Pretty displeased
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pretty displeased

Default Pretty displeased

I have an otherwise healthy dog who I just found out is dying of Lymphoma. Vet says we might have as much as a month before he just falls off a cliff. In order to reach out to the greatest group for help I asked if ANYONE here KNEW of anyone in my area who might have a litter in the near future and the post was removed from the the forum and put in the for sale section, which will GREATLY reduce my chances of finding a dog. I notice several other threads about other people asking for help with various other dog related products that are still up. What's the point of being part of this community if one can't reach out when one really needs help?

One pissed off member!!!

HPL
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    I have an otherwise healthy dog who I just found out is dying of Lymphoma. Vet says we might have as much as a month before he just falls off a cliff. In order to reach out to the greatest group for help I asked if ANYONE here KNEW of anyone in my area who might have a litter in the near future and the post was removed from the the forum and put in the for sale section, which will GREATLY reduce my chances of finding a dog. I notice several other threads about other people asking for help with various other dog related products that are still up. What's the point of being part of this community if one can't reach out when one really needs help?

One pissed off member!!!

HPL
    Do you need help with your sick dog or help just trying to find a new puppy? Confused why you are pissed off? My reading comprehension sucks according to many here namely old crabby folks
    Empire's Honey Ryder QAA2-CBR-F-3-18-2013
    Crossfire's Empire Builder SH, QAACBR-M- 2-15-2009
    GCH Breakwater Salutes USS MADDOX SH-CBR-F-10-27-2006
    RIP Rainyvalis Callin' Hawaii 5-0-CBR-F- 2-19-2002 - 09-27-2006
    and the labs, too many to list.

It does seem a bit dirt bagious to move a dying dog thread to sales. What is your area and what breed of pup are you looking for?

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Hugh,
    So very sorry to hear about the dire circumstances for your retriever. A tough card dealt most certainly and he is fortunate to have you in his corner during this most difficult point in time.

Prayers kept for your strength and for success with your search.

Sincere regrets,
    Mike ☘️🇮🇪🇺🇸
    TEAM TRAD PRO STAFF
    DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY

Sorry for your troubles
    Find Dick Kaiser in Ala or Tim Thompson in Illinois. Dicks litter due about feb 1, Tim’s about March 1. Each have very high quality litters with potential.
    It will be spendie
    Dave Kress

I agree with you hugh.
    john mccallie

cornbread and ice tea 's took the place of pills and 90 proof

Go to HuntingLabPedigree.com Then click on CLASSIFIEDS, and then click on PUPPIES/LITTERS, then if you want to select by State or dog color you can do that also. It will give you a list of litters. Just make sure you double check the Due Date (some are old, some are in the future, etc etc).

So sorry to hear about your dog's illness, totally sucks. My daughter's cat has lymphoma, and what really stinks is there not a lot I can do for my own daughter.
    Can't help with a pup, but I suspect they are a few quality litters in the Texas area. I agree it was quite out of place from them to move your post, belongs here, not the classifieds.
    Nate Baxter, DVM
    Clarksville, OH

Try Jeff Johnson he's had some good litters.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Gilmore View Post
    Do you need help with your sick dog or help just trying to find a new puppy? Confused why you are pissed off? My reading comprehension sucks according to many here namely old crabby folks

Howdy Happy,

Well, there's really no help for the old man. Not going to put him through chemo for a few short months of misery. At the moment he is enjoying his meals, and we went out for dove the a week ago Monday and he acted like a two year old, so as long as he is showing some joie de vivre, we will keep on going, but I am only expecting a very few weeks. After that I will be looking to get a pup, but because I am not involved with the games, and because I live pretty near the end of the world, I don't have the contacts that many of ya'll might, so ams needing suggestions in looking for that pup. My requirements may not be as fine as those of you who are at the high levels of gaming. I want a dog with good health certifications (hips, elbows, eyes, etc.) and it would be nice to get one out of a line known for good general health and longevity, and of course, a strong desire to retrieve, a willingness to learn, and a loving demeanor. (Not asking much, I know). I prefer yellows because I just feel like the heat of our dove season down here is harder on black dogs, and I do want a male.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone here feel that yellows and blacks have somewhat different personality characteristics?

I will not be ready to bring a pup into the household until the big guy is gone. I don't want to cause him any additional angst. Just sentimental that way.

Thanks again to all.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com