker!

    Wow! Did you read the Adan Entous article or just some weak dissembled editorial from a source betting their audience would never fact check against the actual New Yorker piece? You might not believe everything in the New Yorker, nor for that matter might I, but please don’t be so naive as to think that by parroting some even less credible editorial you understand the argument postulated in the original.

    for those who wish to weigh one editorial vs. another here is the item at the centre of the post:

    https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...ps-impeachment


    ....and Marv, if you wish to learn the elementary skill of attaching links citing the proof for your posts, just PM me or anyone else here, it isn’t rocket surgery....even aeronautical engineers can do it.
    Originally Posted by caryalsobrook

    If ANYONE, be it an employee, employer, retired, military of government bureaucrat witnesses what they believe to be a crime, they have a responsibility to report it.

  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Halls, Tn.
    Posts
    4,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blind ambition View Post
    Wow! Did you read the Adan Entous article or just some weak dissembled editorial from a source betting their audience would never fact check against the actual New Yorker piece? You might not believe everything in the New Yorker, nor for that matter might I, but please don’t be so naive as to think that by parroting some even less credible editorial you understand the argument postulated in the original.

    for those who wish to weigh one editorial vs. another here is the item at the centre of the post:

    https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...ps-impeachment


    ....and Marv, if you wish to learn the elementary skill of attaching links citing the proof for your posts, just PM me or anyone else here, it isn’t rocket surgery....even aeronautical engineers can do it.
    I read most of your link but it was hard given the title of the editorial. Even that is pure propaganda. The FACT is that Hunter Bidan's relationship with Burisma(sp?), and Joe's bragging that he had personally seen that the prosecutor was fired by threatening to hold upaid to the Ukraine had been published in the WSJ, NYT, Wash. Post and the NYer. It is more that a huge streach that one has to "dig up" infuence peddling that flys from a flag pole.

    This episode, along with with the exmples of both the FBI and DOJ illustrate the real need to clear out those political appointees from previous presidents. The current president MAY hire a few back but should use the utmost care. Trump was elected to "drain the swamp". I could not define what the "swamp" was when he was elected but it is now apparent to me that the "swamp" is the stagnation of review by those very political appointees chosen by the next president. What keeps the prior ones honest is the knowledge that their actions will be reviewed by the political appointees of the next president. The sooner Trump fires every last one of them, the better off both he and we will be.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pac NW
    Posts
    8,392

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blind ambition View Post
    Wow! Did you read the Adan Entous article or just some weak dissembled editorial from a source betting their audience would never fact check against the actual New Yorker piece? You might not believe everything in the New Yorker, nor for that matter might I, but please don’t be so naive as to think that by parroting some even less credible editorial you understand the argument postulated in the original.

    for those who wish to weigh one editorial vs. another here is the item at the centre of the post:

    https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...ps-impeachment


    ....and Marv, if you wish to learn the elementary skill of attaching links citing the proof for your posts, just PM me or anyone else here, it isn’t rocket surgery....even aeronautical engineers can do it.
    Thanks for the link - As for the other drivel you posted, you do what you do & I will go my own way.

    It's all there for everyone to read if they care to - they also will reach their own conclusions about the
    enormity of what they read.

    Beyond that, as long as Leaky & his drug addled son skate, it's all political .
    __________________________

    Marvin S

    Everyone's friend is No One's friend

    Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

    Skills can be taught. Character is either there or it's not!

  7. #5
    Senior Member blind ambition's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Vancouver CANADA
    Posts
    2,153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    I read most of your link but it was hard given the title of the editorial. Even that is pure propaganda. The FACT is that Hunter Bidan's relationship with Burisma(sp?), and Joe's bragging that he had personally seen that the prosecutor was fired by threatening to hold upaid to the Ukraine had been published in the WSJ, NYT, Wash. Post and the NYer. It is more that a huge streach that one has to "dig up" infuence peddling that flys from a flag pole.
    a) It was a link to the article to which Marv, wished us to read.
    b) Your comment appears to indicate that either you didn’t read the entire piece or that you read it with such desire for confirmation bias that comprehension of the author’s version of the facts eluded you.

    For those of us who remember the attempts to draw the Ukraine closer to NATO leading up to Russia repossessing the Crimea; the desire by that body and all its member states to rid the Ukraine of its Russian influenced corruption before it could be fully admitted into Western organizations there is nothing opaque or covert about the previous administration’s actions and the then VPs mission and message on corruption within the Ukraine.
    The reason Russia acted as it did in the Crimea and then in the Donbas region was in retaliation for the effectiveness of those Western initiatives, the current reinterpretations being offered by the WH and the GOP is essentially Russia’s campaign at distracting the the West from dealing with their aggressive attempt to control their old Soviet era buffer state.
    Originally Posted by caryalsobrook

    If ANYONE, be it an employee, employer, retired, military of government bureaucrat witnesses what they believe to be a crime, they have a responsibility to report it.

  8. #6
    Senior Member blind ambition's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Vancouver CANADA
    Posts
    2,153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post

    Thanks for the link - As for the other drivel you posted, you do what you do & I will go my own way.
    When you are viewing an on line item which you think worth sharing; click on the address bar for that page, “select all” then “copy”, return to RTF, start your post and at the appropriate place in your text press “paste” . You can go back to the item in another tab and select and copy lines or blocks of text to then post into your RTF post.
    Here’s an example; I just opened another tab in my browser, I will post the link using the method just described, so:

    https://www.psycom.net/antisocial-pe...ociopath-test/

    I like to leave a space between my composition and the link but that isn’t essential. Now I will go back to that open tab and highlight and copy some text, which I believe helps those who might not bother to go to the link provided understand the most salient reason for me linking it in the first place. Like so:

    Do you find yourself unable to empathize with others dealing with difficult situations?Yes
    No


    ......
    et voilá, you should now be able to cite your sources and direct readers to the information for them to read and evaluate and draw their own conclusions. Going forward, failure to perform this simple operation could mark one as either incompetent or lazy.

    Last edited by blind ambition; 12-22-2019 at 12:40 AM.
    Originally Posted by caryalsobrook

    If ANYONE, be it an employee, employer, retired, military of government bureaucrat witnesses what they believe to be a crime, they have a responsibility to report it.

  9. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Halls, Tn.
    Posts
    4,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blind ambition View Post
    When you are viewing an on line item which you think worth sharing; click on the address bar for that page, “select all” then “copy”, return to RTF, start your post and at the appropriate place in your text press “paste” . You can go back to the item in another tab and select and copy lines or blocks of text to then post into your RTF post.
    Here’s an example; I just opened another tab in my browser, I will post the link using the method just described, so:

    https://www.psycom.net/antisocial-pe...ociopath-test/

    I like to leave a space between my composition and the link but that isn’t essential. Now I will go back to that open tab and highlight and copy some text, which I believe helps those who might not bother to go to the link provided understand the most salient reason for me linking it in the first place. Like so:

    Do you find yourself unable to empathize with others dealing with difficult situations?Yes
    No


    ......
    et voilá, you should now be able to cite your sources and direct readers to the information for them to read and evaluate and draw their own conclusions. Going forward, failure to perform this simple operation could mark one as either incompetent or lazy.

    I took the link to the New Yorker and got it from your post. If it was Marvin's link my comments still apply. I actually did not see another link. If the link you posted was article Marvin was referencing then as I said, my response would be to him.

  10. #8
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    DuLarge-Dulac-Cocodrie Metroplex, La.
    Posts
    16,192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blind ambition View Post
    Wow! Did you read the Adan Entous article or just some weak dissembled editorial from a source betting their audience would never fact check against the actual New Yorker piece? You might not believe everything in the New Yorker, nor for that matter might I, but please don’t be so naive as to think that by parroting some even less credible editorial you understand the argument postulated in the original.

    for those who wish to weigh one editorial vs. another here is the item at the centre of the post:

    https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...ps-impeachment


    ....and Marv, if you wish to learn the elementary skill of attaching links citing the proof for your posts, just PM me or anyone else here, it isn’t rocket surgery....even aeronautical engineers can do it.
    Bingo! ...
    Bolton said "the American president has to be honest with his own people." The audience laughed... and Bolton said... "See? Another controversial statement!"











  11. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pac NW
    Posts
    8,392

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blind ambition View Post
    When you are viewing an on line item which you think worth sharing; click on the address bar for that page, “select all” then “copy”, return to RTF, start your post and at the appropriate place in your text press “paste” . You can go back to the item in another tab and select and copy lines or blocks of text to then post into your RTF post.
    Here’s an example; I just opened another tab in my browser, I will post the link using the method just described, so:

    https://www.psycom.net/antisocial-pe...ociopath-test/

    I like to leave a space between my composition and the link but that isn’t essential. Now I will go back to that open tab and highlight and copy some text, which I believe helps those who might not bother to go to the link provided understand the most salient reason for me linking it in the first place. Like so:

    Do you find yourself unable to empathize with others dealing with difficult situations?Yes
    No


    ......
    et voilá, you should now be able to cite your sources and direct readers to the information for them to read and evaluate and draw their own conclusions. Going forward, failure to perform this simple operation could mark one as either incompetent or lazy.

    So posts someone who, from it's past postings, shows the mentality level of
    a swamper at the local convenience store!
    __________________________

    Marvin S

    Everyone's friend is No One's friend

    Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

    Skills can be taught. Character is either there or it's not!

  12. #10
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    15,218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blind ambition View Post
    When you are viewing an on line item which you think worth sharing; click on the address bar for that page, “select all” then “copy”, return to RTF, start your post and at the appropriate place in your text press “paste” . You can go back to the item in another tab and select and copy lines or blocks of text to then post into your RTF post.
    Here’s an example; I just opened another tab in my browser, I will post the link using the method just described, so:

    https://www.psycom.net/antisocial-pe...ociopath-test/

    I like to leave a space between my composition and the link but that isn’t essential. Now I will go back to that open tab and highlight and copy some text, which I believe helps those who might not bother to go to the link provided understand the most salient reason for me linking it in the first place. Like so:

    Do you find yourself unable to empathize with others dealing with difficult situations?Yes
    No


    ......
    et voilá, you should now be able to cite your sources and direct readers to the information for them to read and evaluate and draw their own conclusions. Going forward, failure to perform this simple operation could mark one as either incompetent or lazy.

    Or perhaps identify you as unable to research anything on your own other than what you are spoon fed by the complicit media.
    Last edited by road kill; 01-16-2020 at 03:39 PM.
    Stan b & Elvis

    So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory, the MOMENT." ~ Aldo Leopold

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •