Retriever Coach
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can Anyone Repair Tri-Tronics Pro 500 G3 EXP

Quote Originally Posted by Reginald View Post
    You can try these fine people.

Magnum Telemetry @ 252-524-9848 out of North Carolina
    Okay boys and girls, here is the deal.

Collar clinic's web site says they do not work on Tri-tronics G2 and G3's
    I called them to try and ask trouble shooting questions and left a message with no return call?
    I took the collars to Batteries Plus and they did not have the batteries in stock and could not locate the batteries that fit my collars.
    If they could locate them they would be $30 plus tax each.
    I just shipped the collars and transmitters to the folks at Magnum Telemetry. They charge $35 dollars per collar or transmitter to change the batteries, but do not perform any other service. I am guessing from talking to them that the problem is the batteries? We will see what they say when they get and test them?
    I'll keep ya'll posted as things progress.
    Gregg Leonard

FC Tremblin Earth's Touch Of Chocolate Reese FC/AFC Land Ahoy X Baypoints Dream QA2
    Hostess City's Seaside Tornado Warning Windy NDL QAA FC Clooney X Seasides Chrome
    Red Squads Fifty Caliber Sniper QA2 NAFC FC/AFC Grady X FC/AFC Maple Creeks Mattie Mae
    Red Squads Bad Girlfriend Tinker NDL QA2 FC/AFC Ranger X Good Ideas Windy Retreezer QA2

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Posting just in case anyone has an ancient Tri-tronics model. Collar Clinic can repair older Tri-tronics transmitters. I am reading my invoice from them dated 11-11-19: "Repair TT G3 Transmitter PRO 500 EXP."

They repaired it for $69 and it works great. So, if you have an ancient TT Pro collar like mine, Collar Clinic can repair the transmitter. My collar is about 10 years old.

Changing out your own battery is really not that hard. Find the battery online and replace it yourself.

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Where do you find a receiver (collar) battery for a G2 or G3 on line? I don't think they exist except maybe on eBay occasionly when someone is selling a used one. You can buy the batteries for the transmitter, but batteries for the receivers have all but dried up.
    David Zalunardo

FC AFC Parriette's Abby Gale - 2014 NARC Finalist
    Parriette's Maxi Mag - up and comer (I hope)

"If you think you can or you think you can't, you are right"

Quote Originally Posted by wetdog View Post
    Where do you find a receiver (collar) battery for a G2 or G3 on line? I don't think they exist except maybe on eBay occasionly when someone is selling a used one. You can buy the batteries for the transmitter, but batteries for the receivers have all but dried up.
    That's going top be you best hope WETDOG. Although i have a good friend that bought one some where that was posted on this forum or maybe another not real sure..
    Mike Boles

Dave, I got one off E-Bay for my Pro-100 G3. I forgot who.May be the one mentioned above.
    Jeff Gruber
    working on pelts
    Duckponds Prize Package 5-2002-6-22-2017 RIP
    CK'S Contessa (avatar)
    Ice Cold Juice *** 1-17-2012 12-3-2018 RIP
    I Ain't No Tin Lizzy
    Mission Valley Hoping for a Repeat
    Franklin's 29 Degrees True North

Quote Originally Posted by Reginald View Post
    You can try these fine people.

Magnum Telemetry @ 252-524-9848 out of North Carolina
    big thanks Reginald, You are the Man!!!!
    Gregg Leonard

FC Tremblin Earth's Touch Of Chocolate Reese FC/AFC Land Ahoy X Baypoints Dream QA2
    Hostess City's Seaside Tornado Warning Windy NDL QAA FC Clooney X Seasides Chrome
    Red Squads Fifty Caliber Sniper QA2 NAFC FC/AFC Grady X FC/AFC Maple Creeks Mattie Mae
    Red Squads Bad Girlfriend Tinker NDL QA2 FC/AFC Ranger X Good Ideas Windy Retreezer QA2

Does/can magnum telemetry rebuild the batteries for the g2/g3 receivers (collars)? I gave batteries +bulbs one of my dead batteries and they disassembled it and said they couldn’t rebuild them.
    David Zalunardo

FC AFC Parriette's Abby Gale - 2014 NARC Finalist
    Parriette's Maxi Mag - up and comer (I hope)

"If you think you can or you think you can't, you are right"

Hi, I own a Tri-tronics G3 Pro 500 EXP 3 dog transmitter and collar. I purchased a collar battery replacement 5 years ago on Amazon and they still stock it on Amazon. The best way to find replacement batteries for transmitters or collars is to use the battery model number and then search as Tri-tronics collar battery number XXXX-xxxx. Use the model number of the battery which is printed on the battery itself or should be in your Tri-tronics paperwork/manual if you kept that.

There are lots and lots of replacement batteries for collars and transmitters on Amazon. They aren't manufactured by Tri-tronics but they work well. I have replaced both collar batteries and transmitter batteries with batteries purchased on Amazon.

Does/can magnum telemetry rebuild the batteries for the g2/g3 receivers (collars)? I gave batteries +bulbs one of my dead batteries and they disassembled it and said they couldn’t rebuild them.
    I think they rebuild the G2 transmitter battery, the sealed one with the bayonet mount but not the similarly constructed receiver batteries. I have a still functional G2 transmitter with 3 functional receivers but chose to purchase a Pro 550 with 2 receivers recognizing the life expectancy of the TT collars.