What Would Make America Great?
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: What Would Make America Great?

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    780

    Default What Would Make America Great?

    If we had more Politicians with this same type of thinking, be it Republican or Democrat.

    Let me also say this, I don't really care what you think of gentleman X or woman Y. I don't care about their views. Just don't vote on a bill to further your political career or for your party. Try to represent ALL of the people from your district or state or whatever you represent.

    https://www.ktuu.com/content/news/-Murkowski-disturbed-by-McConnells-vow-for-total-coordination-with-White-House-for-impeachment-trial-566472361.html


    "If it means that I am viewed as one who looks openly and critically at every issue in front of me, rather than acting as a rubber stamp for my party or my president, I'm totally good with that," she said.
    ROCK CHALK

    What is Faith? It is the confident assurance that something we want is going to happen. It is the certainty that what we hope for is waiting for us, even though we cannot see it up ahead. ​HEBREWS 11:1

  2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    16,170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reginald View Post
    If we had more Politicians with this same type of thinking, be it Republican or Democrat.

    Let me also say this, I don't really care what you think of gentleman X or woman Y. I don't care about their views. Just don't vote on a bill to further your political career or for your party. Try to represent ALL of the people from your district or state or whatever you represent.

    https://www.ktuu.com/content/news/-Murkowski-disturbed-by-McConnells-vow-for-total-coordination-with-White-House-for-impeachment-trial-566472361.html


    "If it means that I am viewed as one who looks openly and critically at every issue in front of me, rather than acting as a rubber stamp for my party or my president, I'm totally good with that," she said.
    We do, 3 Democrats bailed on Pelosi's folly.
    Peterson, Golden & Van Drew.
    I missed the part where you commended them for their independent thinking.
    Last edited by road kill; 12-26-2019 at 11:29 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

    So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory, the MOMENT." ~ Aldo Leopold

  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    780

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    We do, 3 Democrats bailed on Pelosi's folly.
    Peterson, Golden & Van Drew.
    I missed the part where you commended them for their independent thinking.
    Well doggone it Stan, Let me do that right now. THANK YOU to Colin Peterson, Politician Golden and the Political coward Van Drew.

    Now that we have that out of the way, how many more do we have to work on to get them to think this way?
    ROCK CHALK

    What is Faith? It is the confident assurance that something we want is going to happen. It is the certainty that what we hope for is waiting for us, even though we cannot see it up ahead. ​HEBREWS 11:1

  5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    780

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Calling them names, excellent.

    I think I see what you want, everybody to vote with the Democrats...…...
    As I stated quite clearly in my very first sentence of the OP, I don't care what side of the aisle one is on. "If we had more Politicians with this same type of thinking, be it Republican or Democrat."

    That has always been my position Stan. I have mentioned it more than once on this site, regardless of what side you are on, if the bill has merits then vote for it!!! Don't vote for or against because of party affiliation.

    So many on this site whether they be Red or Blue, you included, would never ever support a bill that was brought up by the other side.

    To respond to your remark regarding name calling, Colin Peterson has always been a person who votes on the merits regardless of which side it came from. I used the "Politician" in front of Golden because I didn't know his first name and I was to lazy to look. I used the words "Political coward" in front of Van Drew because there too I did not have his first name but more importantly that is precisely what he is. No different than Gabbard I believe it was voting "present" for the impeachment. Gutless, both of them.

    As always though on the RTF site, this is just one man's humble opinion. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
    ROCK CHALK

    What is Faith? It is the confident assurance that something we want is going to happen. It is the certainty that what we hope for is waiting for us, even though we cannot see it up ahead. ​HEBREWS 11:1

  7. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Halls, Tn.
    Posts
    5,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reginald View Post
    As I stated quite clearly in my very first sentence of the OP, I don't care what side of the aisle one is on. "If we had more Politicians with this same type of thinking, be it Republican or Democrat."

    That has always been my position Stan. I have mentioned it more than once on this site, regardless of what side you are on, if the bill has merits then vote for it!!! Don't vote for or against because of party affiliation.

    So many on this site whether they be Red or Blue, you included, would never ever support a bill that was brought up by the other side.

    To respond to your remark regarding name calling, Colin Peterson has always been a person who votes on the merits regardless of which side it came from. I used the "Politician" in front of Golden because I didn't know his first name and I was to lazy to look. I used the words "Political coward" in front of Van Drew because there too I did not have his first name but more importantly that is precisely what he is. No different than Gabbard I believe it was voting "present" for the impeachment. Gutless, both of them.

    As always though on the RTF site, this is just one man's humble opinion. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
    Reginald, what you accuse others("I don't care what side of the aisle one is on") you praise the Senator for her thinking toward the democrats. Then you turn around and call a democrat that voted No on impeachment as a COWARD!! Sounds about as partisan as one could be. In fact, I find your position to have zero as to what is right or wrong and 100% as to whether you are blue or red. Just my opinion. I am certainly willing to chance my opinion but you will have to justify your position.

  8. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    780

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    Reginald, what you accuse others("I don't care what side of the aisle one is on") you praise the Senator for her thinking toward the democrats. Then you turn around and call a democrat that voted No on impeachment as a COWARD!! Sounds about as partisan as one could be. In fact, I find your position to have zero as to what is right or wrong and 100% as to whether you are blue or red. Just my opinion. I am certainly willing to chance my opinion but you will have to justify your position.
    I am not a big believer in one switching parties to suit their needs thus the term "coward". My hope would be for the republicans to endorse another candidate when he tries for re-election.

    As for my position Cary. I like to consider myself a Republican however I do think there are some good things the Democrats do. I grew up in the land of the UNION worker, hell I am married to a teacher, but my believe is that the unions have run their coarse. I believe they have served their purpose. I am against bigger gov't and taxes. But I believe in a woman's choice. I wish there were term limits to see if it would change the way some govern. I wish people would vote on merit and not for their political livelihood, for their reelection or because the higher ups in the party tell them to "get in line or else". Most importantly I guess, I don't like people who are DICKS. I won't vote for a person I consider to be one.

    How's that? Will that work for you?
    ROCK CHALK

    What is Faith? It is the confident assurance that something we want is going to happen. It is the certainty that what we hope for is waiting for us, even though we cannot see it up ahead. ​HEBREWS 11:1

  9. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Halls, Tn.
    Posts
    5,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reginald View Post
    I am not a big believer in one switching parties to suit their needs thus the term "coward". My hope would be for the republicans to endorse another candidate when he tries for re-election.

    As for my position Cary. I like to consider myself a Republican however I do think there are some good things the Democrats do. I grew up in the land of the UNION worker, hell I am married to a teacher, but my believe is that the unions have run their coarse. I believe they have served their purpose. I am against bigger gov't and taxes. But I believe in a woman's choice. I wish there were term limits to see if it would change the way some govern. I wish people would vote on merit and not for their political livelihood, for their reelection or because the higher ups in the party tell them to "get in line or else". Most importantly I guess, I don't like people who are DICKS. I won't vote for a person I consider to be one.

    How's that? Will that work for you?
    Given the drastic positions that those that are running for President, I am surprised that more haven't changed parties. As to Tulsi Gabbard, I have a hard time your strong criticism of her. Fact is that she may have felt that the procedures were so biased but the evidence may well have caused her to think there was merit in the charges. Hard to figure why such strong criticism of her unless you are upset that she did not vote to impeach.

    You mention many issues but I will comment only on a couple. You say you ar3 for "term limits". do you know that there was a large number of Republicans retiring two years ago and there is also a large number retiring this term?? Let me also say that of the House Congressmen and women who have served MORE THAN 40 YEARS, 24 are Democrats and 5 are Republicans.

    You praise Sen. Murkowshi(sp) but she continues to be elected and there is little or no criticism of her by her fellow Republicans? In my opnion, your tolerance of the dims' refusal to persue their subpoenas in the courts and believing that it is the responsibility of the Republicans to also issue suboenas when they know that Trump will claim Executiv Privilege, is absurd. What do you think the Senate should do if Trump's lawyers wanted to subpoena the Bidens, Shiff and his staff and even the whistle blower? You do realize that will just be the start of Trump's lawyers if the Senate tries to subpoena the four that Shumer asks.

  10. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pac NW
    Posts
    8,760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reginald View Post
    I am not a big believer in one switching parties to suit their needs thus the term "coward". My hope would be for the republicans to endorse another candidate when he tries for re-election.

    As for my position Cary. I like to consider myself a Republican however I do think there are some good things the Democrats do. I grew up in the land of the UNION worker, hell I am married to a teacher, but my believe is that the unions have run their coarse. I believe they have served their purpose. I am against bigger gov't and taxes. But I believe in a woman's choice. I wish there were term limits to see if it would change the way some govern. I wish people would vote on merit and not for their political livelihood, for their reelection or because the higher ups in the party tell them to "get in line or else". Most importantly I guess, I don't like people who are DICKS. I won't vote for a person I consider to be one.

    How's that? Will that work for you?
    Those who ride the fence will suffer on the barbed wire.

    You sound much like the resident who professes to be liberaltarian.

    Those elected to office who believe everything is done in absolutes make poor leaders
    who are actually very good at providing excuses.

    As 4 POTUS, he spends too much but one has to love his judicial appointments which
    will go a long way in righting the US. what has he not done or tried to do that is contrary
    to what he said he would be.
    __________________________

    Marvin S

    Everyone's friend is No One's friend

    Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

    The world is a dangerous place to live. Not because of those who are evil, but because of those who
    choose to do nothing about that! Einstein

  11. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Corinth MS
    Posts
    1,311

    Default

    Do away with the House and Senate meeting in DC. Make them stay in their home districts and do video meetings, facing their constituents as they vote. Do away with the vote- Present, either yes or no.
    "Proud Member of Black Labs Matter Movement"

  12. #10
    Senior Member HPL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Coastal Bend of Texas
    Posts
    5,439

    Default

    A good start would be winnowing down all the federal regulations and reducing the number of bureaucrats by at least half.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

    Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

    Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

    www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •