Pretty displeased - Page 2
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pretty displeased

Quote Originally Posted by NateB View Post
    So sorry to hear about your dog's illness, totally sucks. My daughter's cat has lymphoma, and what really stinks is there not a lot I can do for my own daughter.
    Can't help with a pup, but I suspect they are a few quality litters in the Texas area. I agree it was quite out of place from them to move your post, belongs here, not the classifieds.
    Thanks,

HPL
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Sorry for the bad news Hugh. I don't know which is harder, knowing a month ahead of time and waiting, or finding out that that they're eaten up with no time left as was the case with my girl.

I know of 2 upcoming FT litters but I think all are accounted for; I'll ask. Do you know anyone with Alamo, Waterloo or B-CS HT clubs? Lots of good folks and networking within those groups. Give me a call if you need contacts. Mark ('79)

I am very sorry for you and your Golden. Sometimes it just isn't fair....! We lost two of our three Golden's last year to cancer, it has been devastating. They were both well over 10...we were thankful for that...

We too decided to find a new pup, not as a replacement, as the dogs we lost are irreplacable. But, we are at a point where we have room in our heart and minds to bring a new Golden into our pack. We worked with our trainer to find a new field bred Golden, we got lucky! We are going to see the litter today and will pick him up around the 20th. I would give you their name but the litter is sold out.

As for finding a litter, if you have not already checked, look on https://www.goldenretrieverforum.com/ and https://www.entryexpress.net/loggedIn/default.aspx and https://www.grca.org/

Good Luck

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    I am very sorry for you and your Golden. Sometimes it just isn't fair....! We lost two of our three Golden's last year to cancer, it has been devastating. They were both well over 10...we were thankful for that...

We too decided to find a new pup, not as a replacement, as the dogs we lost are irreplacable. But, we are at a point where we have room in our heart and minds to bring a new Golden into our pack. We worked with our trainer to find a new field bred Golden, we got lucky! We are going to see the litter today and will pick him up around the 20th. I would give you their name but the litter is sold out.

As for finding a litter, if you have not already checked, look on https://www.goldenretrieverforum.com/ and https://www.entryexpress.net/loggedIn/default.aspx and https://www.grca.org/

Good Luck
    Golden?
    His dog is a Labrador and he is looking for a Labrador as a replacement for him.

Hugh, Im Sorry for our dogs sickness. They never last long enough
    Great to hear that you and he had an enjoyable time chasing doves. It warmed my heart to hear you describe his acting as a 2 yr old again.
    Check the want ads for puppies on here, FB, EE Hunting lab etc and Im sure you will have plenty of good Texas options as there are many good avid Lab folks in South Tx
    Good Luck and Enjoy your last few days with him

Hugh,

Sorry to hear about your dog. It is never easy. I will have a litter of pups this spring, breeding is to take place in January. Both parents qualified for the 2019 National Retriever Championship. Both parents had Open wins by the age of four. Litter will be whelped in Centerville, TX. PM me if you would like more info.

Thanks,

Richard
    Official Launcher of the 2005, 2006,2007,2008,2009 & 2010 HRC Fall & Spring Grand!

Contact a Carole Robison in Anderson TX, she has bred some wonderful dogs and has multiple litters annually.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth Niles Bora View Post
    It does seem a bit dirt bagious to move a dying dog thread to sales. What is your area and what breed of pup are you looking for?
    Howdy Ken,

Sorry I didn't reply directly. I'm in the coastal bend region of Texas. I've been hunting with labs since my first one back 40 years ago (he was born 12/31/79) and at this stage in my life, I can't see making a switch.

My wife and I take care of my nonambulatory mother and I'm the only one who can actually move her, so I can't be away for more than 10hrs or so, and then only rarely. That really means that I am initially looking for appropriate litters within about a 4.5-5hr drive from Kingsville, Tx. If I can't find something I like (and can afford) within that area, I may have to rely on someone I don't know picking out a pup I haven't seen, for me. Not sure that I am going to be comfortable with that, but I suppose folks do it all the time.

You still making that great syrup? Our chapter of Quail Coalition really appreciated being able to raffle off some a few years ago.

Thanks again.

Hugh
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post

Good Luck
    Hi swampy.

Thanks for your kind note.
    It's hard to believe that my guy is as sick as he is. He was out on the patio yesterday afternoon chasing his tail just as he has always done. Wolfed down his food tonight, but his ribs are beginning to to show a little and I can feel his backbone a bit more than normal. Although goldens are wonderful dogs, it's just too hot for me to be comfortable running one when we begin hunting dove down here first week of Sept. (often around 100 degrees), and too many sand burrs and other grabby plants for all that long hair. To be honest, after my first black lab died (15yrs old) I decided on yellows as I felt like they might be able to take the heat a little better.

I will look at entry express and see what might be happening in my general vicinity. One big problem I will face is that Texas is BIG and the large population centers are spread out quite a bit, and Kingsville may not be AT the end of the world, but on a clear day, I'm pretty sure you can see it from here.

Hugh
    (John Dewey)

(George Washington)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Littlejohn View Post
    Sorry for the bad news Hugh. I don't know which is harder, knowing a month ahead of time and waiting, or finding out that that they're eaten up with no time left as was the case with my girl.

I know of 2 upcoming FT litters but I think all are accounted for; I'll ask. Do you know anyone with Alamo, Waterloo or B-CS HT clubs? Lots of good folks and networking within those groups. Give me a call if you need contacts. Mark ('79)
    Howdy Mark,

Could you pm me your phone number please?

Hugh
    (John Dewey)

(George Washington)

Quote Originally Posted by Irishwhistler View Post
    Hugh,
    So very sorry to hear about the dire circumstances for your retriever. A tough card dealt most certainly and he is fortunate to have you in his corner during this most difficult point in time.

Prayers kept for your strength and for success with your search.

Sincere regrets,
    Mike ☘️
    Howdy Mike,

Thanks for the kind note. I don't believe that dogs have the kind of existential dread of death that humans have. I know that all animals have a survival instinct, but that's not the same thing, so I see no sign of real awareness of the situation in the dog. He still relishes his food and still wants to play, but back in Oct when we had our first cool snap, he was doing 20-25 backyard retrieves (about 25-30yds ea direction) every evening, and sometimes doing it again an hour or so later. Now he is only wanting to do one or two at a time, but still wants to go again after a bit of rest. He is just short of 10, and I figured I'd have at least two or maybe even three more seasons to hunt and then have a year or two for him to just loll around. We are going to miss him terribly.

Hugh
    (John Dewey)

(George Washington)