Senate Impeachment Trial
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Senate Impeachment Trial

Default Senate Impeachment Trial

The Blue side doesn't have the votes in the Senate to expel the Trumpster from office AND the Red side knows this, as do most Americans. Having a full blown trial with all the trimmings would eliminate any and all suspicion away from the Red side. No Blue supporter could scream foul.

Yet the Grim Reaper won't, as of today, do this. I am confused as to why not. Rid yourself of being perceived as bias and be done with it.

THE BLUE SIDE AIN'T GOT THE VOTES AND THEY NEVER WILL
    ROCK CHALK

What is Faith? It is the confident assurance that something we want is going to happen. It is the certainty that what we hope for is waiting for us, even though we cannot see it up ahead. ​HEBREWS 11:1

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Reginald View Post
    The Blue side doesn't have the votes in the Senate to expel the Trumpster from office AND the Red side knows this, as do most Americans. Having a full blown trial with all the trimmings would eliminate any and all suspicion away from the Red side. No Blue supporter could scream foul.

Yet the Grim Reaper won't, as of today, do this. I am confused as to why not. Rid yourself of being perceived as bias and be done with it.

THE BLUE SIDE AIN'T GOT THE VOTES AND THEY NEVER WILL
    Reginald, the blue side HAD the votes and DID NOTHING. Why in the heck do you now expect the red side should be responbsible to do what the blue side was too FU567NG LAZY TO DO?????

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    Reginald, the blue side HAD the votes and DID NOTHING. Why in the heck do you now expect the red side should be responbsible to do what the blue side was too FU567NG LAZY TO DO?????
    HUH?

In the Senate?

I didn't realize the Blue side controlled the Senate too. GEEZ how dumb am I. LOL
    ROCK CHALK

What is Faith? It is the confident assurance that something we want is going to happen. It is the certainty that what we hope for is waiting for us, even though we cannot see it up ahead. ​HEBREWS 11:1

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

HUH?

In the Senate?

I didn't realize the Blue side controlled the Senate too. GEEZ how dumb am I. LOL
    Pretty dumb. THE HOUSE could have called ANYONE that the Senate could have called. You do realize that Trump could contest in the courts the VERY SAME PEOPLE that Shumer now wants to call don't you?????

PS

You do know that Trump has already refused to let then testify don't you??
    Last edited by caryalsobrook; 12-22-2019 at 03:33 PM.

Pretty dumb. THE HOUSE could have called ANYONE that the Senate could have called. You do realize that Trump could contest in the courts the VERY SAME PEOPLE that Shumer now wants to call don't you?????

PS

You do know that Trump has already refused to let then testify don't you??
    You might want to go back and re read my OP. I'm talking about the Senate. The House DOES NOT have the votes in the Senate.. GEEZ Reread then try to re-comprehend.
    ROCK CHALK

No Blue supporter could scream foul.
    It is an absolute certainty that dems will scream foul no matter what the senate does. I bet even our resident "Libertarian" will be crying foul in all caps and extra punctuation.
    "I'm thankful someone stood up to him, even if it was a woman." Franco 10/18/19

Quote Originally Posted by drunkenpoacher View Post
    It is an absolute certainty that dems will scream foul no matter what the senate does. I bet even our resident "Libertarian" will be crying foul in all caps and extra punctuation.
    x2.....although less loudly than the repubs during trumps impeachment.

You might want to go back and re read my OP. I'm talking about the Senate. The House DOES NOT have the votes in the Senate.. GEEZ Reread then try to re-comprehend.
    Reginald, for the Senate to do what Shumer asks, it would have to subpoena the very same 4 people that the House did. Three of them Trump refused to allow to testify and Boulden said he would only do what the court ordered. The dims of the House decided that it would then forget about going to court ands seek a court order requiring them to testify. THE DIMS OF THE HOUSE WERE TOO LAZY TO DO WHAT THEY NOW ASK THE SENATE TO DO. Don't you understand that if the Senate subpoened those 4 that Trump would again do the very same thing that he did when the House subpoened them???

Again, the HOUSE could have done what they now demand the SENATE to do. If you had listened to McConnell's speech on the Senate floor, he made it very clear. He said that the dims were not going to get the Senate go down the very same road that the House had gone, making the Senate look like the incompetents of the House. If the dims wanted those 4 to testify, the HOUSE should have gone to court to force them. They could have taken the time and effort to do so rather than trying to force the Senate to do it.

Reginald, for the Senate to do what Shumer asks, it would have to subpoena the very same 4 people that the House did. Three of them Trump refused to allow to testify and Boulden said he would only do what the court ordered. The dims of the House decided that it would then forget about going to court ands seek a court order requiring them to testify. THE DIMS OF THE HOUSE WERE TOO LAZY TO DO WHAT THEY NOW ASK THE SENATE TO DO. Don't you understand that if the Senate subpoened those 4 that Trump would again do the very same thing that he did when the House subpoened them???

Again, the HOUSE could have done what they now demand the SENATE to do. If you had listened to McConnell's speech on the Senate floor, he made it very clear. He said that the dims were not going to get the Senate go down the very same road that the House had gone, making the Senate look like the incompetents of the House. If the dims wanted those 4 to testify, the HOUSE should have gone to court to force them. They could have taken the time and effort to do so rather than trying to force the Senate to do it.
    I believe you are missing my point entirely. The Grim Reaper could do it but he won't. Yes the House could have went to court. The reaper could call them and if, if he did I am saying the Dems couldn't scream foul. It would be a clean trial. It won't be only, ONLY if the president doesn't allow it. And if he has nothing to hide and feels "it was a beautiful call" then let'em testify.

By doing so, the majority of the american voters who voted for a Blue candidate can then go tuck tail and hide in their collective cave!!!
    ROCK CHALK

I believe you are missing my point entirely. The Grim Reaper could do it but he won't. Yes the House could have went to court. The reaper could call them and if, if he did I am saying the Dems couldn't scream foul. It would be a clean trial. It won't be only, ONLY if the president doesn't allow it. And if he has nothing to hide and feels "it was a beautiful call" then let'em testify.

By doing so, the majority of the american voters who voted for a Blue candidate can then go tuck tail and hide in their collective cave!!!
    You are right. I did not understand your point. But let me say that I do believe that McConnell is determined that the Senate will not be made a laughing stock as the House has.

Now let me say what the result will be if he allows Pelosi and Shumer to get their way. Assuming that the courts agree with the sublpeonas, Trump advocates will want to also call some witnesses, including both Bidens, Shift and his staff, the whistle blower, just to name a few. Oh I forgot. How aboutr calling Pelosi to justify the refusal to send the articles of impeachment to the Senate, claiming that witnesses be allowed when she had previously given three REQUIREMENTS for an impeachment, none of which have been met?? What about most of those Congressmen and women that voted for impeachment, CLAIMING that the evidence was OVERWHELMING? If it is so "overwhelming" why the need to call additional witnesses, looking for new evidence??? I think Trump is actually happy to go down this reoad but McConnell is determined not to do so. His objective is to convince him that a win is a win and LET IT GO. Take it to the people and get reelected. He wants to see that the Senate is not truned into a circus.